As a mother who formula feeds..

Thank you Lisa and Tiff!

Sorry Dragonfly, I feel like you are misunderstanding my post. I am not putting down breastfeeding, etc. I don't think there even is a debate on breastfeeding, we know nutritionally it is "best", it was on mothers being allowed a choice.

Dragonfly - you may be the exception rather than the rule here.
MOST moms do eventually let their kid have some treats and other foods that aren't the 'best' for them. And letting them eat a big sugary cake at their first birthday party is so much a tradition in most places that people buy a separate 'smash' cake so the kid can demolish their own cake and everyone else still has some to eat.

Those SAME moms go on and on about how breast is best and do look down on moms that FF (or at least those who choose FF withou trying BFing)

I think if people are going to bring up repeatedly how they don't understand how a mom could choose to feed their baby something that was 2nd best... then its perfectly reasonable to expand the discussion to feeding your child 2nd best foods later in life.
People care SO much about BFing, but when it comes to that cake on their 1st birthday... its 'oh let them have fun'.

That's what I was meaning with my post. My mother, who was appalled that I switched to formula when my daughter was an infant argued with me as to why my daughter couldn't have a few french fries when she was 12 months.

It never made sense to me, personally. Why be so concerned about breast milk when at 12 months she thinks its a crime to not allow my daughter to have something fried, full of saturated fats and little to no nutritional content at all?

:flower:

To much to reply to but I do know the type your are talking about that feed junk. I am not sure what a juice box is compaired to a home made one but if its to do with fruit and in a carton its not junk I give William smooties innocent ones that only have fruit in them as he wont actually eat fruit for me its better than no fruit. I do not judhe mums for not making their own bread, I do have an allergy so I have to make my own stuff like my own bread and william gets a loaf from the shop as he has no allergy, that isnt junk though.

Junk I consider is chrisps, chocolate, buns and constant chips. I seen parents give their kids lucazade at 4 and wonder why they are wreaking the place and acting up after that. Foods do effect moods of kids, I know this as my sister is allergic to most foods and my parents take no notice and it makes her autism worse. my mums ideal meal for us growing up when dad was at work was chips and piza , perhaps a good reason why I am coalic now as i do think thats to do with an earlier bad start in diet. Formula is also linked to coalics to . My son got no gluten till after a year of things that could cause allergy,. I have been careful. And he does get treats by the way I dont have him totally without any nice things but in moderation not as a main food group. I may not be healthy but I want my kids to be anyway. Breastfeeding was one of the things I could do.
breastfeeding your kid dosnt mean you cant give them cake on their birthday lisa? you can only do what you can do and a piece of cake as a treat isnt going to ruin all the hard work of breastfeeding.

You are saying "you can only do what you can" and that is the point we are trying to make.

No one said it undoes breastfeeding.

I'm not saying that breastfeeding is undone by feeding cake. Just that all mothers choose what food is acceptable for their child and unless the child's health is actually in danger from it... its really nobody's business but the mom's. Hope that makes sense.
If its so important to feed your kid the 'best', then why does 1 piece of cake not matter? Shouldn't it ALL matter? :shrug:

SOME moms would say store-bought bread is full of preservatives which are bad etc (and for all I know you buy preservative-free bread...)... but there is always a 'better' choice to make out there... it doesn't make anyone a bad mother for choosing the 2nd best option.
Some moms would love to buy organic, preservative free-food but simply can't afford it... they work 2 jobs and can't garden their own veggies etc. It doesn't make them a worse mom than one who feeds the 'best' 100% of the time.

I'm not saying that breastfeeding is undone by feeding cake. Just that all mothers choose what food is acceptable for their child and unless the child's health is actually in danger from it... its really nobody's business but the mom's. Hope that makes sense.
If its so important to feed your kid the 'best', then why does 1 piece of cake not matter? Shouldn't it ALL matter? :shrug:

SOME moms would say store-bought bread is full of preservatives which are bad etc (and for all I know you buy preservative-free bread...)... but there is always a 'better' choice to make out there... it doesn't make anyone a bad mother for choosing the 2nd best option.
Some moms would love to buy organic, preservative free-food but simply can't afford it... they work 2 jobs and can't garden their own veggies etc. It doesn't make them a worse mom than one who feeds the 'best' 100% of the time.

:thumbup:

since she loves emphasizing in capitals...

HOW. DARE. SHE.

I never would wish pain on someone but she should feel the pain of severe mastitis, cysts, infected ducts, blood in your milk irritating your babies delicate tummy and STORNG antibiotics that would make your baby ILL if they were to consume it through your milk.

Stupid. IGNORANT woman...makes me SO ANGRY!!! :growlmad:

twiggy - love your baby's pic in your avatar!!! I love baby faces!!! :)

on a less angier note...thank you m'dear :cloud9: Shes a wee character, this also doubles as 'the rage' face :rofl:

on a less angier note...thank you m'dear :cloud9: Shes a wee character, this also doubles as 'the rage' face :rofl:

always nice to divert from the ranting from time to time... thats just so adorable, lol! Seeing a funny baby face always makes me smile!

Lisaf - just to keep you smiling :rofl:

https://i.imgur.com/aiwvR.jpg

OMG... PMSL .. .you're going to get me in trouble at work for laughing/crying at my desk!!!
That is adorable!!!
Its the Zoolander face!

Think i need to watch zoolander now!

It was his poo face when he was tiddly, :cloud9: i miss his funny faces!

Think i need to watch zoolander now!

It was his poo face when he was tiddly, :cloud9: i miss his funny faces! He just doesn't seem to pull them anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->