Ate Soft Serve and now freaking out! Help!

otisandrue

Reaction score
I had a few licks of soft serve from an ice cream truck and realized I shouldn't have it. So I threw out the cone and forced myself to throw up what I ate.

I'm only five weeks and don't have my first OB visit until next week. I'm freaking out about listeria. I just need some people to help calm my nerves!

Help!

Calm down lol
Ive eaten them with all my pregnancies along with a lot of the so called no no foods. Ive never had food poisoning from soft serve, nor from deli meat etc
I have actually had a lot of Mcdonalds strawberry shakes this pregnancy because it seems to settle my tummy a bit as well as fill me up for a while because i can't eat a lot.

I never heard of that! I had soft ice cream last week. :shrug: ice cream also helps settle my stomach.

Thank you for listening and responding. I figure we'll be okay, but i had a momentary freak out moment.

Girl, I have lived off ice cream that is soft serve this summer and subway! Everything is a ok this way! A lot of places have to breakdown and clean there machines for food safty now a days.

Lol I agree. My mom lived off of strawberry milkshakes form McDonalds when she was pregnant with my twin brothers, who are perfect little people in all ways. I imagine this has to do with only easting pasteurized milk products, and even if it was unpasteurized I doubt you'll get sick from it. I had a similar freak out when I found out I had been eating caesar salads all my ttc, and the dressing is made from raw egg yolk. You're totally fine.

yikes - never heard of that. As the other ladies said, I cant imagine soft serve is unpasteurized. You'll be fine :hugs:

I eat raw anything, even raw pork on a roll as it is a National Dish. In Japan Sashimi is considered healthy pregnancy food.

There is lots of new evidence suggesting that raw food does not pose a greater risk than cooked food. That is why the ban on sushi was officially lifted. Also the bans were mostly based on assumption than solid research. New research suggests that fruits and vegetables pose a risk because their skin absorbs a great deal.
Some pregnant women now resort to washing their fruit and veggies with dish soap.

I ate raw foods all throughout pregnancy with my son. The freshness and buying from a reputable source is more important than anything. But you are 99% likely to be fine eating low quality soft serve.

awesome - I love sushi!!! The used to ban peanuts in pregnancy in the Uk too - never listened to that one. That ban is now lifted. Sometimes, I feel like they don't have a clue - but I did hear that unwashed lettuce and salad is probably one of the worst things so I always wash my salad...

Soft serve actually helps my nausea, I eat it all the time. It's not a problem

Throwing it up is going to do you more damage than eating a couple licks did. I asked my doctor about this early on in my pregnancy and she said if you can trust the source (like a restaurant or an ice cream truck) then you'll most likely be fine.

omg it's not that serious. There's too much info out there that does more harm than good. I think you'll do more harm stressing yourself out over little things than the thing itself. You'll be fine.

awesome - I love sushi!!! The used to ban peanuts in pregnancy in the Uk too - never listened to that one. That ban is now lifted. Sometimes, I feel like they don't have a clue - but I did hear that unwashed lettuce and salad is probably one of the worst things so I always wash my salad...

Lol, I did not even know about the peanut ban. My grandmother jokes about this because she says women back in the day ate all the banned foods and had healthier pregnancies than women in our modern, overly sterile society.

The ban was lifted from soft ice cream here in UK because the milk and eggs is pasteurised!! So your be fine!!

So true. I eat whatever I want, and did the same with my son. As long as you aren't eating food off a hobo's dirty foot, it's ok.:winkwink:

So true. I eat whatever I want, and did the same with my son. As long as you aren't eating food off a hobo's dirty foot, it's ok.:winkwink:

ROFL!!!!! :haha:

In all seriousness.. You'll be fine. Soft serve isthe least of our worries, and I've eaten my fair share of it during both pregnancies. DS is healthy as a little horse and this baby seems to be following his path quite happily. Granted, I'm not eating sushi this pregnancy, or soft cheeses or deli meats, simply because I don't trust handling practices and I can be a nervous nelly.

You're good. No more making yourself barf.

I've been eating soft cheeses, pate and runny yolks on eggs through this pregnancy and my last one. When you look at the statistics, the chances of listeria are very low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->