• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ask a Mum who uses CLOTH NAPPIES / DIAPERS [28/6 - 5/7]

Star-dust, those are quite common over here, lollipop is a reputable make over here (I e-mailed the nappy lady!) there supposed to be pretty good, I think they are pockets yes?
I have ordered one of these to try out!

Star-dust, those are quite common over here, lollipop is a reputable make over here (I e-mailed the nappy lady!) there supposed to be pretty good, I think they are pockets yes?

yea lollipop is a cornish company so I decided to stay local and get them from there! I love the fuzzi bunz they look like they are going to be really easy to use! and yep they are pockets! (only learnt that from this thread :happydance:)
Still ahvent worked out what the stripeys ones are though!

do you wash only nappies together or can you wash other clothing with them? and can I mix different types of nappies together or do they very have different washing instructions?

I've brought 12 bambio mio's with 3 covers atm to use to begin with, as these seemed to have better reviews for newborns. Will I be able to use the actual nappy with other makes of covers? Looking at the fuzzi bunz these suggest you can use a mixture of inserts, not just the one supplied with the nappy.

I'm tempted by the fuzzi bunz but don't really want to buy another one size nappy, as before the baby's here it's very hard to know what size they will be born at and how long newborn/small nappies would last them. What are your experiences with one size nappies?

I have 2 different types of diapers, and I wash them all together. I dont' wash anything but my diapers, wipes, wet bag, and every so often the changing table cover to gether because I wash on a super hot long cycle, and it would not be good for clothing to be washed that long and hot.

I found that when I used the one size when Brenn was little, it was just super bulky and I didn't care for it. You might look into a diaper service to start out with. They provide everything you need, and do the washing so you don't have to worry about it and a new baby.

do you wash only nappies together or can you wash other clothing with them? and can I mix different types of nappies together or do they very have different washing instructions?

I've brought 12 bambio mio's with 3 covers atm to use to begin with, as these seemed to have better reviews for newborns. Will I be able to use the actual nappy with other makes of covers? Looking at the fuzzi bunz these suggest you can use a mixture of inserts, not just the one supplied with the nappy.

I'm tempted by the fuzzi bunz but don't really want to buy another one size nappy, as before the baby's here it's very hard to know what size they will be born at and how long newborn/small nappies would last them. What are your experiences with one size nappies?

You shouldn't wash it with other stuff as you have to wash the diapers differently than you would clothes. But all diapers you should be able to wash together. Yeah you should be able to use other covers on top of those diapers, most covers are pretty generic, like you should be able to use them with pretty much any prefold or fitted diapers as long as it's not incredibly bulky or something like that. Same with inserts, the ones that come with the diapers tend to fit and work best but you can def buy some others to have as extras and they will work as well.

Fuzzi bunz have both sized and one size. I bought Hayden's size small of the new style (if you buy new now it will be the "new style") I bought them when he was about 5mo old...he STILL wears the small. They tend to run very big, but also fit small babies. They say they fit 7-18lbs...Hayden is 22lbs and still fits in them. It really all depends on the build. If I were you I might buy 3 of the XS Fuzzi Bunz but then the rest in size small, they should last you a long time and should fit from birth, if not very soon after. But they also have the one sized ones and I do like one size BUT on tiny newborns they can be quite bulky. I have a few of the one sized fuzzi bunz as well and they do work well, I have to have it on almost the very smallest setting in order to have them fit hayden and they do go quite small, and aren't too bulky. Another good one size would be BumGenius...personally if I was buying more one size it would be the BumGenius Organic AIO. They are more trim and I think they would work better for a newborn

yea lollipop is a cornish company so I decided to stay local and get them from there! I love the fuzzi bunz they look like they are going to be really easy to use! and yep they are pockets! (only learnt that from this thread :happydance:)
Still ahvent worked out what the stripeys ones are though!

Can you take a picture of the diaper opened up, so I can see the inside, I should be able to tell you what they are if you can do that :)

So ladies, tonight is my last night as the ask a mum :( I'm not sure if this thread closes at the end of the week or if it remains open just isn't stickied...but if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. I'll still answer in the thread if it remains open as well :)

awww noooooooooooooooo! we should have our own section on cloth diapering just like breast feeding and bottle feeding..afterall we are helping the environment and we should try and promote this eco friendly way for our childrens futures!

Look how many girls have switched over to cloth from this thread, a bloody fantastic thread if I do say so myself!!!:thumpup:

Maybe I'll PM wobbles and ask her!

Well this has been a rip roaring success for AAM!!! So pleased!! I'm going to leave it as a sticky until this evening as it's still lively. Once I speak to the next AAM to let her know her thread is being posted, this one will be un-stickied but will only drop into the main section so you can keep chatting!! :happydance:

Thank MO3 and all the girls who have contributed - this will make a great reference thread :) I could ask Wobbs to move it to the BnB Groups section maybe and change the title to Cloth Bum Mums????

I find threads get kind of lost in bnb groups and people forget about them.

The only thing I would add about washing different brands of nappies together is that while I would wash prefolds and terry squares on a very hot wash (95 degrees c) it's not recommended that you wash the likes of bum genius that hot, I do them at 60. I don't use prefolds or terrys any more though, just bum genius.

I think it would be good to keep this thread open :thumbup:

And there is always the eco-friendly products and services section for more questions, which sadly doesn't get much traffic...

I dont go in Groups fullstop but I'm not sure what else to suggest as obviously the boards have limits on the number of stickies allowed :shrug:

If anyone wants me to ask for it moving then just let me know, if not it will just drop in to the main board tonight and you can carry on with it there. :)

I think it gets forgotten about a lot but there is quite a lot of cloth nappy info in the eco-products section on the shopping bit of the board.

https://www.babyandbump.com/eco-friendly-products-services/

I pm'd wobbs about having our own section and she pointed me in the direction of the eco-friendly section. I think we should keep this open too as Im sure there are lots of ladies who will be coming over from the trimesters etc who may find it useful x

Thanks Mervs Mum and MO3co:hugs:

Yeah. I didnt even know that section was there until recently. I would love a green living section thats more prominent, for things like growing veg, recyling, eco products amoung other things but I think its been mentioned before and admin werent keen.

Yeah. The only prob with it there is people wont think to look in that section cos its under buy/sell/swap/reviews or whatever:dohh: We need to promote these landfill-friendly nappies to bnb and convert some mnore ladies over to cloth!!

But I suppose its better than nowhere:hugs:

Yeah. I didnt even know that section was there until recently. I would love a green living section thats more prominent, for things like growing veg, recyling, eco products amoung other things but I think its been mentioned before and admin werent keen.

Here here!

I think it's more likely to get lost in there than the groups but we can just leave it in here for now but I'll have to change the title so it doesnt get mixed up with the new AAM thread. I'll change it tonight when I do the next thread to something like 'Cloth Nappies / Diapers - Your Q's Answered' :)

I think the problem they might see with having a whole green living section is that it could be moving away from the BnB theme slightly. Yes you could say it's to do with your children but then where would it end iyswim? They have plenty on with the existing sections....and 2 small children too.....

yeah i see...I might think about joining a cloth bum forum aswell as, ive seen a few on my googling adventures!

Ok, girls..groups or eco friendly section??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->