At an Indonesian restaurant tonight with morning sickness

girlinyork

Reaction score
I've never had Indonesian cuisine. What might they serve which is bland? I don't want to give away that I am pregnant quite yet by throwing up into my dinner :haha:

Sorry to say this but nothing is bland for Indonesian food. Some of them are a bit spicy and sweet. You can try the fried rice and it's a bit on the sweet and salty side. Not sure if that's bland enough for you. If you have the website for the restaurant, I can probably suggest something better. Let me know what you consider "bland" and what you type of food you are liking currently. :).

This is the restaurant. There's a menu pdf on the site.

https://www.krakatoayork.com/

All I can really stomach right now is salty, vinegary carbs lol x

Good luck! I went to my slimming world meeting last evening and spent the whole time trying not to be sick on my feet, my friend I go with guessed. Ms is such a give away!

My friends think I have a red wine hangover from last night :haha:

I looked at the menu. I'd say really go for the fried rice to be safe. At least you could eat the rice. I was hoping the have the fried fish w/ vinegar sauce but they don't. The fried tofu appetizer will be a bit safe to eat as it doesn't have much spices on it. But watch out for the rest!

Just say that you have mild food poisoning....symptoms are stomachache, mild nausea, and mild fever :). They won't look at you weird if you turn green during dinner :). Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

I looked at the menu. I'd say really go for the fried rice to be safe. At least you could eat the rice. I was hoping the have the fried fish w/ vinegar sauce but they don't. The fried tofu appetizer will be a bit safe to eat as it doesn't have much spices on it. But watch out for the rest!

Just say that you have mild food poisoning....symptoms are stomachache, mild nausea, and mild fever :). They won't look at you weird if you turn green during dinner :). Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

Got this message about two hours after I left the restaurant:haha: Thanks so much for the advice. I ended up eating a vegetable stir fry in oyster sauce. Dipped some prawn crackers into it and took it slowly. Don't think anybody twigged thankfully 😊 thanks for your advice xx

Yayy. Was wondering if I wrote it too late. Most importantly, you enjoyed it & got to keep a secret :)..... ssshhhhh ;)

I could still taste the meal the next morning. Instant retching :haha:

Oh boy....sorry to hear that. I'm sure it'll change in a few weeks. My stomach is processing food so much faster now compare to a week ago. hang in there! I heard eating avocados can help with MS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->