At what point did you ask people whether they'd like to be part of your bridal party?

xemmax

mummy in love
Reaction score
We're pretty sure on our bridal party now but are yet to ask many of them! I have asked two of my dearest friends whether they'd like to be my MOH and bridesmaid but I only asked them this as they live in London and it was a rare occasion that we were all together. I am yet to ask my third bridesmaid even though I see her all the time. Yesterday I asked our friend whether we could have her daughter as our flower girl to which she said yes, but we still have two page boys we're yet to ask. Nick has asked his best man but he's having four ushers who he hasn't asked.

I feel like I'm waiting for the right time to ask them all and it never comes!

Just wondering when other people asked?

We asked people right at the beginning when we stated planning and I regret it so much!

I asked my cousin to be MOH and OHs sister to be bridesmaid which I'm still happy about but I also asked OHs two teenage cousins and that's caused me nothing but stress because of their interfering mother and because one of them couldn't care less!

I also asked OHs two nieces to be flower girls which I wish I didn't but I've got round that by saying they are too young to walk down the aisle/have flowers so they just have a pretty dress!

If your deffo sure then I'd go for it, just make sure you are very happy with who you have picked :)

I asked mine pretty much right after I got engaged...4 years ago :haha: but you have to be sure that nothing is going to change. I had a third 'potential' bridesmaid and I'm so glad I didn't ask her now because she's so unreliable and we've drifted apart.
OH only asked his last year though.

We asked ours right when we started planning. They were all our tight circle of friends and siblings so I don't think it was a surprise for anyone.

I asked my bridesmaids straight away. Two are my closest friends, two are my sister's and one is OH's little sister, our daughter will be our flower girl, my son is best man, and his brothers ushers so mostly it was just presumed anyway haha x

OH asked his best mate to be best man pretty much straight away. I asked my sister to be bridesmaid straight away and my friend a few weeks laster. We are waiting another few months before asking OH's sister to be flower girl, a year is a long time to wait for a 7 year old so were going to leave it till August to ask.

OH asked his best man straight away, everyone knew it would be him anyway as its his best friend. I sat and thought about who I really wanted for a bridesmaid for quite a few weeks before I decided anything. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->