at what age should they have 3 meals?

cat lover

Mummy to 2 girls
Reaction score
LO has porridge in the morning and pureed fruit or veg in the evening, but when should she have 3 meals? Some of my books say 6 months and otherss say 9 months! And while she is still on 2, bearing in mind they need iron rich food at 6 months, does this mean I should swap her evening puree for something meaty?!:shrug:

Daniel is 9 months and now on 3 meals a day plus 3 bottles. 6 months I'd say is too early for 3 meals but guess every baby is different.

In the Cow & Gate weaning guide I got it says that it should take approx 5 weeks from starting weaning to get onto 3 meals a day. But from what I have read on b&b in the past the main thing to be concerned with is that they are still having a good intake of milk & are happy exploring new tastes by 6 months. I think you're right to want to swap one of her meals for a more meaty meal (makes it sound like dog food lol!), that way you are giving her the iron which like you say she needs now. This weaning lark is so bloomin confusing tho! :headspin:

Lots of green veg will give LO the iron he needs, it's nice to finally war someone say that LO actually needs food for their iron levels instead of food is fun all the time, in regards to 3 meals a day you should follow your baby's lead when he is on established 3 meals a day that's when you can start exploring with meat ect I wouldn't worry just make sure LO is getting enough milk, topped up with green veg which will give the iron and fruit I would say by 9 months they should have a set eating plan x

Thankyou ladies! I think I will keep to 2 meals make make sure one of them is iron rich :flower:

Dried apricots are also a good source of iron - and my little one loves apple and apricot or pear and apricot purees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->