****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Ok so it's been just over 11yrs since I've given birth and I'm absolutely scared shitless!!!!!! :blush: The only thing I really remember is being in labor so long and asking for drugs, 10mg of nubane was all and it all but shut down my contractions so wont be asking for drugs unless necessary as I don't want to have the pictocin again:nope: The pains weren't so bad that I couldn't handle them it was just I was so darn tired and didn't have any energy left and wanted to at least sleep inbetween them :shrug: not so much to ask right, well wrong it didn't help with the sleep so no pain meds here :nope:

We are all getting so very close! Getting so excited to see everybodies babies!

MrsP lovely nursery pictures! Love the one of E sleeping I think I have a couple of those of DD too. Great memories!:thumbup:

I need to find me some nurishment as I'm ready to fall asleep sitting at my desk at work:dohh: my tummy is grumbling.

Hope you're all doing well will check back soon!:thumbup:

bless you hunny it is scary i'm a freak tho i love the pushing part i know it'll be over soon lol hubby just stained the folding door bless him only cause he wants to go fishing again lol went through my bags again today it's all there lol car seat ready to go it rained so didn't do cars i had stay and play today with conner i got stuck to the chair lol they are so bloody small lol hope everyone is well i have told hubby i won't be coming home untill house is done so hopefully he'll get a move on but in true woman style my list is never ending just added the lawns to it again he cant win lol :haha::blush:

7 pages to read it took me forever!

Congrats on passing your drivers test pink and fluffly! I still remember passing mine it was a nice day!

I've got some photos for you ladies today and a special one for you mrs p! Yup the infamous bags are packed, just need to add the few last minute things like a brush etc.

The belly pic is me today at 37+3. The our crib, I put the bedding on and the change table although the blue and borwn diaper stacker is now hanging off the table and the diapers are put away in the closet.

You can also see our new baseboards we just finished putting down!

Attachments

• hospitalbag.jpg
    hospitalbag.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3
  • crib.jpg
    crib.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 4
  • crib1.jpg
    crib1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 3
  • week37.jpg
    week37.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3
  • changetable.jpg
    changetable.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3
Well that all makes perfect sense what you're saying.

Was DD a big baby?

Mine is all cervical too, they did another scan Thursday and its definately coming from no where else, or causing any harm, she just said she would book me in, maybe I have just been lucky.

Lliena, just a thought, can your mw do anything to help. I'm assuming they would automatically book people in who would go over (ours do) could she maybe not suggest it.

DD was 7lb 5oz when born so not big but they said she was small for my build etc. I did say well not all larger women necessarily have large babies!

Maybe you have got lucky, I might try asking midwife and see what she suggests especially if I do have any more bleeding. It would just ease my mind. :)

Thanks Tiff and pics are great.

Lliena - My consultant just said they would do it as the chances are sooner the baby is here sooner bleeding will stop and I can get my smear and things sorted out and put it all to rest. I hope your mw will listen to you.

Our hospital is quite good, we have a good team there.

Ok, it has taken me 2 days to catch up on all of the posts from Friday night until now! I feel like I've really accomplished something. :haha:

Sorry there is no way I am remembering everything, so giant :hugs: to the ladies who were sick and tired and just need 'em.

MrsP the nursery is lovely. I had a break down on Saturday night about ours, I'll get to that story in a min.

Lliena and Philly, sucks the appointments weren't more useful.

Good luck Tigg on the sweep, fx it moves things along.

Didn't see any posts from Carolyn in the last two days...

Yay to progress, Tiff! On the bags and being dilated.

Nik I jumped my DH a couple of times already this week and it Tuesday so I get ya there. Not too much discharge but enough that I have to wear a liner. :flower:

AFM:
Kinda poopy day on Saturday. DH and I drove 7 hrs (round trip) to pick up a crib from SIL (they live about 5-6 hours away so we met in the middle). We got home and I, being very excited about being able to finish the nursery, went to put it up and discovered they hadn't given us 2 major components... What a waste of time! :cry: Plus after looking at the it (DH and I did a mock up to see if it would fit in the spot we have for it) we noticed that the highest mattress position was at our knee level! Now we are both fairly tall but that is ridiculous! Whose back can handle bending in half to put their 10-20 lbs baby down? I was so upset, I wanted to have everything finished, I have been waiting (and counting down the days) since late April when SIL & BIL said they would be able to meet up! DH felt really bad so he suggested we go out on Sunday and get a new one. He called his sis and told her we were missing the pieces but we were buying new, she felt bad but imo they should have double checked to make sure they had everything before we all drove out for the exchange. They were already going to be going anyway because they were picking up their kids from a week with grandma and grandpa, so really it was only us that wasted our whole Saturday. One good thing though, we also got their (foam) mattress which is almost new and in excellent condition. I washed it and the cover, so at least that saved us some money but not enough to make up for the gas we used.

Then I had a bit of a break down with DH yesterday, he hasn't been picking up after himself enough for my liking. Anyway, I started crying and told him about all the things around the house that I can see that need to be done but I just don't have the energy to do and told him I need help. Again he felt bad he apologized for being oblivious and says he is going to be better....we will soon find out! He is such a wonderful man he is very unobservant though.

All in all a very emotional last couple of days.

kelly9 awwww pics r so cute... yay for the bags and the cot looks great !!! x

hello do you mind if i join? i have been wanting to join a group that is in my due month.
erm heres abit of a background on me. :) im due 23rd August. im expecting a boy. hes my first too. we already have a name picked for him, it was picked before i even got pregnant, we had one for each gender. i found out i was pregnant 2 days before christmas, so that was such a good present. :) im 21 years old, im 22 on friday (16th). i dont have plans to celebrate it though as theres not much i can do really because i have a wedding to pay for, which is on 24th of this month. :happydance: im so excited but nervous too. me and my fiance live with my mum, as she will be at the birth and will be there to help me out if i need anything. this might seem strange but it actually works for us all because she gives me advice about pregnancy/baby things, she's always there when i need to ask questions about things, etc, but most of all we help her out mainly because she suffers alot with her back and joints which means she needs help sometimes, she doesnt have a partner (they recently split) and im the youngest child so basically im the last one to help her, none of my sisters or my brother will help her so im proud to say that i do. well anyway, other than that, i have 2 pets....my cat is 17months old, hes called Dinx, ive had him since he was 8weeks old and my puppy is 11weeks old, hes called Buster, ive only had him for 3-4weeks. theyre crazy little things, always chasing one-another, and its so cute to watch them play.

well im going to leave it there. im not feeling too good lately, i mainly come online to check mail, etc, so i might not get back to people quickly, but i will always reply eventually.
im going to go rest up some more, i think ive written abit of an essay :haha: ..... ooops. :blush: hope to speak to you all soon. take care. x

HELLOOOOO :flower: Welcome hun! and WOW busy times ahead for you x x
Looking forward to chatting to you soon x x

9 babies born what has been going on here :haha: didn't stand a chance keeping up with this thread, but maybe now I'm on maternity leave....:haha:

Hope everyone is doing okay, and congrats to those who have already become mummies wow!

I finished work on Friday, and passed my driving test today so planning on doing sweet FA until bubs makes his arrival!

Can't believe I will be a mummy soon.....anyone else scared? :dohh:

:flower:

YEY on Passing your test hun! well done x

Well ladies had my appointments and good news is bean has put on weight an is now above 10centile she weighs 6lb 1oz estimated. I asked consultant about bleeding etc an early induction but they said no which i thought they would. But at least i asked! Also asked if your first baby was late is there a good chance 2nd will be an she said yes. Doh! So at least i know now to look towards being over due and if bean decides to come earlier it will be a nice surprise :) Have an app booked for 17th aug to book induction but lets keep fingers crossed it wont be needed :)

Really pleased little one is puttin on weight hun! sorry they wont consider your induction early! but fingers crossed things will get shiftin on their own before its needed anyways x x

Well Lil P's room. Although pics dont do it any justice as there is not room to get in there and stand far enough back so you can see it all properly. And the walls are yellow not green.

LOOKIN GOOOOOD!!!!! :thumbup: And HOW cute is ur new Avatar! such a sweetie!

bless you hunny it is scary i'm a freak tho i love the pushing part i know it'll be over soon lol hubby just stained the folding door bless him only cause he wants to go fishing again lol went through my bags again today it's all there lol car seat ready to go it rained so didn't do cars i had stay and play today with conner i got stuck to the chair lol they are so bloody small lol hope everyone is well i have told hubby i won't be coming home untill house is done so hopefully he'll get a move on but in true woman style my list is never ending just added the lawns to it again he cant win lol :haha::blush:

I am strangely looking forward to the pushing stage too!! :wacko: I had an epidural last time so I am hopeing not to with this one and experience a little more! although I shall be the first one hollering for relief if i need it lol!

7 pages to read it took me forever!

Congrats on passing your drivers test pink and fluffly! I still remember passing mine it was a nice day!

I've got some photos for you ladies today and a special one for you mrs p! Yup the infamous bags are packed, just need to add the few last minute things like a brush etc.

The belly pic is me today at 37+3. The our crib, I put the bedding on and the change table although the blue and borwn diaper stacker is now hanging off the table and the diapers are put away in the closet.

You can also see our new baseboards we just finished putting down!

FAB!!! :thumbup:

Ok, it has taken me 2 days to catch up on all of the posts from Friday night until now! I feel like I've really accomplished something. :haha:

Sorry there is no way I am remembering everything, so giant :hugs: to the ladies who were sick and tired and just need 'em.

MrsP the nursery is lovely. I had a break down on Saturday night about ours, I'll get to that story in a min.

Nik I jumped my DH a couple of times already this week and it Tuesday so I get ya there. Not too much discharge but enough that I have to wear a liner. :flower:

AFM:
Kinda poopy day on Saturday. DH and I drove 7 hrs (round trip) to pick up a crib from SIL (they live about 5-6 hours away so we met in the middle). We got home and I, being very excited about being able to finish the nursery, went to put it up and discovered they hadn't given us 2 major components... What a waste of time! :cry: Plus after looking at the it (DH and I did a mock up to see if it would fit in the spot we have for it) we noticed that the highest mattress position was at our knee level! Now we are both fairly tall but that is ridiculous! Whose back can handle bending in half to put their 10-20 lbs baby down? I was so upset, I wanted to have everything finished, I have been waiting (and counting down the days) since late April when SIL & BIL said they would be able to meet up! DH felt really bad so he suggested we go out on Sunday and get a new one. He called his sis and told her we were missing the pieces but we were buying new, she felt bad but imo they should have double checked to make sure they had everything before we all drove out for the exchange. They were already going to be going anyway because they were picking up their kids from a week with grandma and grandpa, so really it was only us that wasted our whole Saturday. One good thing though, we also got their (foam) mattress which is almost new and in excellent condition. I washed it and the cover, so at least that saved us some money but not enough to make up for the gas we used.

Then I had a bit of a break down with DH yesterday, he hasn't been picking up after himself enough for my liking. Anyway, I started crying and told him about all the things around the house that I can see that need to be done but I just don't have the energy to do and told him I need help. Again he felt bad he apologized for being oblivious and says he is going to be better....we will soon find out! He is such a wonderful man he is very unobservant though.

Oh no! crappy that there was pieces missing!
Awww I had a similar breakdown on Mat last week, I think they just need a little bump in the right direction to point out where we need em to help!

:hugs: for the emotional times! I am crying at the drop of a hat lately! hope you feel better soon x x

I am gettin fed up of reading my own moaning about being in pain!
SO I AM NOT GOING TO lol!

Hope everyones ahd a lovely day! I am sat waiting on hubby bringing me a Cadburys flake and a bottle of Lucozade! I need a pick me up haha!
Sending hughs to anyone that needs one x x :hugs: x x

Nikki x x

Ooh does anyone watch Eastenders? Lucas is pure evil!!!!!!!!

Not seen tonights yet! got it on the planner for 10pm on BBC3! Was watchin emmerdale and didnt realise it had been on an hour and made me miss Eastenders! DAMMMIT! haha!

AFM:

Oh my darling bless you :hugs:

Like Nik says we have all had our days and goes at doing it to the DH.

We went through the same just after I got back from holiday. You know what helped Simon and I, he told me to get a bit of paper and start a list, no matter how big or small the job but put it on there when I noticed them. It ranged to straightening the light switch to tidying some wires up, fixing things. All sorts and he slowly slowly has been working through it, he crosses it off the list and I keep adding to the bottom :haha:

But he just picks off what he feels like doing, some of the smaller jobs he'll do when he comes in from work. Makes me feel better cos I see them being scrubbed off the list and I know things are getting done.

I am gettin fed up of reading my own moaning about being in pain!
SO I AM NOT GOING TO lol!

Hope everyones ahd a lovely day! I am sat waiting on hubby bringing me a Cadburys flake and a bottle of Lucozade! I need a pick me up haha!
Sending hughs to anyone that needs one x x :hugs: x x

Nikki x x

Honey you moan away babe, its what we are here for.

I try not to but we all need a rant and there's no one who will understand better than your fellow suffers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :kiss:

Me I do but I have it on record at the minute, just about to do dinner and will then catch up so may have to ditch you ladies till I've caught up on it!

Evening all...

Kelly loving the bag, is it Coach???

So gona have a proud moment now. On the way to KFC when at the bottom of our road there was a crash. A woman had come round the corner and flipped her car landing on the roof. So Mart rushed out and attended the scene until the feds and ambo got there.
The shining moment for me was that he new i was hungry to left everything to the coppers and took me to get my food!!!

Am now sitting here with a full belly and a smile on my face. Is there anything better than chicken gravy????? Mmmmmm.......

Has cheered me up a treat, plus Mart said there is no way he is leaving me in hospital on my own. Bless him! xxx

would you ladie's trust a second hand car seat base?
Or are they like car seat's, something that is better of new, incase it's been in a crash? x

Thanks for the comments ladies! I am so proud of our nursery. It's been my project for the last 9 months!

Philly why yes it is coach! I work there and fell in love with their baby bags, just couldn't find anything else I liked more. Plus it's colours DH won't mind carrying around. Oh and that was just great of your DH!!!!

Lilfooshfoosh, sorry about the wasted trip, that can be frustrating, maybe buying a new crib is best. Plus it's exciting to shop for one! I hope you have a blast.

Someone mentioned the DH not picking up after themself... (forgot who sorry) but I hear you, my hubby is so clueless. I haven't cried over it... yet! Although DH has been calling me a slave driver lately as my nesting almost always means he gets sucked into my projects to as I can't do certain things lol. Poor guy wants a break. He's gonna be caulking the casings soon enough to! Things are coming to an end though. I'm thinking order out pizza tonight for dinner, we haven't ordered out in forever or had pizza and we've been working so hard!

Oh and Danielle I would trust it but I would install it right away in the car at the person's house before paying for it to make sure it's up to par!

angelmyky welcome to the board, look forward to getting to know you!! I'm Lucy, mum to a two year old, and due the new arrival on 1 Aug! We don't know the gender yet and haven't picked any names!
Lliena, hoorah for better sleep, and good news on the weight, shame about early induction though - keep at them if that's what you want!
Tigger, how did sweep go, anything to report?!
Lia, congratulations on your driving test, that's awesome!! What car are you thinking of getting?
Philly, hopefully you can sort something about Mart staying in hospital with you; DH was sent home overnight when I was induced though :( and good on him for being first at the scene of the accident! yum to KFC I haven't eaten yet...
MrsP, loving the nursery pics!! I'm just uploading some now :)
Kelly, your cot looks great! And lovely bump pic - so neat!
Foosh, that sucks on the cot, after that long journey. Did you manage to find something you're happy with?

Well we had a nice day at a friends, Charlotte took a tizzy fit this morning getting dressed but OK once on the road... and no fighting between toddlers today, which is a relief! Also v proud of her, they have a big black lab and normally she is scared, but today very happy with dog around, although she kept saying Archie eat my knee, don't worry!!

DH has passed out on the sofa snoring like an animal, I'm unfed - ravenous now, just trying to upload some photos of baby's room will post here shortly.

Oh and Danielle I would trust it but I would install it right away in the car at the person's house before paying for it to make sure it's up to par!

I can't afford the daft price's they want for them new, and someone is selling one on facebook for a tenna. I'd need her to install it me lol just so I knew how to do it, and i'd need to check my car seat on it.

LOL you ladies can chat! I have loads to catch up on. I pm'em Tiggerlix about her sweep, not heard back yet, I hope all went well. xx

Still nothing from Carolyn, she's not been on since 9pm and fb about the same.

Woop woop could we have another bubba coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->