Asthma

Chris77

Mommy to PJ and Gavin
Reaction score
Anyone have it?

I was recently diagnosed with it and am on Advair 2x a day and Albuterol when needed.

Do you find that the fall/winter is horrible for you? I had an attack last night when our heating kicked on. :dohh:

My OH has had it since he was a baby, He is now 27. It's worse in adults then it is in children. He has to have his in inhalers twice a day without fail, tablets, and steroid tablets when he gets really bad. He usually ends up getting hospitialised 1-2 a year because of how severe his chest infections get. he also has a nebu chamber whick he has to use sometimes. It's always worse in change in temp, wheather it being winter or summer. Unfortunally our LO has an inhaler and we were worried that he'd prob end up with one because of it.

Hi Chris, I've had asthma since I was a teenager - I find it's the change change in temperature that sets it off during the winter - sounds like that's what happened with you and the heating last night. Keep up with your medication and let your dr know if what you're taking isn't controlling it. Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

I have asthma and I find that this happens to me too, although so far this winter (fingers crossed!) my asthma hasn't been too bad. It seems to be 10x worse in Summer for me. I take Salbutamol & Qvar for it x

When you get an attack, does it feel like a tickle in your chest and that no matter how much you cough it won't go away?

I find that breathing becomes difficult and more rapid, accompanied with a tight feeling across my chest, as though I've got a weight on it.

When you get an attack, does it feel like a tickle in your chest and that no matter how much you cough it won't go away?

I have had asthma since i was born i had it worse in childhood, when i was 18 i went to asthma clinic and was told i didn't have it anymore.

3weeks i had what felt like a minor attack, i went to see a doctor and told me no one should have ever said that my asthma has gone and i am now back on a inhaler:dohh:

Chris what you described above is exaclty what happened 3 weeks ago and i was really struggling to catch my breath and added tightness:wacko:

Take care of yourself i know how asthma can cost lives:hugs:

I'm suffering today - caught a cold, which has turned into a cough and now I'm wheezing like an old man! If it doesn't improve in the next couple of days I'll have to go to the doctor's and get antibiotics and oral steroids :(

I'm suffering today - caught a cold, which has turned into a cough and now I'm wheezing like an old man! If it doesn't improve in the next couple of days I'll have to go to the doctor's and get antibiotics and oral steroids :(

Take care of yourself hun. Feel better. :hugs:

Thanks petal, been to see the nurse practitioner this morning & got the drugs! Hopefully they'll clear it up!
How are you feeling?

Chest has been hurting yesterday and today, but generally ok.

My oh had asthma since he was a baby, and he has salbutamol(same as albutamol) as well as a powder (cortison)
Do you know what you are responding to? Mostly my oh needs some puffs when the weather is changing.I guess it takes a while till you know when to take the spray early enough.

Weather definitely seems to affect it.

I'm on Advair 2x a day and the albuterol inhaler as needed throughout the day.

I just recently came off a course of oral steroids.

Ive also had asthma since i was a baby, its always alot worse in winter although its bad the rest of the year.

Im on salbutamol whenever i need it through the day, seretide 250 3 puffs twice a day and at the minute im on a course of oral steriods, 6 tablets once a day x

Been back to the doctor's as I was getting worse not better - he's upped my steroids & changed my antibiotics - my peak flow was 200 yesterday & went down to about 75 this morning. I was determined not to go to hospital - last time I was in I was in a ward with several very old ladies who spent their night's snoring & lurching through the curtains shouting 'I need a wee' and their days asking me to fetch them more porridge or flashing their old lady bits in too short nightdresses! By day 3 I was so determined to go home that I got washed, dressed & packed my bags & blew my brains out to get a reasonable peak flow! Think I've taken a bit too much Salbutamol though as I've got the shakes!
Hope the rest of you are feeling ok!

Been coughing alot. It was bad when I walked from the mall to our car in the cold. Even with the Advair 2x a day, I seem to be using the albuterol inhaler at last 2x a day.

Think I've just been a bit silly! DH was pouting because I laughed at him dancing so I jumped out & strutted my funky (& v silly) stuff to Dancing Queen to show him it was ok to giggle at someone dancing. Now I've had to take several puffs of inhaler & sit down!

I was told I had asthma when I was 12.

I do find wnter really hard, I am just coming out of a cold and got two brown inhalers and two more of the blue ones. I have a horrible cough and it makes my chest so weak, especially pushing the pram out in this weather!

Tbh, I don;t take my inhalers as much as I should, but I've rarely had a problem with it, only in really hot or really cold temperatures.

I'm on Quvar & Albuterol. I usually find spring to be the worst for me, as I also have allergies and this is like a roller coaster of effects. I find the change in temperature is the worst! I've had asthma since I was 11 (Now 27) but I found that when I was physically active and exercising, my asthma was non-existent. When I put on weight is when it started coming back around.

I was dianosed about 4 years ago, I hate it! I'm on Seretide ad have been really having trouble breathing the past few days because of the cold :( Going to the docs tomro to get a week of steriods, hope it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->