Ask a teen who was on one born every minute!

I can't believe you're, you!! :rofl: You were amazing!

Did you find the cameras invasive?

not at all, i was a bit weary of them at first but once your in pain you dont even notice them anymore x

hiyaa :) i posted a thread on teen parenting last night about one born every minute and got told it was you who was on it! :thumbup: just wanted to say that you handled that brilliantly!! much better than the other girl :haha:
your LO is gorgeous too btw!! :flower:

thankyou very much xxx

I have a question :)

does your mum & boyfriend get on ok? just your mum seemed too snap a little at him when you came back from theatre, dunno if i missed something earlier in the program though

:flower:

I watched it and thought you coped so well with it all.. ur labour was so similar to mine so it was kinda weird watching someone else going through it.. ur little boy Callum is beautiful i bet ur very proud xx

I have a question :)

does your mum & boyfriend get on ok? just your mum seemed too snap a little at him when you came back from theatre, dunno if i missed something earlier in the program though

They did get on...until the labour! My OH behaved very very badly and ignorant during my labour which is why she was so angry with him. They are very good at editing things out lol x

I watched it and thought you coped so well with it all.. ur labour was so similar to mine so it was kinda weird watching someone else going through it.. ur little boy Callum is beautiful i bet ur very proud xx

Thankyou i am very proud x

Are you and your BF back to normal now? How did he feel about not being there at the birth? (BTW I thought you did great and Callum is gorgeous!)

Oh, and what are his other names?! Didn't say on the programme!

Hi everyone

As most of you know i was on one born every minute last night (the young girl, janet) and alot of people have asked me questions about what filming and stuff like that was like and instead of hunting back through all the threads (as it would take ages!) i thought i'd make a thread and if anyone had any questions about the making of it or even the actual labour (as they left alot out!) then they could ask me here..

so ask away!! lol

aww well done to you. I live in southampton too :)

Are you and your BF back to normal now? How did he feel about not being there at the birth? (BTW I thought you did great and Callum is gorgeous!)

Oh, and what are his other names?! Didn't say on the programme!

Yes me and Ralph are happier than ever now and pretty much got back to normal a few days after callum was born. It was a very emotional time so i forgave him for the way he acted because it was unlike him. He was a bit disappointed but he didn't want it to be just me and him in theatre because he doesnt cope well in those situations and finds it difficult to support me. He said if i had to go to theatre and only one person was allowed he wanted it to be my mum. He only wanted to go in if two people were allowed. All he wanted was for his son to be safe and healthy in the end so i don't think he's hung up on missing his sons birth, they've made up for a lot now...callum adores him! :cloud9: x

His middle names are David Edward (David is my dad's name and edward is ralph's middle name) x

I didn't know that was you who was on it :o

I thought you coped amazing with being in labour.. and when your OH started crying at the end
awww that was so lovely actually almost brought a tear to my eye :haha:

Well done i think you coped brilliantly :thumbup:
I also laughed when you said you had forgotten deodorant cos i did the EXACT same thing :haha:

Well done i think you coped brilliantly :thumbup:
I also laughed when you said you had forgotten deodorant cos i did the EXACT same thing :haha:

haha i tried really hard to whisper that so the cameras couldnt hear lmao was devastated when they included that :rofl:

oh yeah she was a lovely woman..very talkative though which i thought would be really annoying once i got in pain but no she really calmed me down...very nice lady x

Hello (feel like I'm talking to someone famous lol - bit starstruck!)

Was Barbara the first midwife you had? Did she get annoying when he kept asking your boyfriend questions about his course? Sorry if that comes across as rude!

Also, I watched the entire programme last night and thought your baby had been delivered by c-section in the end. I hadn't realised it was by forceps (my first child was forceps, 15 years ago - ouch).

I thought you coped really well. I liked your bf - he made me laugh with his dry sense of humour!

Congratulations!

Hiya

My first midwife was called Norma (she's a midwife that does the inducing). She gave me my first pessary. Barbara was my second midwife that took over from Norma though.

It did annoy me a bit because i was "hello...girl wanting to be examined here!" lol and i really really hat his interest in history so it was a little annoying and irrelevant lol.

I agree they didnt really make it clear how he had been delivered and they did make it seem very much like he was a c-section birth. Was a bit annoyed by that actually because i was determined not to have a c-section (fear lol) and they made it look like one haha

Thankyou but i really wasnt coping. It looked that way on the outside but on the inside i had never been more scared or in more pain in my life

xxx

You hid your fear well - I thought at the end when you were close to delivery you were really calm, especially when Callum's heartrate was dipping.

Your BF is obviously very intelligent and sometimes really intelligent people struggle with situations that aren't black and white and are out of their control (just my opinion anyway). The bit at the end when he was cradling him and crying was so tender. A beautiful moment.

We all behave badly to each other when we're in labour. It's natural. My husband described my first child's birth (a very long 49 hour labour) as "the most boring two days of his life" cos of all the waiting! How rude lol!!

Sorry, one more question lol.

How long did the induction take in the end? I saw on the programme you went in at 12 days overdue and your ticker says he was born at 18 days overdue? How did you cope for that length of time?! The way it was edited looks like you were in labour a maybe a day and a half.

Do you regret it and would you do it again? Sorry for the Spanish Inquisition!

I went in wednesday morning at 7:30am to be induced and he was born friday morning at 4:01am so nearly 2 days but active labour was about 20 hours maybe? not quite sure because i was in pain before i was actually in established labour lol

I thought i was 12 days overdue when i went in but my dates were 4 days out and i was actually 16 days overdue. (they tell from the age of the placenta). and he was born at 18 days over.

I don't regret it at all. I'm very glad i did it but i do regret some of the things during my labour. I wish me and my OH were more loving towards each other and i wish i was more forward about what i wanted during the labour instead of just waiting for midwives permission x

Crikey, that's a long time to be pregnant!

You will be more assertive with your next labour. The first time is so scary.

PS: I laughed so much when you wanted Ralph at your head end during the internal!!! When you said you didn't want him seeing your "piece" (I think it was) oh that was so funny!

Congrats on your TV debut last night :D had no idea someone from BnB was gonna be on one born thats awesome!
I could never have had cameras in the room, i would have hated it lol!
Callum was beautiful and you did cope amazingly! to go so far overdue must have been a nightmare! my son was 4 days over and i was clawing the walls to get him out LOL xx

First of all congrats on your beautiful baby boy... second of all I thought you did great! I am pregnant with my first and im 22 and soo scared but said to my mum on the phone today I hope im like you and not like the 'screamer'!

You did make me laugh too when you made Ralph sit up the top end when you had your internal... thats what I will be like although my OH thinks he is going to be down 'the other end' the whole time... I dont think so!!

I must admit I cried once I seen Ralph wiping his tears when he met Callum.. so glad everything turned out well for you x

Wow, that was you? I don't have any questions I just want to say you did fantastic and Callum is beautiful. All the best xx

I didnt watch it ... i was watching Glee :lol:

Why didnt you tell everyone earlier? Or did i miss that? :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"