At what age will you stop trying?

I don't think I even want to consider giving up just yet, we only really started after the MMC in Nov after 15 months of NTNP. I'm 41 in December and we're TTC our first so stopping trying just isn't going to be on the horizon for quite a while yet.

In my wildest dreams I manage to fit 2 in before I turn 45 lol, if only it were that easy.

We will have success here, WE WILL :dust:

Hi there, i was 44 2 weeks ago and have been trying for 3 years...although not very hard as dh works nights so alot of the time we have missed our good days!!! i am about to start acupuncture at a fertility clinic in London...and i also have another 2 months of clomid left after taking a break...so fingers crossed !!! but i will stop trying in 6 months and then aim to look for another job..am staying where i am at the mo as we have excellent maternity benefits.
Oh sorry ps...neither me or dh have any previous children x

I'm very fortunate in that I have my beautiful boy (conceived at 38 first cycle). We're going to try for another next year but part of me wants to start now as I know it will probably take longer and I want to have the best possible chances of having one closer to 40. How long would we carry on for? I honestly don't know, we were very lucky with Nic, I'm not sure how I'd handle a longer ttc journey and I have total admiration for those that do stick with it.

Much :dust: to us all!

We decided last night that we are not going to stop til it happens it hink its the best way no pressure then :rofl:

Hi there, i was 44 2 weeks ago and have been trying for 3 years...although not very hard as dh works nights so alot of the time we have missed our good days!!! i am about to start acupuncture at a fertility clinic in London...and i also have another 2 months of clomid left after taking a break...so fingers crossed !!! but i will stop trying in 6 months and then aim to look for another job..am staying where i am at the mo as we have excellent maternity benefits.
Oh sorry ps...neither me or dh have any previous children x

I wish you all the best Hun i am 44 in december , so nice to have someone my age still trying too (alas we live in london and no-one would help us at all and we have tried a f.s. and a doc who i have just changed but still no help ). so we are out on our own to prove (eventually hopefully ) them all wrong .xx

I know I keep saying this but honestly ladies, you are all such an inspiration. Mumoffive I completely hear you - I've also found it so difficult to pick myself up again this month. AF now in full flow :( I'm 41 in a couple of months and so just keep thinking that I'm running out of time. Its so great to come on here and listen to all of your stories - you give me so much hope. Maybe being 40 isn't as bad as I thought and I do have some time left xx

I have only started TTC at 37, no children yet. I did want 3, but as getting no1 is proving alot more difficult than I expected, I would be very happy and blesssed with one or two. I feel fitter and healthier than I did in my 20's. I feel that even at 37, I still have a good few years left in me. :hugs:

I will be 42 in dec been ttc for 5 years with bfp in jan but m/c at 8 weeks. I don't want to ever accept I will never be a mum. we decided to go for ivf starting monday but can only afford one go so praying hard. my oh is ten years younger so as long as i can manage to have a child he can do the night feeds etc lol. trying to stay positive, very hard sometimes but hope and pray we all get there xx

I will be 42 in dec been ttc for 5 years with bfp in jan but m/c at 8 weeks. I don't want to ever accept I will never be a mum. we decided to go for ivf starting monday but can only afford one go so praying hard. my oh is ten years younger so as long as i can manage to have a child he can do the night feeds etc lol. trying to stay positive, very hard sometimes but hope and pray we all get there xx

lol I'm the same hun, he's 14 years younger so needs far less beauty sleep than I do. x

Im 40 & had Korben back in March, now want to try one last time so just going to leave it to fate if its ment to be it will happen :hugs:

I love ya'll ladies as it seems we lurk the same threads and have alot of the same issues. I am 44 and was NTNP when I got the hincky cycle in may/june. I keep telling myself I am not going to do this again (I was actively TTc in my late 20's for 5 yrs) I hate the way it made me feel every month. DH is 5 yrs younger, we have had 2 bfp ending in 2 mc. at 40 and 42. My grandmother had my uncle at 42. I keep hoping in the back of my mind and heart for a sticky bean, I dare not tell anyone but ya'll. I know, I know I am blessed with 3 great adult children. I would love so much to share a child with DH we love each other so much I couldn't imagine a greater blessing. Well enough of my pity party, but know my thoughts, prayers, and blessings go with you each daily

I started TTC at 45 when I got married for the first time. However stopped at 47 when nothing was happening, bloods showed I was in perimenopause stage and to be honest the stress of taking ownership of TTC and all the planning, responsibilities that go along with that took over my life. I was obsessed with it.

One year later, I have learned to cope with the fact that I will not be a mother (most of the time), but have a little wimper to myself as it's something out of my control, but nevertheless upsetting.

My SIL has just found out she is pregnant with No. 2 at age 41, so this should encourage those of you around this age.

For those in their late 30's ...... take it from me, you are still young enough to keep trying for a while yet and I sincerely wish you all the luck in the World.

Best wishes to you all :dust:

I have to be honest, that at 40 with 2 mc's under my belt (pants!) i have never contemplated stopping. EVER. Of course this might change the older i get but i have no intention of stopping until i actually have a baby or im really, really too old to feasible have one.

My current plan is to keep trying, hopefully get pg and have baby and then try right away for another. Hope springs eternal, lol! :)

Awww poppy ur baby is absoloutely gorgeous..what loverly eyes xxx

Aww thanks Serendippy think Korben knows it too cos he already tries the look when he wants something lol x

Lol yeh he does seem to have that cheeky boyish look about him..hes gonna be a handsome devil when hes older me thinks lol

So how you feeling and hows the TTC going? sorry ive been stuck over in other thread everyone testing today for their AF's and a few got their BFP's already, im still waiting for the dreaded af x

giving up is not an option here ladies ! lol im 42 just had my 5th and wanting another so i would say keep going !!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->