****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

i forgot to update my cousin sorry hunny it was good news well the blood clot is shrinking and has moved away from baby it's still there and doc has said she may still bleed but it's unlikely to be baby but to still get checked out asap so good news but not out of woods yet she has a scan on the 17th if she doesn't have a bleed before then she also got a lil pic so she is made up bless her

i had a early night :sleep: and slept right through my pelvis is hurting today i'm gonna try and be a busy bee today and hoover the cars out if rain holds off and repack my case as i feel it's the law to check it twice lol

mercy hope your feeling better hunny sicky booo's

kelly 9 1cm is heading in the right direction i wish they would check me and see what i am my sis had a lil bleed so had it checked out and was 1-2cm for 3 weeks went to 3cm then closed back to 1cm again she was well pissed she still had her at 39 weeks tho so all movement is good practice for cervix opening up :hugs:

mrsp woodwork are you mad all that bending and stretching oh no dear chillax hun

Glad things are going well for your cousin.

Oh its not loads just needs a wipe over from all the decorating, dust has got everywhere.

:happydance: Melissa for being 1cm dilated! Thats great news!

Just walked down to the nursery and dropped Jacob off, bloody knackered now!

AND......

36 weeks today :wohoo::headspin::yipee:

Hope everyone and bumps are ok x

Happy 36 weeks Lou xx

hello do you mind if i join? i have been wanting to join a group that is in my due month.
erm heres abit of a background on me. :) im due 23rd August. im expecting a boy. hes my first too. we already have a name picked for him, it was picked before i even got pregnant, we had one for each gender. i found out i was pregnant 2 days before christmas, so that was such a good present. :) im 21 years old, im 22 on friday (16th). i dont have plans to celebrate it though as theres not much i can do really because i have a wedding to pay for, which is on 24th of this month. :happydance: im so excited but nervous too. me and my fiance live with my mum, as she will be at the birth and will be there to help me out if i need anything. this might seem strange but it actually works for us all because she gives me advice about pregnancy/baby things, she's always there when i need to ask questions about things, etc, but most of all we help her out mainly because she suffers alot with her back and joints which means she needs help sometimes, she doesnt have a partner (they recently split) and im the youngest child so basically im the last one to help her, none of my sisters or my brother will help her so im proud to say that i do. well anyway, other than that, i have 2 pets....my cat is 17months old, hes called Dinx, ive had him since he was 8weeks old and my puppy is 11weeks old, hes called Buster, ive only had him for 3-4weeks. theyre crazy little things, always chasing one-another, and its so cute to watch them play.

well im going to leave it there. im not feeling too good lately, i mainly come online to check mail, etc, so i might not get back to people quickly, but i will always reply eventually.
im going to go rest up some more, i think ive written abit of an essay :haha: ..... ooops. :blush: hope to speak to you all soon. take care. x

Welcome hon, I have added you to the front page.

hello do you mind if i join? i have been wanting to join a group that is in my due month.
erm heres abit of a background on me. :) im due 23rd August. im expecting a boy. hes my first too. we already have a name picked for him, it was picked before i even got pregnant, we had one for each gender. i found out i was pregnant 2 days before christmas, so that was such a good present. :) im 21 years old, im 22 on friday (16th). i dont have plans to celebrate it though as theres not much i can do really because i have a wedding to pay for, which is on 24th of this month. :happydance: im so excited but nervous too. me and my fiance live with my mum, as she will be at the birth and will be there to help me out if i need anything. this might seem strange but it actually works for us all because she gives me advice about pregnancy/baby things, she's always there when i need to ask questions about things, etc, but most of all we help her out mainly because she suffers alot with her back and joints which means she needs help sometimes, she doesnt have a partner (they recently split) and im the youngest child so basically im the last one to help her, none of my sisters or my brother will help her so im proud to say that i do. well anyway, other than that, i have 2 pets....my cat is 17months old, hes called Dinx, ive had him since he was 8weeks old and my puppy is 11weeks old, hes called Buster, ive only had him for 3-4weeks. theyre crazy little things, always chasing one-another, and its so cute to watch them play.

well im off now, think ive written abit of an essay.....oops. :blush: hope to speak to you all soon. take care. x

Hello, welcome :D
I know what you mean about your pet's being crazy! I have 2cat's about same age of your's and there mental :/

I'v just been in the room that's going to be the nursery and got so upset that it's still bare plaster :( I want to get thing's set up int here properly now! and not have to rumage through everything when I want to put stuff away :( Why can't my OH understand that even tho Henry will be in our room for a few month's, I still want his nursery finishing before he's born! Then I can put him down in there in the day time :growlmad:

Oh honey :hugs:

We just had our nursery painted last week and then put bits in the right place at the weekend, once the painting is done will take no time at all and will come together so quickly. I like to have their room ready to.

Men dont seem to get it, not until you crack up on them! Is your DH painting or you getting someone in. I had someone do it as waiting for DH is a nightmare, was £110 but so worth every penny just to get it out of the way. xx

Morning ladies.Welcome to the newbie!

Whoop to the ladies who are having sweeps.FX crossed.

Hey to everyone else. :kiss:

Today is a shit day in more ways than one but the main thing is i still have chronic lower back ache and my feet are huge. :nope:

Ugh not long now i hope x

sounds like my mw too steph.

I hope everyone ssweeps go well.

What happens at a 36 week mw check? anything exciting or is it just the norm?

Normally wee, bp checked and she will feel is baby has started to engage yet :)

Also if you have Group B strep they do a swab.If you having homebirth they check babys position x

i called the midwife.. shes not coming til thursday

i have enough to wait for without waiting for her too !!! grrrrrr

I CANCEL THE APPOINTMENTS NOT HER lol x

Excuse my stupidity but can they feel if baby is engaged by just feeling the stomach??? Im still curious as to what my doctor meant on friday by 'You may go next week but i still want to see you next week'... :shrug:

:happydance: Melissa for being 1cm dilated! Thats great news!

Just walked down to the nursery and dropped Jacob off, bloody knackered now!

AND......

36 weeks today :wohoo::headspin::yipee:

Hope everyone and bumps are ok x

It's Kelly9 (Tiffany) who's 1cm, not me!!! Well maybe I am but I don't know it!! haha :D

I have a sacroiliac support belt, would that do any good do you think? I'm not due to see MW until tomorrow week...

Well middle of last night I woke to pee (nothing unusual there) and remembered that the baby monitor was still in the garden from our BBQ last night!! Given the propensity to rain here I went to rescue it on a moonlit flit to the garden - glad no-one saw me in my lovely shortie jammies with t-shirt that doesn't meet the bottoms any more!!

Chilling on the sofa, need to pack some lunch then we're heading out for a playdate, but not sure I have the energy :( Don't want to stay in the house all day with Charlotte though, that'll be even harder work!

Anyone heard from Guppy recently?

Yes she has a journal she updates once and awhile, she's doing great, no worries!!!

Excuse my stupidity but can they feel if baby is engaged by just feeling the stomach??? Im still curious as to what my doctor meant on friday by 'You may go next week but i still want to see you next week'... :shrug:

Yep by feeling around your pubic bone they can tell if baby has started to engage or not, which is why your doc may have said it if baby was engaging when he felt :)

Thanks girls, they feel the baby normally on most mw appointments, i was 3/5 engaged last time.

Just wanted to make sure it was no internal examinations.

I hope my bp comes down by friday, would they do a c-section if my bp is still up? I mean the mw and docs dont tell you alot, they assume you know it all, and I dont........... sorry im just putting all my thoughts down here

They induced me cos my bp was up, I doubt very much they would section you.

Mine shot up even more during labour, they put me on a drip and were then going to give me an epidural, apprarently it helps bring it down, but was too late I was ready to push.

Sure you'll be just fine. They may say they wanna see you weekly to check but thats no bad thing.

Thanks MrsP, how early did they induce you? I have to monitored weekly for bp at the mo. I wasnt sure about the c-section, as teh doctor said on fri it doesnt matter if my bp does go up, as they would just whip the baby out.

Thanks, I wasnt sure, do you have to stay in hospital longer if they induce you? and what happens with bubba? sorry i will write a major list tonight ready for mw on fri.

9 babies born what has been going on here :haha: didn't stand a chance keeping up with this thread, but maybe now I'm on maternity leave....:haha:

Hope everyone is doing okay, and congrats to those who have already become mummies wow!

I finished work on Friday, and passed my driving test today so planning on doing sweet FA until bubs makes his arrival!

Can't believe I will be a mummy soon.....anyone else scared? :dohh:

:flower:

Maybe doc meant in general.

Um my bp was up from 34 weeks so they saw me weekly, then at 39+4 I had a consultant appointment, to which she did an internal performed a sweep. To which they said I was soft favourable and 3cm dialated. But at the same time booked me to come in and be induced on due date.

I dont know if its any help but my bp sat at around 145/90 for about 3 weeks in a row.

me me me. Scared of labour, infact absolutely crapping my pants.

I had a good labour with it and it wasnt any worse than I thought it could be really, but I still prefer not knowing. The morning I went in to be induced with E I took it in my stride and went with the flow. This time I wanna get it over and done with, but might be because I am panicing about E this time where as last time we obviously didnt have these worries. xx

lol! That's true at least I've only got me to fret about - debating getting a tens ordered now as well. Just fear of the unknown, I like to know everything lol :haha:

Meant to say well done on passing good on you and just in time.

Definately hire a tens machine, they are super fantastic. My baby cant come yet as my tens hasnt arrived, dont know what I'll do without it. Stuck it on from the first little twinge and kept me going for over 2 hours. It was fabulous.

I used tensmachinedirect.co.uk

Free P&P including return and you have it for 6 weeks. I hired the standard one last time this time I have gone for the Elles which is £3 more but they are meant to be good.

Sold lol - hope baby does hang on til it arrives for you or its going to be a mantle piece ornament for a few weeks :haha:

Hadn't wanted to be doing my test quite this late but can't believe I've passed ta hun - DH has to put his hand in his pocket and buy me a car now :rofl:

Much prefer having a site recommended there are so many it is nice to know one someone has used before :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->