At a loss with my 4 year old dds attitude

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
It's so bad at the minute it's giving me headaches! She always has an opinion about everything back chats and screams the place down when she can't get her own way and laughs hysterically when I give her wrong or put her on the naughty step or in her room. Thing is this attitude is only focused on me she is so lovely at school always getting positive feedback from teachers about how helpful and kind she is. I did wonder if it was an attention thing maybe I wasn't giving her enough attention so I started getting James looked after one day every weekend so me and Ciara could have some one to one time going to the cinema etc. But her attitude is getting worse I'm at my wits end and a loss at what to do. Me and her dad split up 5 months ago and he moved 350 miles away for a job and she's only seen her dad twice in that time but talks to him daily on the phone I have no idea if this is part of it as she really is a daddy's girl!

No advice I'm afraid but I'm in the same boat with my daughter

Has she just started school, that often leads to an attitude (google attitude after school) and coupled with her Dad going and not seeing him is bound to have an effect. Its partly overtiredness and having to behave at school (which is very structured). Give her some time to decompress when she gets home. Does she have a rest and snack when she gets back I find that helps as well

were having the same problem with our DD. :hugs:

My DD is the same. Perfect at school and then lets it all out at home.

We have one tantrummy twin here too. What works best for him is reconnection time after he had a snack and a drink after coming home. This may just be sitting with him while he watches tv or reading a book with him on my lap. It is not perfect and he still can go into one but it seems to help a bit. Hard at times though!

Us too!!
Will def google attitude after school, it wasn't so bad at preschool but now she's at nursery it can be awful. Everything is 'no...'

My 4 year old can have a real attitude too, I thinks it's age related. Honestly, they just become harder work as they get older. :lol:

Yeah seems that way. We had no terrible twos or threenage year and the fours came in mildly but oh my! School changed my sunny boy! Luckily not both, imagine having a double pack! :wacko:

I try to remember that it's basically their job to challenge everything we do. But boy, sometimes I find it so hard. My kid definitely deserves a promotion, he's doing a wonderful wonderful job of doing the opposite of everything I say ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->