Aubrey for a Boys name

I think girl but it sounds nice for a boy name as well!

I think the consensus is Americans think it's a girl name and everyone else says boy!

I really like this name for both genders .... Was thinking girl at first but know I e found out I'm hAveing a boy I'm still liking the name I think originally it was a boys name / surname ? I think if I used it for a girl I'd chane it slightly the spelling Aubrey is boyish for me ?? I like it !! For either !!

i think its awful name. 1st i think audrey (old womens name) then i think about the one outta teen mum. i really wouldnt call ur son aubrey , he could be bullied :wacko:

^^^ sorry for brutally honest opinion

In the US, Aubrey is a very common girls name.
https://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-aubrey-5465.htm

It's ranked 20 out of all names. I would not have thought of it as a boys name.

Thanks for your opinions ladies - I think we've decided against it - I just think he might get bullied and don't want that. Shame cos I love the name.

Good call Tink - too girly I think. Maybe a family pet one day?! Or middle name :shrug:

I know two grown men named Aubrey! They are both fantastic people and don't seem to have suffered any name related trauma! :)

Aubrey reminds me of only fools and horses when we find out that it's Boycies middle name! I bet you're put off now lol

I personally think of a girl when I hear the name,,,,

My best friend just named her daughter Aubrey and my whole family thought it was nice but odd because Aubrey is a boys name... I see it as either!

I think the only Aubrey iv heard of is Boycie from only fools and horses same as Donnalou!
So based on that i'd say its a boys name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->