At my wits end!!!

A

AppleBlossom

I can't think of anything I can do to get Grace to sleep! For ages now she has slept from 8-8.30 till about 11.30-12 then till 2ish then she is up every hour after that. Last night she slept till 12.45 then between 1 and 5 I got up 4 times and it's even worse for me now she''s in her own room because I have to trek all the way there. I thought putting her in her own room would help her sleep better but it hasn't. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm just so tired. This morning when she woke up at 5 she was wide awake, talking and giggling. So I changed her nappy, fed her a little bit and winded her, went back to bed and turned off the moniter :blush: I knew then that she had no reason to cry except she wants me to pick her up and if I couldn't hear her then I won't. I managed to sleep from about 6.30 till 9. I've stopped feeding her at night everytime she wakes up, she used to get through almost 3 bottles now she only gets one for the first time she wakes (and the couple of ozs she had at 5) Her room isn't too hot and she has her dummy. Even just waking up twice would be enough for now, I know sleeping through would be asking for a miracle. I just don't know what else I can do :(

aww huni my summer weslike that coz shes a greedy bugger lol but i tke her to bed at 9 and then she wakes up for a feed between 1 and 3 and then after that she wil sturr bt i quickly give her a dummy and then she tends to wake me up so early and ave a winge and then wakes my eldest up lol so i cn never win but i let her winge for a bit n she gives up xx

We completely cut Hannah's bottles off at night :blush: But she was waking up to comfort feed and only taking an ounce or two at a time. Since doing that she has started eating a lot more during the day which is great!

remember - its just a phase. it will pass...

hows about sleeping in her room so u can get to her more easily? i have the same trouble - since baby went to his own room its much further for me to trek to see him and by the time i get there he's wide awake wheras when we slept in the same room i got to him quicker and it was much easier to get him back to sleep as he was still dozy.

can u put a mattress in her room?
hows about co-sleeping or sleeping in her room, from about 4 so you can at least get some sleep or less walking at least? as a temporary measure?

what is the light like in her room at night? Does she have some sort of comfort item that she can grab when she wakes up?

She has blankets, a dummy and teddies in her cot with her. It's quite light because there is a lampost not far away but even when she was in our room which is pitch black at night she was still waking up a lot. I haven't got a mattress to take into her room with me either :(

I think you going to have to spend a few hard nights of cutting out some of those feeds and letting her cry it out if you want to get over this. . Gettting up every hour is a bit much, you need to make night and day obvious for her... Day you eat, night you sleep.

I don't feed her at night anymore, only the once whereas I used to feed her everytime she woke up. I just give her her dummy now when she wakes up any other time

I am having the same problem hun so I totally understand you , max is a bad sleeper or was anyway lol For the past 2 days Ive been giving him a yogurt before bed and his 6oz bottle and by god he slept from 10pm till 6am which is perfect for me ..he did wake up at 4am I put his dummy back and tapped is bum about 4 times and he was off ..

I also suggest buying the ocean wonders aquarium it soothes them so much hearing the waves (and me too) BTW I always turn off my monitor at 5am I dont need to hear him giggling I have the angel care one so I leave his on for security reasons ..so dont feel bad.

I am having the same problem hun so I totally understand you , max is a bad sleeper or was anyway lol For the past 2 days Ive been giving him a yogurt before bed and his 6oz bottle and by god he slept from 10pm till 6am which is perfect for me ..he did wake up at 4am I put his dummy back and tapped is bum about 4 times and he was off ..

I also suggest buying the ocean wonders aquarium it soothes them so much hearing the waves (and me too) BTW I always turn off my monitor at 5am I dont need to hear him giggling I have the angel care one so I leave his on for security reasons ..so dont feel bad.

I'm going to turn mine off at 5 too. It's such a pain. She is on meals as well as milk now so she can't seriously be hungry?!

That depends what she has for supper hun ? I noticed that around 4 am max's tummy rumbles ..they are growing babies and always want to eat ..but ever since giving him a yogurt at night he sleeps nice

how much dose she eat ?

From today she is having porridge at 10am, fruit jar at 1, dinner jar at 5.30, and about 2.5 bottles

Only 2.5 bottles ? or id you mean 2 to 5 bottles a day ?

she should be having at least 20 oz of milk per day including meals

she has 2 7oz bottles and 4oz with her breakfast in the day. At night around half 7 she has another half so about 4 oz which is 22oz altogether

ah ok thats good lol sorry brain isnt working too well today :)

If shes drinking all her milk and having food mabey she needs an upper on the amount of food shes taking ? or you can try the yogurt thing like I did but then again as long as she can handle the yogurt :)

Maybe she needs an evening snack of something around 8 or 9? Closer to bed time. Milk really isnt filling once they begin eating solids.

Do you only go in to her if she is crying? Or do you go in if you think she is awake.

I dont go in to Jasmine unless she is crying, I know she is awake sometimes cause I can hear her, but unless she starts crying I leave her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->