Aubrey for a Boys name

Tinky_82

Mummy to a DS
Reaction score
Hi ladies - I'm after some advice - when you hear Aubrey do you think boy or girl?

I really want to call my little man Aubrey but the name is getting used a lot for girls too and I don't want him to be bullied.

Would appreciate your thoughts especially UK based ladies.

Thanks

I only know one aubrey and that's my friend's daughter. Apparently Logan is also a unisex name and I have seen some girls named Logan now. I still plan on naming my first boy Logan.

The only Aubrey I've ever known was a boy. I love the name :)

I automatically assume girl, but I dont think its a bad boys name either =D

Ive never known of any Aubreys (male or female)

I think girl only because I knew a girl that was named aubrey :) i think its great for a boys name too though!

i initially think girl, but a lot of names that used to be specifically for one sex are now becoming unisex so i say its up to you as a mother :) x

Girl came to my mind when I heard the name... but nowadays tons of people use names for both boy and girl :)

I only think of Aubrey as a boys name, and even though I know it's unisex, I wouldn't consider using it for a girl. I think enough people know that it's unisex for it not to be a problem. I think more unique/less common names are beautiful :)

I've only heard Aubrey being used as a girls name on the US show Teen Mom

I wouldn't name my son that as I'd think he'd get teased. I like uni names, though. Sorry!!

Also it only means "elf power" so there's nothing girl-y/boy-y about that! :p

To me Aubrey is a boys name (never hear it used for a girl before :shrug:). Makes me think of Audrey as a girls's name?

I think it must be different in the US. I think of Aubrey as only a girl's name.

There is a female singer/songwriter/actress etc called Aubrey O'Day. I think it sounds v girly.

Personally, I don't know any Aubrey's. However, from BnB and other forums I would say that it is a girls name.

My hubby and I love the name Aubrey for a boy but probably wouldn't use it even if we did call our child that.

For me it's 'Lucky Jack' from the master and commander books, so an Aubrey would probably end up being called Jack.

However, we have our names. Aubrey was discussed but there are others we like more.

For me def a boys name. Only Aubrey I ever knew was a boy

definetly a girls name to me sorry - but saying that lots of names are used for both genders my friend once went out with a guy called Courtney :/

I think its a bit too girly, but again, just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"