As a mother who formula feeds..

i think its completely STUPID!! when there allowed to bring in laws that state a women must breastfeed is when they can start bring in all sorts of laws which inpact on human rights.. Such as by law only married couple can have sex and all men must/must not shave!!

I tried bf'ing it did not work out but im not going to feel bad for using formula :thumbup:

sorry, but what a horrible article. as long as a child is loved and cared for, why should others dictate how another person parents! - i too am referring to the 'i choose bit' as jen quoted.
personally, i no i'm doing, and have always done the best by my daughter, and take these articles with a pinch of salt.
i don't judge others, so i don't understand why people, like the women in the article, feels the need to judge how i feed my child.

i think its completely STUPID!! when there allowed to bring in laws that state a women must breastfeed is when they can start bring in all sorts of laws which inpact on human rights.. Such as by law only married couple can have sex and all men must/must not shave!!

I tried bf'ing it did not work out but im not going to feel bad for using formula :thumbup:

i totally agree with this. too me a 'law' would be a nanny state/dictatorship, where would it end? :shrug:

I can see how this would annoy some people, I ff both my boys but I couldnt give a shit what this woman thinks, or any other woman for that matter !!! They are my boys and I will parent them how I wish, just like every other mother out there will do the same. Tbh I think to many people have TO MUCH to say nowadays regarding, ff/breast feeding, weaning, nappies ect, ect,ect. They should take all that time and energy they are wasting on trying to change people minds and put it into something useful. This is just my opinion :)

I agree :D

i totally agree with this. too me a 'law' would be a nanny state/dictatorship, where would it end? :shrug:

Totally Agree :thumbup:

Its acticles like this and things I have read on the forum that makes it so hard to get over, why do people like to make others feel bad

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I almost feel like people who breastfeed feel they are elite.

I have my own reasons for this and im not tarnishing everyone with the same brush at all! Maybe if everyone was a bit more open minded then more people would like to breastfed. I felt like it was constantly being pushed on me! x

I really wish people like her would just f*** off. I don't see how making women who already ff feel guilty helps the cause at all? Surely instead they should be focusing on women who haven't yet had their babies? Or on improving the standard of post-natal support and care. Maybe actually helping other mothers by being empathetic and understanding would improve the statistics.

Energy is wasted on what they are doing. It is TOO LATE for those women, so focus on the future instead.

I wouldn't usually wish badly on anyone...but sometimes I really do hope that she goes through the things that so many women on here have been through, then maybe she would get off her high horse and realise that not everyone who ff does so out of choice.

I ignore most articles like this because no ones oppinion no matter how much they are intittled to it is going to change the fact I love my son, I formula feed because I love him.
I couldnt get any flow going at all, I suffered severely with blocked ducts he couldnt latch on he was starving after 4 weeks of barley being able to get anything from me so I CHOOSE to formula because the altnerative was to let him starve to death.
And thats why I formula feed because I loved him enough to not let that happen.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I almost feel like people who breastfeed feel they are elite.

I have my own reasons for this and im not tarnishing everyone with the same brush at all! Maybe if everyone was a bit more open minded then more people would like to breastfed. I felt like it was constantly being pushed on me! x

Me too not all but a vocal few

I know a few that think they are "ELITE" because they breastfeed :coffee:

Each and every mother does what she feels is right for HER baby. I really am sick and tired of hearing stupid comments about ff feeding, I personnally dont give a shit but I know there are a lot of ladies that are hurt by such comments, it is totally uncalled for. One mother shouldnt feel superior to another we are all doing the same job and we should support each other not try and put each other down :cry: again just my opinion :thumbup:

I think its dreadful and to be honest im sick of all of it. It is her opinion but I wish she'd just shut her mouth instead of thinking she knows everything and that she is some kind of saint.
Whether or not people choose to BF or FF its no one elses business but their own. End of!

I actualy refuse to answer that question when its on any of my dr forms that have nothing to do with feeding.
Its no ones business but mine how my baby is fed, at least he is being fed which is more then some mothers do (im talking about recent news articles not anyone personal) isnt that what realy matters?

I know right. Im sick to the back teeth of people acting like FF is some kind of alien thing to do. For goodness sake, there is nothing wrong with it.

I think its dreadful and to be honest im sick of all of it. It is her opinion but I wish she'd just shut her mouth instead of thinking she knows everything and that she is some kind of saint.
Whether or not people choose to BF or FF its no one elses business but their own. End of!

I actualy refuse to answer that question when its on any of my dr forms that have nothing to do with feeding.
Its no ones business but mine how my baby is fed, at least he is being fed which is more then some mothers do (im talking about recent news articles not anyone personal) isnt that what realy matters?

Of course thats all that matter. This woman really didnt think hard enough when writing this article. ok so breastfeeding is now law, we all have to breastfeed, soooooo what happens to the ladies that dont have milk ?? what happens to the ladies who have very hungry babies and dont produce enough milk ?? what happens to the ladies that may have had cancer and have had their boobs removed ?? I know the last one is a bit extreme but it happens !!!

I remember on some of my doctor forms, it had check boxes with 'breastfed?' and nothing to do with formula feeding, just said 'none' or something.
It's almost like it's not an option, it's just completely ignored.

Should I talk about some of the mothers I know who breastfed and all the crap they went through and how much pain they were in? I don't because I CHOOSE not to be derogatory, but is that because im constantly being reminded of how 'breast is best', what about formula feeding being fantastic or something eh!? xx

If that did ever become law I would choose to have no more children and I bet it would scare people into having more terminations too

Sorry but thats as offensive as a BFer saying people who use formula are stupid and selfish :wacko: Practise what you preach and don't be so nasty :wacko:

Okay, this thread has got ridiculous LOL. Yes, I'm sure loads more people would get terminations cos breastfeeding is so horrible :roll: The whole push on breastfeeding is because people see it as alien, and formula as normal, NOT the other way round.

Nothing wrong with bf but making people do it for 6 months is

Oh and FYI if I had another one and had to stop bf my baby would die under this law, does this lady want babies to die

ok iv calmed down lol i worded my first post totaly wrong the whold thing just got my back up and also i was quite shocked as iv never heard any one quite like that!

what i meant to say is that of course every one has there oppinion but that they should sometimes keep it to them selfs, its horrible to think how that must have made some mums feel. i believe it is your own body and your own baby and you should be able to feed the way you feel comfortable.

:flower: flower for a peace offering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->