****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Sorry Melissa, :happydance: Kelly on being 1cm dilated. I can't stop having these brain farts :blush:

Mrs P I can't stop chuckling at them having to 'section' Lollip0p...maybe its my sense of humour?

Hi Angelmyky :wave:

Lliena Hope your consultant appointment goes well!

Tiggerlix Fingers crossed your sweep starts things off!

Flutterbaby Thats great news about your cousin! Bet she's so relieved!

Lucy Hope your bits are feeling better today!

Mrs P Yeah to the nursery being finished, can't wait to see the pictures!

Sorry if I've missed anyone! Hope ladies and bumps are wriggling and fine!

AFM I currently can't move...I've gutted the front room, cleaning everything from couch to skirting boards to carpets and now I'm leant over my ball on the hope it'll help! Nice cup of tea (which Kev can make :haha:) think I'll have my cream scone now (didn't manage it last night) and relax. Had a really productive day, been cracking the whip on Kev, my bannister is up, coving painted, filling in done and sanded down finished too! Yeah!!

Lou x

OMG, Pinkandfluffy Congratulations on passing your driving test! Thats fab, especially at this late stage!

Afternoon ladies,

Hope all with afternoon appointments got on ok. I had the mw today. Went through my 'so called' birthing plan. Was really gutted as have been told i'll be on a drip whether i like it or not!!! I really wanted to avoid that as my veins are shit and the cannula really messes my arms up. :-(.

Plus Mart will have to go home whilst they are starting me off during the night. Don't know what i will do there as part of my health problems is i can't be left on my own in strange places. I have PTS syndrome and i have anxiety attacks. Guess i'll have to discuss it with the docs next wednesday.

So not feeling the best after that. Just waiting for Mart to finish work. Gona have a KFC tonight to cheer myself up....

Hope everyone else is in a better mood than me!

xxx

Well ladies had my appointments and good news is bean has put on weight an is now above 10centile she weighs 6lb 1oz estimated. I asked consultant about bleeding etc an early induction but they said no which i thought they would. But at least i asked! Also asked if your first baby was late is there a good chance 2nd will be an she said yes. Doh! So at least i know now to look towards being over due and if bean decides to come earlier it will be a nice surprise :) Have an app booked for 17th aug to book induction but lets keep fingers crossed it wont be needed :)

Sold lol - hope baby does hang on til it arrives for you or its going to be a mantle piece ornament for a few weeks :haha:

Hadn't wanted to be doing my test quite this late but can't believe I've passed ta hun - DH has to put his hand in his pocket and buy me a car now :rofl:

Much prefer having a site recommended there are so many it is nice to know one someone has used before :thumbup:

I have used them and so have two of my friends and we have all had a good experience with the company. All arrived promptly. Infact ome friend ordered hers really late and it was here by the next morning.

Sorry Melissa, :happydance: Kelly on being 1cm dilated. I can't stop having these brain farts :blush:

Mrs P I can't stop chuckling at them having to 'section' Lollip0p...maybe its my sense of humour?

Hi Angelmyky :wave:

Lliena Hope your consultant appointment goes well!

Tiggerlix Fingers crossed your sweep starts things off!

Flutterbaby Thats great news about your cousin! Bet she's so relieved!

Lucy Hope your bits are feeling better today!

Mrs P Yeah to the nursery being finished, can't wait to see the pictures!

Sorry if I've missed anyone! Hope ladies and bumps are wriggling and fine!

AFM I currently can't move...I've gutted the front room, cleaning everything from couch to skirting boards to carpets and now I'm leant over my ball on the hope it'll help! Nice cup of tea (which Kev can make :haha:) think I'll have my cream scone now (didn't manage it last night) and relax. Had a really productive day, been cracking the whip on Kev, my bannister is up, coving painted, filling in done and sanded down finished too! Yeah!!

Lou x

haha, oh yeah :dohh: lets hope they dont section poor Lollipop!

whats the deal with tens machine girls ??? any good ???? x

Well as you read I think they are absolutely super fantastic and cant rate them enough. Would highly recommend. Can be a bit annoying until you get used to the sensation but I think definately worth getting.

Afternoon ladies,

Hope all with afternoon appointments got on ok. I had the mw today. Went through my 'so called' birthing plan. Was really gutted as have been told i'll be on a drip whether i like it or not!!! I really wanted to avoid that as my veins are shit and the cannula really messes my arms up. :-(.

Plus Mart will have to go home whilst they are starting me off during the night. Don't know what i will do there as part of my health problems is i can't be left on my own in strange places. I have PTS syndrome and i have anxiety attacks. Guess i'll have to discuss it with the docs next wednesday.

So not feeling the best after that. Just waiting for Mart to finish work. Gona have a KFC tonight to cheer myself up....

xxx

Oh :hugs: sorry appointment didnt go a bit better, will they not give it a couple of hours before sending him home, who knows how quick things will kick off. When I was induced my contractions started 3 hours aft:hugs:er pessery and then bang that was it till the end, no messing.

Well ladies had my appointments and good news is bean has put on weight an is now above 10centile she weighs 6lb 1oz estimated. I asked consultant about bleeding etc an early induction but they said no which i thought they would. But at least i asked! Also asked if your first baby was late is there a good chance 2nd will be an she said yes. Doh! So at least i know now to look towards being over due and if bean decides to come earlier it will be a nice surprise :) Have an app booked for 17th aug to book induction but lets keep fingers crossed it wont be needed :)

My baby on Thursday was estimated at 6lb 4oz so I dont think she is that small hon is she.

With regards to your consultant and the bleeding, mine said they wouldnt induce me early as there was no need but when I go back in 2 weeks if still bleeding which at this rate I will be, they are going to book my induction for due date I believe, will they not even do that so you dont have to go over?

Do they know what causes your bleeding? xxx

Sucks that they said no hun. I'd keep on at every chance you get though. Can't keep saying no forever!!!

xxx

Well Lil P's room. Although pics dont do it any justice as there is not room to get in there and stand far enough back so you can see it all properly. And the walls are yellow not green.

Attachments

• DSC00342.jpg
    DSC00342.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00343.jpg
    DSC00343.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00344.jpg
    DSC00344.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00348.jpg
    DSC00348.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00349.jpg
    DSC00349.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 6
Couple more and one of E playing in the pool

Attachments

• DSC00346.jpg
    DSC00346.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00350.jpg
    DSC00350.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00311.jpg
    DSC00311.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 4
Oh honey :hugs:

We just had our nursery painted last week and then put bits in the right place at the weekend, once the painting is done will take no time at all and will come together so quickly. I like to have their room ready to.

Men dont seem to get it, not until you crack up on them! Is your DH painting or you getting someone in. I had someone do it as waiting for DH is a nightmare, was £110 but so worth every penny just to get it out of the way. xx

All my OH has to do is plaster and fill a few hole's then my mum will wall paper, then I think OH's mum is painting it....so I might aswel paint it, other wise it still wont be done untill crimbo! So that will be down to me and my mum...OH's mum is ment to be putting patterns/alphabet letter's/1-10 on the wall's in paint. But if we get the main cote on, at least it's not like it is now. Then she can do that when ever.
I just want to get it "livable" so I can sort all baby's stuff out and everything :(
Your nursery look's lovely!!

Also is that the cot from mama's and papa's Or the one mother care do? I have the one from mama's and papa's :) and the dresser to match :D

Also is that the cot from mama's and papa's Or the one mother care do? I have the one from mama's and papa's :) and the dresser to match :D

Like you say least you can get all of your bits in and by the times they are out and cot made up and a few teddys or what ever you wont notice the walls being plain.

We only have those 3 pics and a clock on the wall.

Once you get the walls painted and your furniture in I think it will make you feel so much better. I have been like a bear with a sore head and DH recons its cos I didnt feel like I had anywhere to bring my baby home too, feel so much happier now, even though baby will sleep with us for a few weeks.

They are the mothercare ones. I bought them used on ebay for £52 for the set, they even threw in a mattress but I bought a new one.

My baby on Thursday was estimated at 6lb 4oz so I dont think she is that small hon is she.

With regards to your consultant and the bleeding, mine said they wouldnt induce me early as there was no need but when I go back in 2 weeks if still bleeding which at this rate I will be, they are going to book my induction for due date I believe, will they not even do that so you dont have to go over?

Do they know what causes your bleeding? xxx

They said she has had a big growth spurt in past two weeks but I reckon actually she never was that small its just cos she was breech and lay in a funny position earlier in the pregnancy that the measurements were a bit off.

I asked about what was causing the bleeding and she said she isnt sure but doesnt think its serious just cervical probably, and that as baby is looking fine and has put weight on etc she isnt concerned and is happy for me to go overdue. She did say Im likely to have more bleeding though as I've had 3 bouts already. So she hasnt booked me another appointment for before my due date the one she has given me is for 17th aug when I will 40+6. Not sure what else to do now except wait it out as it seems she isnt concerned at all :shrug:

Well that all makes perfect sense what you're saying.

Was DD a big baby?

Mine is all cervical too, they did another scan Thursday and its definately coming from no where else, or causing any harm, she just said she would book me in, maybe I have just been lucky.

I'm loving the pics MrsP! Looks so relaxing in there, i could easily have a little snooze myself!!!

Gorgeous one of E asleep!!! Bless her cotton socks....

xxx

Lliena, just a thought, can your mw do anything to help. I'm assuming they would automatically book people in who would go over (ours do) could she maybe not suggest it.

Oh philly - sorry it wasn't more positive for you - def have a chat with the docs they must be able to let DH stay??? :hugs:

MrsP the nursery is lovely!!!!!!!!

Danielle - know how you feel hun, we have had extension built (nursery being one of the 'added' rooms) and when our builder went into hospital DH has had to finish it. We were living in our bedroom and the lounge only - once the nursery got plastered I frog-marched DH in there as I have been so desperate to get cracking with washing baby clothes and stuff :dohh: hope you get sorted soon hun!

9 babies born what has been going on here :haha: didn't stand a chance keeping up with this thread, but maybe now I'm on maternity leave....:haha:

Hope everyone is doing okay, and congrats to those who have already become mummies wow!

I finished work on Friday, and passed my driving test today so planning on doing sweet FA until bubs makes his arrival!

Can't believe I will be a mummy soon.....anyone else scared? :dohh:

:flower:

:happydance::happydance:Well done you!!!!!!!!!!!

Afternoon ladies,

xxx

:hugs::hugs: Is there no way they can just do it through a canula?I'm worried i'll hav eto have a drip as well x

Lets hope you have baby asap! Gits they wont do anything x

Lliena, just a thought, can your mw do anything to help. I'm assuming they would automatically book people in who would go over (ours do) could she maybe not suggest it.

Pfft ours wont.They don't like to get in way of the hospital.Wish they did though as they see our pain and sometimes are more sympathetic.Nursery looks fab hun x

AS for moi I have had enough of lower back ache.I feel sick with it now.belly is all over place and baby is quiet.Roll on Thursday when i see m/w x

Like you say least you can get all of your bits in and by the times they are out and cot made up and a few teddys or what ever you wont notice the walls being plain.

We only have those 3 pics and a clock on the wall.

Once you get the walls painted and your furniture in I think it will make you feel so much better. I have been like a bear with a sore head and DH recons its cos I didnt feel like I had anywhere to bring my baby home too, feel so much happier now, even though baby will sleep with us for a few weeks.

They are the mothercare ones. I bought them used on ebay for £52 for the set, they even threw in a mattress but I bought a new one.

My dad said he will fill me the hole's in, I think my mum's nagging him because she want's to get it done :haha:
I can't wait to get it done and Henry have a "room" and not a mess.
oh our's was £190 from mama's and papa's for dresser and changer, should have been £345 for them both, but we dropped on and got a ex display one :D

Oh philly - sorry it wasn't more positive for you - def have a chat with the docs they must be able to let DH stay??? :hugs:

MrsP the nursery is lovely!!!!!!!!

Danielle - know how you feel hun, we have had extension built (nursery being one of the 'added' rooms) and when our builder went into hospital DH has had to finish it. We were living in our bedroom and the lounge only - once the nursery got plastered I frog-marched DH in there as I have been so desperate to get cracking with washing baby clothes and stuff :dohh: hope you get sorted soon hun!

The house we live in was what my mum used to rent out, but then when we moved in...just before we moved in and before I found out I was pregnant, we decided to make the kitchen bigger and move the bathroom door so we could have a bigger bath (the old bath was tiny!!), and the house needed re-wiring. So wall's got knocked out everywhere :/
My dad made sure the living room, kitchen and our bedroom was finished apart from little bit's like curtain pole's.
But dining room, 2other bedrooms and bathroom were a case off do as we go on. Dining room's finished (thank's to my day of painting 5month's pregnant and roasting out side) except abit of wood work need's painting and curtain pole need's to go up, spare bedroom is same just abit of painting and curtain's to go up, bathroom a tiny bit of tiling need's doing and carpet tile's need putting down. But the most important room out of the lot! Bare plaster, hole's, no skirting board :( Least it has wooden flooring down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->