At what age approx' do they understand the meaning of what they say?

tu123

Reaction score
LO "talks" in a style. She always says thank you now but in her way "ham who".

Is this parrot talk-just repeating what she hears alot or does she know that she says thank you when you give her something?

I would guess she understands what it means if she says it in context. When we did baby signing the teacher tokd us that babies whose first language is signing begin to communicate at about 9 months, but spoken language takes longer not because they don't understand but because speech is harder to madter.

I would guess she understands what it means if she says it in context. When we did baby signing the teacher tokd us that babies whose first language is signing begin to communicate at about 9 months, but spoken language takes longer not because they don't understand but because speech is harder to madter.

Thanks hunny.

She only says it when i give her something after she has pointed at it so i guess you are right.

They are so amazing arent they!

I should have done baby signing!

She sounds like she is doing really well! I remember when Abigail got her first few words and I was neber sure if she was actually really saying them or it was just coincidence! Then at 16 months she started to say loads, and by 18 months I had lost count of her words, it happened so quickly, it was amazing and it made me realise that she understood EVERYTHING! Now we really have to watch what we say. Yesterday we were having tea at my friend's and when she dropped the doll she was playing with, she came out with 'Oh Bollocks' :dohh: Parenting fail.

I think all babies are different, LO has said words with meaning since 10 months, yet my neice is nearly 2 and has only started saying words with meaning in the last 2-3 months. As long as she is saying it in the right context then I would assume that she knew what it meant. :flower:

She is definitely understanding and is very clever. :thumbup: My LO is a little older than yours and isn't saying words yet but she understands sharing and when she has done something good - she applauds herself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->