Aspirin question

croydongirl

Reaction score
Last month I suffered a m/c at 5 weeks, and in feb I had one at 6 weeks. I am not wanting to give up hope but feeling very unsupported by my doctor who told me that it didn't mean anything and not to worry and it wasn't worth trying to test for anything because they were such early losses.

I have some natural progesterone cream which I used last time, that didn't seem to make any difference but made me feel like i was doing something, and isn't harmful.

A friend of mine who had other early m/c before she conceived said her doctor put her on a baby aspirin dose to prevent clotting. Again, this is something which I am told might be helpful and wouldn't be harmful.

Has anyone here been on aspirin in early pregnancy? What does were you told to take and how early did you start taking it?

Hi there, sorry about your miscarriages. I have just had 2 miscarriages in a row with no af in between, both at 5 weeks. Doctor seems to think it is just down to bad luck but i have taken it upon myself to try aspirin (low dose 75mg) and progesterone cream. It may not make any difference what so ever but like you I want to feel like im doing something. We shall see ??

Hi there, sorry about your miscarriages. I have just had 2 miscarriages in a row with no af in between, both at 5 weeks. Doctor seems to think it is just down to bad luck but i have taken it upon myself to try aspirin (low dose 75mg) and progesterone cream. It may not make any difference what so ever but like you I want to feel like im doing something. We shall see ??

Thanks -
I know, so many people have tried to offer some comfort by saying it is not uncommon at all to have early miscarriages and then conceive a healthy pregnancy without any intervention but I agree that I just want to do SOMETHING. I think I am going to start a low dose aspirin and see what happens.
It just feels silly to keep trying without changing anything.

Prayers for both of us to get the little ones we want!

I'm so sorry you've been through this twice. It is so frustrating when your doctor's won't start doing tests. I'm 35, so after my second loss, they did every test under the sun. I had a blood clot in my first pregnancy and I was convinced I had a clotting disorder. Turns out I don't. I decided to use progesterone cream for my second pregnancy. It didn't help. I added baby aspirin and progesterone cream for my third pregnancy and that didn't help either unfortunately. My doctor's aren't sure why this keeps happening. Baby aspirin isn't a miracle drug and can cause problems if you have thin blood already. Is is possible to change doctors? You might want someone who is willing to do a little more given your history. You need tests first and foremost. I hope you find some answers. xoxo

heart tree I am so sorry for your losses. Praying you get your little one soon. Thanks for the advice.

Thank you honey. I hope you get yours soon too. No one deserves to go through this. xoxo

i'm on baby aspirin since they've done the embryo transfer (along with progesteron caps i have to insert vaginally).
i have to take 75mg once a day, and caps of 200mg 3 times a day

also get pregnyl shots and diazepam to relax my uterus (that has to do with the whole IVF procedure, normal humans don't need that lol)

I am prescribed low dose aspirin of 75mg per day after pregnancy loss. I dont really understand what it does to be honest.
Hugs and hope things work out for you
xx

Hey hun my consultant also reccomended aspirin i have used it in my last 3 mc two of these have been chemicals so I am nit sure they worked in my case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->