****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Lots going on here! I have had my first round of painful BH's saturday after an 8 hour hospital shift had about 4 or 5 of them then they went away and stayed away.

I get lots of discharge to mercy, just change the panties as I also hate pads, the other night while having sex and the big O I sorry if tmi but had some female ejaculation and thought it was my water breaking but it wasn't.

Just got back from my docs apt and I AM ONE CENTIMETER DILATED!!!!! So have decided to get right on the hospital bag. Picked up the few items I needed, now I Just have to organize it all. I also found out I am group b strep negative!!!!!!! I was so over the moon when he told me that! I get horrendous yeast infections with antibiotics so am happy I won't need any.

mercy- i have had loads of discharge this pregnancy as well. some days not a lot and then other days it feels like I pee myself. I sometimes get a slight wooosh dribble out when I stand up...especially if I have had sex within the last day...I had been worried that my waters were leaking...but all seems well and it doesn't smell sweet...just smells normal...(TMI...sorry)

morning girls... i bailed out and went to bed before 9 last night... x

feel ok now, but lots to tidy before the midwife visits at 11..... x

mumsys takin hj to nursery today :) 8.30 tho !! wow.... bless him, thats soooo early !!! xx

I usually end up doing it when my ironing basket starts to overflow, I hate ironing.
Going to keep on top of it tho now! I keep saying it, but this time I will!
:happydance: OH got the job and start's tomorrow :D

I rarely iron!!! luckily DH is a farmer so no need to iron his work shirts :)
Congrats on your OH's job!!! Fab news!

OH told me not to iron his stuff, but I can't not do it when it's in the basket and it's as creasy as they are sometime's.
I never used to iron my dad's work shirt's when I lived at home and we had farm, but my mum made a point of doing them :S She even does sock's tho...

Morning all :D

I started to reply earlier on a big multiquote bender and then my laptop battery died adn they're all gone...
Hmmm, what was I going to say!?
Lollipop you made the 7000th post! Wow! We should have a prize for 10,000!! Although I did notice one reason our thread is bigger than the other months is we seem to have kept it all together and they start a new one in each tri...

Nik, boo to puking, especially after you cooked yummy tea! No idea about the discharge...

Hayzeb, keep your DH on his toes eh!! Never had BH that bad, must be a bit scary!

Anyway, we're back from our Bank Hol day out, Charlotte loved it,we took the boat from Portaferry to Strangford, then she got to see all the other 'pirates' at Castle Ward, have a picnic, saw animals in the farm and got a ride on the back of a tractor - so a very exciting day out for a 2 year old.
She's also been really sweet today, it took about 7 goes of her saying 'my sove su mummy' before I figured out it was I love you mummy! Then she made DH buy me flowers from Sainsburys, and she brought me a raspberry they'd picked in the garden :)

BBQ for tea, very delish, stuffed now though...

And here's a question, I've not had SPD before I know some of you suffering, but it's something to do with pubic bone? It feels like I'm burning in half in the middle of the pubic bone, like it's broken and burning pain now... it's been getting steadily worse in the last couple of days... is this SPD? What do you recommend for releiving it?!

Anywho, off to bed now, DH catching up on the Tour de France (who said the sport was over?! I have a man still obsessed with cycling - and cricket!)

Night all xx :sleep:

Thanks Lucy, I started to feel better afterwards and managed to scoff a bowl of corn flakes and keep em down lol!
The pain sounds a little like SPD startin hun, talk to the MW as the physio can prescribe a support belt to wear that can ease the discomfort!

Lots going on here! I have had my first round of painful BH's saturday after an 8 hour hospital shift had about 4 or 5 of them then they went away and stayed away.

I get lots of discharge to mercy, just change the panties as I also hate pads, the other night while having sex and the big O I sorry if tmi but had some female ejaculation and thought it was my water breaking but it wasn't.

Just got back from my docs apt and I AM ONE CENTIMETER DILATED!!!!! So have decided to get right on the hospital bag. Picked up the few items I needed, now I Just have to organize it all. I also found out I am group b strep negative!!!!!!! I was so over the moon when he told me that! I get horrendous yeast infections with antibiotics so am happy I won't need any.

WOOPWOOP! for 1cm! good to get the hospital bag checked and packed hun! I found it made it feel real when i started packing the bag lol.
glad its not just me on the crazy discharge front, i kinda knew it wasnt waters as i think it was too thick, just freaked me out a little the way it was dripping lol! oh how glam this pregnancy lark is haha!

mercy- i have had loads of discharge this pregnancy as well. some days not a lot and then other days it feels like I pee myself. I sometimes get a slight wooosh dribble out when I stand up...especially if I have had sex within the last day...I had been worried that my waters were leaking...but all seems well and it doesn't smell sweet...just smells normal...(TMI...sorry)

thanks hun! my hubby asked if I'd smelled it lol bless him (he's read one chapter in my birth book and now thinks he's and Obstetrician haha), but as you say all seemed well! just wierded me out a little x x

mumsys takin hj to nursery today :) 8.30 tho !! wow.... bless him, thats soooo early !!! xx

yey for the early night! i was still up and pottering about at 1am lol but managed an unbroken nights sleep after that so its all good!

AFM, Well, as I said, an unbroken nights sleep from 1am ish to 7am!!! :happydance:
I got up when hubby did for work, and made a coffee and some breakfast. Riley gave me a yell and shouted " where's Rileys dummy gone then?" haha I went in, gave it him back and he said " Riley not up time yet mummy" as he proceeded to roll over and go back off to sleep lol! so he is still away with the fairies while I sit getting all emotional watchin birth programms on the discovery channell! lol!
Poor hubby has just gone off to work with a HUUUUGE army backpack on for doing a 6mile run carrying 65lb of weight! sometimes I see him wander off to work and think "god hows he do it" haha! bless him tho! :nope:

Feeling ok this morn, bubs is wriggling lots which is always reassuring! and my BH's I have had thus far are not too sore so its lookin good!
The sun is shining and hopefully will get out this morning with friends for an activity day our barracks is having for all the little ones! lots of football, rounders and fun and games on the sports field! YEY!!! :dohh: then Riley has Nursery this afternoon so a nice snooze for me maybe lol!

Hope everyone is well today x
Nik x x

EUUURRRRGH!!!!!! Just puked BIG TIME!!!!!!!!
I am gutted, I made homemade chicken and vegetable pies for dinner and fluuffy mashed spuds and gravy! It was LUSH!!! then within half an hour It was all back for a second round! and it was certainly not as pleasent that time!
Feeling very sorry for myself now! fell asleep briefly when I'd put Riley to bed, then woke up witha stinking headache and stabbing pains in my "lady bits" arrgh!

Hubby has gone off to get me some lucozade bless him to perk me up x

Hope you're feeling better xx

Hello ladies I've been missing since dr put me on half days but he has cleared me to go back to work so will be here more as the internet here is reliable and not reliable at my home.

Hope your all doing well and WOW 9 babies! Congratulations!!!!! It's so important to keep up from here on out and see the babies as they come!

afm had a little tif with work so that's why I'm back full time. They took my benefits, which means I wouldn't have insurance at the end of this month due to the dr putting me half time. he said we shall see how it goes and if my fluid is questionable again he will take me off work completely and put me on disability.

Hope Mercy and Lliena feel better soon! I hate being sick!

:hugs: to the rest of you lovely ladies!

Noticed you hadnt been about. I hope the arseholes at work are kind to you and it goes ok :hugs:

Hi ya ladies, how you all doing ?

I had a very convincing false labour walking round the supermarket today, DH was looking very worried :haha:. It was really painful though, I was getting pains every 5 mins that I had to breath through. As soon as I got home and had a sit down they went away so guessing a nasty case of Braxton hicks.

xx

Well its good to keep them on their toes eh? :haha:

I started to reply earlier on a big multiquote bender and then my laptop battery died adn they're all gone...
Hmmm, what was I going to say!?
Lollipop you made the 7000th post! Wow! We should have a prize for 10,000!! Although I did notice one reason our thread is bigger than the other months is we seem to have kept it all together and they start a new one in each tri...

Nik, boo to puking, especially after you cooked yummy tea! No idea about the discharge...

Hayzeb, keep your DH on his toes eh!! Never had BH that bad, must be a bit scary!

Anyway, we're back from our Bank Hol day out, Charlotte loved it,we took the boat from Portaferry to Strangford, then she got to see all the other 'pirates' at Castle Ward, have a picnic, saw animals in the farm and got a ride on the back of a tractor - so a very exciting day out for a 2 year old.
She's also been really sweet today, it took about 7 goes of her saying 'my sove su mummy' before I figured out it was I love you mummy! Then she made DH buy me flowers from Sainsburys, and she brought me a raspberry they'd picked in the garden :)

BBQ for tea, very delish, stuffed now though...

And here's a question, I've not had SPD before I know some of you suffering, but it's something to do with pubic bone? It feels like I'm burning in half in the middle of the pubic bone, like it's broken and burning pain now... it's been getting steadily worse in the last couple of days... is this SPD? What do you recommend for releiving it?!

Anywho, off to bed now, DH catching up on the Tour de France (who said the sport was over?! I have a man still obsessed with cycling - and cricket!)

Night all xx :sleep:

WOW, sounds like you've had a fabulous day. You must be shattered all that fresh air x

I usually end up doing it when my ironing basket starts to overflow, I hate ironing.
Going to keep on top of it tho now! I keep saying it, but this time I will!
:happydance: OH got the job and start's tomorrow :D

I rarely iron!!! luckily DH is a farmer so no need to iron his work shirts :)
Congrats on your OH's job!!! Fab news!

Afternoon ladies I have managed to get a few hours sleep this afternoon and kept down some chicken soup, so feeling a tad brighter :)

Glad to hear you're feeling better hun :hugs:

No worries mrs p, I just wanted everyone to be up there! Plus I love love love seeing that number grow!!!!! Can't wait to add mine up there.

Well mrs p, today is your lucky day, I am off to pack my hospital bag... as much of it as possible anyway, I'll report back later. lol.

Get packing, you're full-term!!!!

Well i've just cooked a homemade curry. Cheated and brought nann bread but now i can't move i'm that full. However i gotta move as we have ran out of nearly everything. the fridge looks like it's owned by tiny tim! So off to Asda for me or make it exciting and go tesco!!!! lol.

xxx

Oh that sounds so gooooood! I love curry it's my fav :) Might make some for dinner now!

EUUURRRRGH!!!!!! Just puked BIG TIME!!!!!!!!
I am gutted, I made homemade chicken and vegetable pies for dinner and fluuffy mashed spuds and gravy! It was LUSH!!! then within half an hour It was all back for a second round! and it was certainly not as pleasent that time!
Feeling very sorry for myself now! fell asleep briefly when I'd put Riley to bed, then woke up witha stinking headache and stabbing pains in my "lady bits" arrgh!

Hubby has gone off to get me some lucozade bless him to perk me up x

Oh hun sorry you're not feeling well :hugs:

aawwwwwwww.......... sorry for those feeling icky... x

i feel really vacant................. like, braindead. this has happened once before. doc blamed it on my blood results. i cant describe it tho. i just feel...... nondescript.... just numb... nothing.... its really wierd

That's how I feel everyday now!!! :dohh:

:blush: well I just ate the chocolate...and the cookies Kev bought (he's going to kill me)

I think I might just put the kettle on for a brew but I'm sure its physically impossible for me to fit in a cream scone?!?! OMG I'm such a fat git!

This blinking baby makes me do nothing but eat LOL! Do they say the more you crave sweet things the more it is to be a girl?

Good choice on the chocolate...that's totally what I would have gone for!!! Actually I did have some lindtt chocolate truffles a few hours ago!!! :blush:

Hey, yet another FAR FAR TMI question from me lol!
Anyone had their discharge "drip" or "trickle" out??
Just been the loo and had some really loose watery stuff dribble out onto my leg as I stood up! I wiped it and its too thick in consistency to be wee or water!
when I looked in the loo it had dripped into the toilet basin too!

I have had a lot of discharge this preg but never been quite as copious as this! according to the hosp My swab was clear for infection! just wondering ladies!

I am sorry for over sharing on the TMI posts from me! I seem to be FULL of embarrassing questions lately! lol

Mercy mine is like that all the time! I hate it but I hate wearing pads more so I just change my undies like 5 times a day! haha sorry for tmi!!

Hi ya ladies, how you all doing ?

I had a very convincing false labour walking round the supermarket today, DH was looking very worried :haha:. It was really painful though, I was getting pains every 5 mins that I had to breath through. As soon as I got home and had a sit down they went away so guessing a nasty case of Braxton hicks.

xx

oooh false labour...things are getting interesting around here!!!

As for me, I'm feeling pretty good lately, been getting lots of nesting done around here...tomorrow is my doctor's appointment...too many appointments if you ask me! I don't like having to go once a week, plus I have to get the group b test tomorrow :( oh well!!!

Sounds like everyone on this thread is just about ready to have their little ones!! I know I am :D

Good luck with your appointment

Well you've started packing :happydance:

:yipee: for 1cm, great things are going in the right direction.

dont worry about rushing to get everything done, you may still have loads of time on your side.

I spent 5 days being 3cm which I knew of, had a sweep and was still induced :dohh:

Good luck xx

AFM - mum is back today, she normally comes Tuesdays. I'm supposed to be cleaning the paint work but quite frankly cant be arsed.

Window cleaner should be coming, loads he has to do here today but what with the rain I doubt he'll be here.

Want to pop to the local curtain shop to see if the can make some tie backs for the nursery. I've taken some pics will upload in a bit. They arent very good as there is not enough room in there to stand back and get it all in.

:happydance: Melissa for being 1cm dilated! Thats great news!

Just walked down to the nursery and dropped Jacob off, bloody knackered now!

AND......

36 weeks today :wohoo::headspin::yipee:

Hope everyone and bumps are ok x

i forgot to update my cousin sorry hunny it was good news well the blood clot is shrinking and has moved away from baby it's still there and doc has said she may still bleed but it's unlikely to be baby but to still get checked out asap so good news but not out of woods yet she has a scan on the 17th if she doesn't have a bleed before then she also got a lil pic so she is made up bless her

i had a early night :sleep: and slept right through my pelvis is hurting today i'm gonna try and be a busy bee today and hoover the cars out if rain holds off and repack my case as i feel it's the law to check it twice lol

mercy hope your feeling better hunny sicky booo's

kelly 9 1cm is heading in the right direction i wish they would check me and see what i am my sis had a lil bleed so had it checked out and was 1-2cm for 3 weeks went to 3cm then closed back to 1cm again she was well pissed she still had her at 39 weeks tho so all movement is good practice for cervix opening up :hugs:

mrsp woodwork are you mad all that bending and stretching oh no dear chillax hun

hi hwm..dont know if you know but im a severe spd sufferer..and plz get it checked or some physio..its horrible.and yes it sounds like its coming on,its caused by everything opening and softening for childbirth,as this is my 2nd dose of it(had it with my daughter)im slightley damaged in my pelvis and will recieve physio after bubs is born to.Keep legs together as much as poss and take it easy.there are support belts you can get and the physician may offer a supportive belt to keep everything in place.theres an spd support thread in pregnancy club you may find interesting..
hope it doesnt get any worse for you hun
xx

I have a sacroiliac support belt, would that do any good do you think? I'm not due to see MW until tomorrow week...

Well middle of last night I woke to pee (nothing unusual there) and remembered that the baby monitor was still in the garden from our BBQ last night!! Given the propensity to rain here I went to rescue it on a moonlit flit to the garden - glad no-one saw me in my lovely shortie jammies with t-shirt that doesn't meet the bottoms any more!!

Chilling on the sofa, need to pack some lunch then we're heading out for a playdate, but not sure I have the energy :( Don't want to stay in the house all day with Charlotte though, that'll be even harder work!

Anyone heard from Guppy recently?

Morning all....

has anyone heard off aimee??? She doesn't seem to have been on here for ages!

It was lovely being in bed last night. Even though i woke a few times in the night for the loo, it was lovely and cold so could dive back into bed and snuggle the duvet round me! Was bliss i tells ya!

Not much change for me this morning, no appointments this week so just going to relax before the madness starts next week. Got my friend coming round later for a gossip then if i time it just right i can go in the bath and be ready to be hoisted out when Mart comes home!

xxx

hello do you mind if i join? i have been wanting to join a group that is in my due month.
erm heres abit of a background on me. :) im due 23rd August. im expecting a boy. hes my first too. we already have a name picked for him, it was picked before i even got pregnant, we had one for each gender. i found out i was pregnant 2 days before christmas, so that was such a good present. :) im 21 years old, im 22 on friday (16th). i dont have plans to celebrate it though as theres not much i can do really because i have a wedding to pay for, which is on 24th of this month. :happydance: im so excited but nervous too. me and my fiance live with my mum, as she will be at the birth and will be there to help me out if i need anything. this might seem strange but it actually works for us all because she gives me advice about pregnancy/baby things, she's always there when i need to ask questions about things, etc, but most of all we help her out mainly because she suffers alot with her back and joints which means she needs help sometimes, she doesnt have a partner (they recently split) and im the youngest child so basically im the last one to help her, none of my sisters or my brother will help her so im proud to say that i do. well anyway, other than that, i have 2 pets....my cat is 17months old, hes called Dinx, ive had him since he was 8weeks old and my puppy is 11weeks old, hes called Buster, ive only had him for 3-4weeks. theyre crazy little things, always chasing one-another, and its so cute to watch them play.

well im going to leave it there. im not feeling too good lately, i mainly come online to check mail, etc, so i might not get back to people quickly, but i will always reply eventually.
im going to go rest up some more, i think ive written abit of an essay :haha: ..... ooops. :blush: hope to speak to you all soon. take care. x

hi hwm..dont know if you know but im a severe spd sufferer..and plz get it checked or some physio..its horrible.and yes it sounds like its coming on,its caused by everything opening and softening for childbirth,as this is my 2nd dose of it(had it with my daughter)im slightley damaged in my pelvis and will recieve physio after bubs is born to.Keep legs together as much as poss and take it easy.there are support belts you can get and the physician may offer a supportive belt to keep everything in place.theres an spd support thread in pregnancy club you may find interesting..
hope it doesnt get any worse for you hun
xx

I have a sacroiliac support belt, would that do any good do you think? I'm not due to see MW until tomorrow week...

hi hun..is that belt to help with your back and lower spine..if so i would say it was ok as spd hits the spine and the nerves(sciatica)..i would ask your doc though or midwife..you can self refer now at your local hos for physio regarding spd..so that may be an option
xx

hello do you mind if i join? i have been wanting to join a group that is in my due month.
erm heres abit of a background on me. :) im due 23rd August. im expecting a boy. hes my first too. we already have a name picked for him, it was picked before i even got pregnant, we had one for each gender. i found out i was pregnant 2 days before christmas, so that was such a good present. :) im 21 years old, im 22 on friday (16th). i dont have plans to celebrate it though as theres not much i can do really because i have a wedding to pay for, which is on 24th of this month. :happydance: im so excited but nervous too. me and my fiance live with my mum, as she will be at the birth and will be there to help me out if i need anything. this might seem strange but it actually works for us all because she gives me advice about pregnancy/baby things, she's always there when i need to ask questions about things, etc, but most of all we help her out mainly because she suffers alot with her back and joints which means she needs help sometimes, she doesnt have a partner (they recently split) and im the youngest child so basically im the last one to help her, none of my sisters or my brother will help her so im proud to say that i do. well anyway, other than that, i have 2 pets....my cat is 17months old, hes called Dinx, ive had him since he was 8weeks old and my puppy is 11weeks old, hes called Buster, ive only had him for 3-4weeks. theyre crazy little things, always chasing one-another, and its so cute to watch them play.

well im off now, think ive written abit of an essay.....oops. :blush: hope to speak to you all soon. take care. x

welcome hun..congrats on your pregnancy and reaching so far
xxx

well im off now, think ive written abit of an essay.....oops. :blush: hope to speak to you all soon. take care. x

Hello, welcome :D
I know what you mean about your pet's being crazy! I have 2cat's about same age of your's and there mental :/

I'v just been in the room that's going to be the nursery and got so upset that it's still bare plaster :( I want to get thing's set up int here properly now! and not have to rumage through everything when I want to put stuff away :( Why can't my OH understand that even tho Henry will be in our room for a few month's, I still want his nursery finishing before he's born! Then I can put him down in there in the day time :growlmad:

well im going to leave it there. im not feeling too good lately, i mainly come online to check mail, etc, so i might not get back to people quickly, but i will always reply eventually.
im going to go rest up some more, i think ive written abit of an essay :haha: ..... ooops. :blush: hope to speak to you all soon. take care. x

Welcome to August Babies ! :) Getting quite close for us now isn't it ! :happydance:

Morning ladies :)

I managed to sleep from 10pm last night till 9am this morning :happydance: I feel much better, still have a runny nose and sore throat but I can cope with them far more now. Isnt it amazing what sleep can do?

Have my growth scan and consultant app this afternoon keep your fingers crossed they listen to me ladies and hopefully consider an earlier induction :thumbup:

good luck Lliena!! fx for you!!..i have my sweep at 2pm im sooo scared..im a wimp really
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->