As a mother who formula feeds..

C

cherryglitter

https://www.maternitywomen.com/maternity-news/stop-pointing-start-doing.html

Im not too sure how I feel about this!
Just thought i'd share.. xx

i think thats awfull! whatever reasons/ benifits ect ect at the end of the day its your body and your baby. if you dont want to breast feed for whatever reason dont and no one else has the right to even have an oppinion

I agree with the sentiments but i know it wouldnt work and could make some FFers feel a bit crappy. I too just don't understand why people don't want to breastfeed (im not talking about those who tried and tried but for whatever reason couldnt) :shrug:

i think thats awfull! whatever reasons/ benifits ect ect at the end of the day its your body and your baby. if you dont want to breast feed for whatever reason dont and no one else has the right to even have an oppinion

Everyone has a right to an opinion. You'd be disgusted with a pregnant woman rolling around drunk would you not? Whats the difference in judging her for that and for not breastfeeding? Its her body, her baby after all.

I actually hate this women and If I ever saw her I would slap her

She doesnt know how hard it was for me to breast feed and how much it hurt me to give a bottle and still does to some extent

Talk about being uneducated she should look in a mirror

It only her opinion, she's well entitled to it, as a FF mum i just tend to take things like that on the chin as one womans personal opinion has no relevance to my decisions as a mother.

Of course,we all know breastfeeding is best.

But,I think this,which is from that article,is just horrible...

'To those women who choose not to breastfeed, I would like you to make the following statements—out loud, holding your baby, looking directly at their face:

“I CHOOSE for you to have a weaker immune system.”

“I CHOOSE for you to have a greater risk of having chronic ear infections.”

“I CHOOSE for you to have a greater risk of having asthma.”

“I CHOOSE for you to have a greater risk of having juvenile diabetes.”

“I CHOOSE for you to have a greater risk of having childhood leukemia.”

“I CHOOSE for you to have a greater risk of dying of sudden infant death syndrome.”

THEN say, “I make this choice because ________,” and fill in the blank with your excuse for not breastfeeding. Harsh, isn’t it? Those are the facts.'

I think,yes of course,educate about breastfeeding and keep making everyone aware that breast is best but I don't think there is any need to make people who choose not to,feel guilty and unhappy or like they're making the wrong choice for their baby.

I chose not to breastfeed. It just never appealed to me. It could be that I was 'undereducated' about breastfeeding, but I know all the benefits and my midwife spent a whole appointment talking to me about breastfeeding, but i'd made my mind up already.

Maybe it's something to do with my age and generation (Im 22!)? Im not saying that's the case for everyone at all! But I just think it's the 'norm' to formula feed, although that could be the people I know. I like the fact that my OH can just make up a bottle and feed Jake too. It takes a lot of the pressure away from me and im not too sure how I would've coped if I had breastfed. x

I really wanted to breast feed caleb. I tried and it made me have a bad hypo(diabetic) and i was scared I would put caleb at risk if it happened again.
Now that im on a pump mabye i will be better when baby #2 comes along. I did feel bad about it.
Everyone has there own opinions. But im sure this will cause a few dissputes x

I must admit the "I choose to" section did get my back up!

I think its dreadful and to be honest im sick of all of it. It is her opinion but I wish she'd just shut her mouth instead of thinking she knows everything and that she is some kind of saint.
Whether or not people choose to BF or FF its no one elses business but their own. End of!

I chose not to breastfeed. It just never appealed to me. It could be that I was 'undereducated' about breastfeeding, but I know all the benefits and my midwife spent a whole appointment talking to me about breastfeeding, but i'd made my mind up already.

Maybe it's something to do with my age and generation (Im 22!)? Im not saying that's the case for everyone at all! But I just think it's the 'norm' to formula feed, although that could be the people I know. I like the fact that my OH can just make up a bottle and feed Jake too. It takes a lot of the pressure away from me and im not too sure how I would've coped if I had breastfed. x

I'm 22 and breastfeeding my 19 month old. Its nothing to do with age. I think more of it is a social thing. Your friends and family don't breastfeed so you didn't either.

I think im going to move this over to the debate section, just FYI :)

I can see how this would annoy some people, I ff both my boys but I couldnt give a shit what this woman thinks, or any other woman for that matter !!! They are my boys and I will parent them how I wish, just like every other mother out there will do the same. Tbh I think to many people have TO MUCH to say nowadays regarding, ff/breast feeding, weaning, nappies ect, ect,ect. They should take all that time and energy they are wasting on trying to change people minds and put it into something useful. This is just my opinion :)

I just couldn't imagine writing something like that about breastfeeding and making people feel shite about their decisions. I would be shot down instantly. I dont understand why its acceptable for people to say things like this;

"These women who ridicule advocates of breastfeeding, accusing them of making them feel guilty, fit into one of three categories: 1) uneducated, 2) selfish, or 3) lazy."

It's disgusting! xx

I FF fed my baby, I had to stop BF for medical reasons, I dont take my parenting tips from the likes Gisele or any other celebrity or this woman.

I CHOSE to ff my first :) I dont feel guilty about my decision and never will, I was 19 at the time and tbh it just didnt appeal to me. I then CHOSE to breastfeed my second, but things didnt work out and I ff him to. :)

Breastfeeding isn't a parenting tip though :\ It's ashame. gisele could have been a great breastfeeding advocat but she worded it all wrong :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->