At 12 months???

tess74

Reaction score
My boy is not eating a lot and i cut out some of his feeds over the weekend and i mentioned this to my mum and she hit the roof.My LO is not eating real great and she thinks he should still be on formula like 5 bottles a day and I am like no way I feed him breakfast lunch and dinner but sometimes he doesn't eat much.I give him snacks like fruit where maybe a bottle would of been fed before like 10 am in morning or 2 pm in the afternoon.
What is the rule after 12 months??? I've heard its food first formula second but how many times formula now?? over the weekend we trialled giving him one in the morning after cereal/breakfast and at night after dinner and a bath as usual.he wasn't screaming for his bottle throughout the day or anything.
hes not on cows milk i haven't introduced it although he's had in a cereal. cereal he doesn't like that much.

i'm so confused on what to do wouldn't it be time for him to move on from 5 bottles of formula a day he's not a newborn and it doesn't make sense.My mum says I am taking it away too early.Hes nearly walking and it seems crazy to be feeding him all this formula still,of course i worry when he doesn't eat much and the bottle re-assures me that he's getting nutrients, but he's now 12 months and shouldn't need as much formula.

ANY HELP OR ADVICE NEEDED

Once they reach 12 months they dont technically need any formula at all. You could make the switch to cows milk if you wanted? It depends how much he's eating i suppose. By age one food should be their main source of nutrition but if he's not a good eater and you feel he isnt getting everything he needs from food then its fine to carry on with formula. By age 1 ds only had one bottle a day at night of cows milk, but he ate loads. Unless your lo is really not eating much at all i dont think they need more than 1-2 bottles a day at 1 if they are happy to go without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->