Athletes foot :(

cdj1

Mummy to 2 princes
Reaction score
After always being really careful to dry my feet and powder them after washing, I couldnt believe it when I realised I have athlete's foot and now after looking up my symptoms, it seems I have it on my hands too (tinea manuum), its quite itchy but the trouble is I am breastfeeding so am not sure what I can actually take but more importantly, I am hoping it cant be passed to my 6 month old, does anyone know?

Thanks

I used to get this when I was on my local swim team. You can get a treatment from the doctor for it ...I know that much! But whether it is ok to take it while breastfeeding I do not know... but i would definitely look into it and ask your doctor.

Hi Cdj1! I suffered from athlete's foot before and I settled for herbal cure. Try drinking 3 cups of Pau d' arco tea daily or you can also use it as a topical treatment. You can also cut raw garlic into tiny pieces wrap them in gauze and wear it inside your shoes for a few days. I know this may sound awful, but the garlic will be absorbed by your skin, which in turn will kill the fungus causing the athlete's foot. Also, because you have athlete's foot, you are prone to nail fungus, so it would be preferable if you take precautionary measure to avoid the nail fungus from occurring by using FUNGUSIL which is a liquid treatment. I hope these things will help you.

Give Aloe Vera a try!
You can mix the gel (from the cut stem of the plant- you can also buy it bottled) with tea tree oil to make an ointment or spray. Aloe is a great natural healer and soothes irritated skin. It's antibacterial and anti-inflammatory and a great alternative to some of the harsh treatments out there. I found instructions for a home remedy here:
Athlete’s Foot Fix: Get Rid of That Awful Itching and Burning with Aloe - We Love Aloe!
Hope it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->