Ask a Mum who uses CLOTH NAPPIES / DIAPERS [28/6 - 5/7]

Admin may or may not have replied to Lisa, really not sure, but the potential pit fall of this is that others who are at different stages in their journey (TTC, LTTC etc.) but do use eco-friendly products wouldn't venture into the parenting areas much if at all....

a good way for a section to get more notice is just to use it more :) A lot of members use the unread posts function on the forum for browsing, so if there is a post that catches their eye, even if one they don't normally go into, it might steer them towards that area (if that makes sense)

Thanks Vickie - That does make sense actually. :)

It does indeed and I'm one step ahead... a couple of days ago I blitzed the area with new threads :muaha:

me too!:rofl::muaha:

Shifter and Jacqui have covered all the best topics :rofl:

Sorry if I've overlooked this info in the thread ... there's a lot here!
Just wondering what you used when you started potty training?? Did you find some cloth nappy/diaper style pull ups/training pants?
This is our next challenge ...

We should keep the eco area more active. If it proves a success maybe we could suggest a green living area in you and your family so its not just about parenting and covers a wide range of green topics from composting, nappies to cleaning products.

On another note I got my bum genius today! Im so excited. Need to wash them first tho. Do any of you use liners with them and do you just use the one insert?

I dont use liners at the mo sam cos Leo isnt doing sloppy poops lol, but I do use the 2 inserts as hes quite a heavy wetter!

Dont forget to post a piccy of Meadow in her BG's!!

I use both inserts too and no liners, even though Jack does have runny poos.... speaking of which I just heard one lol!

Sorry if I've overlooked this info in the thread ... there's a lot here!
Just wondering what you used when you started potty training?? Did you find some cloth nappy/diaper style pull ups/training pants?
This is our next challenge ...

Yep they make cloth "pull-ups", I haven't personally used them yet, we aren't quite there with hayden, but I know they make a few different brands that have some great reviews

With my BG I used the 1 bigger insert that snaps...I only used the 2nd one if I was putting it on him overnight. I don't use liners in them :)

I got some extra insert of the small size for my BG and use 2. I find it fits better that way since we're still on the smallest snap setting. But we did have leaking last night, when Alice woke up this morning her back was all wet :(

I got some extra insert of the small size for my BG and use 2. I find it fits better that way since we're still on the smallest snap setting. But we did have leaking last night, when Alice woke up this morning her back was all wet :(

i had this problem with my BG too.:hissy:

I think Im gonna try putting a wrap over the top just in case. x

Has it leaked with the bigger insert and smaller one overnight? I never had it leak like that

Just thought I'd share this for anyone interested.
Was in Toys R us today and saw they had Totsbots Bamboozle Rainbow coloured nappies on offer.
5x nappies and 1x plain wrap for £19.99!!!!! :happydance:
This is a complete bargain, and I couldn't quite believe it, so bought 2 packs (and had a voucher for £5 off, so only really spent £35 for 10 nappies and 2 wraps!).
I would have bought loads more in second size had I actually used these yet, but as LO hasn't yet arrived I don't know how they'll get on with them. I've been buying bits and pieces and not committing myself to any one brand until I've tried them out (plus having read this whole thread I'm starting to think AIO's and pockets will be better for LO when they're a little older).
Anyway, thought I'd give people an opportunity to get this bargain too, but I've got a feeling its only in store, as they don't even have totsbots on the website.

ONe of the few brands available a lot over here is Kooshies although I believe they are almost extinct elsewhere and have seen very mixed reviews of them. Has anybody any experience as I have been offered 4 2nd hand at what seems like a cheap price...

Edited due to Typo in the brand!

I've never heard of them sorry :( Do you have a link for them?

ooo archies coolababys came today and i love them ...although they say from nb archie is 4 months and 17lb and is on the smallest snap setting they would be massive on a newborn...so far no leaks even a pooey one

am converted xx

https://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatalog/details-06KUSHULT.html

They've changed the brand name from Kooshies to Kushies...

yay for coolababys!:happydance:

Ive heard of kooshies but not got any so cant comment on them..

Ive had some Happy Heinys arrive today and Leos got one on now...one with monkeys on lol...he looks so sweet in it:cloud9:

https://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatalog/details-06KUSHULT.html

They've changed the brand name from Kooshies to Kushies...

Ahh we have Kushies :) I personally don't like them, I havne't used them but from looking and feeling them. Their outer on their all in ones is very plastic like, rough, not the softer PUL. They seem very cheaply made. BUT if you are getting a good deal on them I'd probably grab them up and try them, they may work great for you. I've heard mixed reviews on them as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->