****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

lliena, LOVE the pics! I think dark coloured cots are so lovely!
I have had SUCH a chilled out morning, which is good as I felt like crap when I got up haha!
Riley took himself off to bed after breakfast telling me he was "too chilly" haha, its raining like mad here and is considerably cooler than its been lately!
So I took the opportunity to sit in the lounge in my Pj's and got the duvet down and watched a bit of trashy TV! then me and the wee man had a nice long shower, just waitin on the hubby to wander home for a spot of lunch now!

Baby is wriggling and kicking about like crazy in there this morning, but I think his/her head might be further down as some of the movements are sending, what feel like, electric shocks through my pelvis and down into my "lady bits".

Other than these occasional pains I am doing quite well today lol! starting to feel like my body is gearing up towards the big day tho! although I am betting bubs gets too comfy in there and ends up being evicted 2 weeks overdue or somethin haha!

Hope everyone is having a good day
Nikki x x

Still nothing from Carolyn, she's not been on since 9pm and fb about the same.

Woop woop could we have another bubba coming?

carolyn has no internet at the moment lol. baby is still happily stuck in there at the moment!!

she should be back up and running again later in the week though!

Lovely nurseries MrsP and Lliena! :flower: I took some pics of ours this morning and am waiting for DH to upload and send 'em to me. We were talking about staining our crib to match the rest of the furniture (which is a mish mash, but all pretty much the same colour) but we want to do a bit of research to make sure we get an ok stain that won't harm the baby if he decides to om nom it. The only other thing we are waiting on is a new rug, one of our friends said she bought one but hasn't actually given it to us yet.

Thanks ladies for the sympathy and suggestions. :hugs: I asked DH last night if he would be ok with checking stuff off a list and he said if it made me feel better he would do it, so I will make a list. And we did get a crib, we had already picked out the "back-up" crib because I am so anal! If I am relying on someone else I always have a back-up plan just in case.

I'm in pain too! My hip and my foof are acting up! And (TMI WARNING) last night DH and I were DTD and he definitely noticed some changes down there... extra cm and he said "it feels different". :shrug:

I'll be back in a bit, off to troll the other threads (and wait for my pics!).

:hugs:

Hi everyone!

All the nurseries are looking fantastic! Will have to take some pictures of mine and put them on!

Been to the hospital this morning for a check up and my blood pressure is great and everything seems fine. Might just be me but prefer to see my community midwife - I feel like she knows what shes doing better than the registrars at the hospital, I always feel like I've got to tell them that I'm having a baby and why I'm there?!

Went to drop Kev's sleep stuff at his station today and we checked his rota and with all his leave and paternity he's put in he's only working 2 days and 2 nights till 4th Sept!!!:happydance: That's so cool...so Mrs P I'm copying you and starting a list :haha: Although I'll prob want to kill him in a week!

Also nipped to the shops today and got some lovely dresses for my holiday next week and some bits for Kev and Jacob!

Hope ladies and bumps are ok!

Lou x

ill have to take some of lolas little bit too..... x

im jst bout to go to taco bell in lakeside :)

my friends waters broke last night at 8.30pm but shes had no pains or anything, she has to go to the hospital at 8.30 tonight and decided she wants food first !! so were taking all 3 kids !! scary shit lol x and ill have to drive her to hospital if she goes into labour. fun fun fun !!

oh n i have to back for 7 for tesco delivery lol

god i love keeping myself occupied !!! x

Ick is anyone else feeling constantly nauseous atm? Its driving me mad my tummy just feels really uneasy and horrid!

thanks for the welcome ladies. :D been having some mild "period" like aches the past couple of days, i spoke to my mum and she said it might just be where baby is getting engaged. hes got lower too. i see the midwife tomorrow so i will see what she has to say. has anyone ever had those kind of feelings and it not been early stages of labour? x

I am loving all the nursery pics. I am waiting for the new carpet in my nursery to be done so, then it will be done:happydance:

I have been getting shooting pains in my foof for over a week just at night though whilst I am trying to get into a good position to sleep not easy when its been so hot and suffering with carpul tunnel as well. I also think my body is beginning to get ready to start. I have had increased white/milky discharge and also some egg white streatchy cm too! Also, (sorry if TMI)my bowel movements have changed. They have gone from me being quite constipated where I have needed fibregel and only going every couple of days to, every day and alot looser! Could be the beginning of something what do you girls think?

Sounds like things are definately going in the right direction :happydance:

Just wanted to stop by ladies, see how you're all going :)

I'm sitting here eating a bucket of Sarah Lee Rocky Road Icecream cause DH was sweet enough to take a drive to get me some....LoL...I feel so spoilt...Now I'm going to curl up on the couch and watch a few episodes of Supernatural Season 5 that I've been saving until my leave started!!!

Ooo sounds yummy.

My hip's not hurting anymore :D now I'v done some cleaning, just got to hoover the living room now and sweep the kitchen floor and that's 2rooms done!
Im dying to get my dining room done, but it's still full of crap so not much point :( I want to sit at the table to eat :mad: and I can't get the hoover upstair's to do our bedroom, so that's got to wait aswel :/

Sounds like you have had a productive day.

I have to wait for Si to get home so I can hoover upstairs just so I can get it up there.

Morning ladies Im feeling much brighter today :D

Loving all the nursery pics atm! Not sure If i have shared mine a while back or not but here goes ours. Its I Love My Bear theme from babies r us:

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/somekinda-freak/nursery%20pics/DSCF0002.jpg

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/somekinda-freak/nursery%20pics/DSCF0003.jpg

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/somekinda-freak/nursery%20pics/DSCF0012-1.jpg

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/somekinda-freak/nursery%20pics/DSCF0010-1.jpg

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/somekinda-freak/nursery%20pics/DSCF0018.jpg

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/somekinda-freak/nursery%20pics/DSCF0007.jpg

We bought the toy box and already had the unit and then stained them to match the colour of the cot. I have stickarounds on the walls but they dont show up too well in pics for some reason and we have a poster above the door that says "All because two people fell in love".
I need to get some curtains and a nice lampshade and I think its then pretty much done :D

:thumbup::thumbup:

Just a thought on Carolyn she might just be busy as Claire (her friend) went up this week? Though would be good if it was :baby:

Sorry crashing here :blush:

Hey stranger how are you? xx

Lovely nurseries MrsP and Lliena! :flower: I took some pics of ours this morning and am waiting for DH to upload and send 'em to me. We were talking about staining our crib to match the rest of the furniture (which is a mish mash, but all pretty much the same colour) but we want to do a bit of research to make sure we get an ok stain that won't harm the baby if he decides to om nom it. The only other thing we are waiting on is a new rug, one of our friends said she bought one but hasn't actually given it to us yet.

Thanks ladies for the sympathy and suggestions. :hugs: I asked DH last night if he would be ok with checking stuff off a list and he said if it made me feel better he would do it, so I will make a list. And we did get a crib, we had already picked out the "back-up" crib because I am so anal! If I am relying on someone else I always have a back-up plan just in case.

I'm in pain too! My hip and my foof are acting up! And (TMI WARNING) last night DH and I were DTD and he definitely noticed some changes down there... extra cm and he said "it feels different". :shrug:

I'll be back in a bit, off to troll the other threads (and wait for my pics!).

Honestly the list is a god send, I wrote Si a new one this morning, unless he is lying he quite likes having it too, not that he likes having jobs to do but then he knows what I want to be done and he just works away at it.

Hi everyone!

All the nurseries are looking fantastic! Will have to take some pictures of mine and put them on!

Been to the hospital this morning for a check up and my blood pressure is great and everything seems fine. Might just be me but prefer to see my community midwife - I feel like she knows what shes doing better than the registrars at the hospital, I always feel like I've got to tell them that I'm having a baby and why I'm there?!

Went to drop Kev's sleep stuff at his station today and we checked his rota and with all his leave and paternity he's put in he's only working 2 days and 2 nights till 4th Sept!!!:happydance: That's so cool...so Mrs P I'm copying you and starting a list :haha: Although I'll prob want to kill him in a week!

Also nipped to the shops today and got some lovely dresses for my holiday next week and some bits for Kev and Jacob!

Hope ladies and bumps are ok!

Lou x

Excellent news with Kev Lou, how great has that worked out.

Get working on the list its a great help. The only thing Si finds is I've normally added by the time he goes back to it :haha::haha:

ill have to take some of lolas little bit too..... x

im jst bout to go to taco bell in lakeside :)

my friends waters broke last night at 8.30pm but shes had no pains or anything, she has to go to the hospital at 8.30 tonight and decided she wants food first !! so were taking all 3 kids !! scary shit lol x and ill have to drive her to hospital if she goes into labour. fun fun fun !!

oh n i have to back for 7 for tesco delivery lol

god i love keeping myself occupied !!! x

Are you mad woman? You wanna be careful the stress dont put you into labour, then you'll be stuck. But have your dinner first :haha:

As for me just chilling. Had a friend in today for lunch with her little boy and I have been looking after my friends little boy whilst she went to work.

We took them and the dog for a walk, gave them their lunch and then it was their bed time, so they have been angels.

Just me and E until Si gets home.

Had a dodge night last night, pains and all sorts and a loose bum!! :blush: Thought it might have been the start of something although I told baby to stay put as tens machine hadnt arrived. But then this morning mum called first thing to say she couldnt sleep last night, kept thinking things were going to kick off an waiting for me to call, then the postman delivered my tens this morning and I have been randy as hell today which I havent been for months, wonder if its an eviction sign. Alternatively I'm loosing the plot!! :haha:

YIKES....just got back from my appointment with my OB/GYN....and he has told me the baby is already engaged!! AHH!! is it to early!!??!! I'm soooo NOT ready yet!! Haven't even gathered up stuff for hospital bag...I guess I should be getting my bum in gear and getting ready incase Baby Girl decides to make an early appearance. The OB/GYN said if I went into labour they would let me progress naturally and not try to stop things....He said Baby should be absolutly fine at this point............ahhh!! I'm not ready!!!!!

Lovely nurseries ladies! :thumbup: I'm getting mine finished up this weekend and will post a picture when it's completed :thumbup:

Hope your all doing well today!

MrsP Mum's are usually spot on so I'd be calling the Ten machine place and putting a speed up on it. LOL

Since coming back to work full time I'm dragging arse :dohh: I could so easily take a nap at any time through out the day and not think twice about it.:nope:

I have been suffering from carpal tunnel as well, can anyone tell me why with this pregnancy that it's kicking in and is it the norm?

Hope your all having a wonderful HUMP DAY!!!!

My hip's not hurting anymore :D now I'v done some cleaning, just got to hoover the living room now and sweep the kitchen floor and that's 2rooms done!
Im dying to get my dining room done, but it's still full of crap so not much point :( I want to sit at the table to eat :mad: and I can't get the hoover upstair's to do our bedroom, so that's got to wait aswel :/

Sounds like you have had a productive day.

I have to wait for Si to get home so I can hoover upstairs just so I can get it up there.

yup that's why i'v not done our bedroom! Mike need's to take me the hoover upstair's, but i'm not doing it today now :( my back and feet ache from doing some painting for someone else!!
Who didn't even want to come up and help :mad: i was only ment to be going to get out the house, and ended up painting. I have said, I'll do some more painting when it need's doing. As it's really helping the mum, who is disabled and having to do it all her self. Get's me out the house to, not doing it for the lass, just the mum, so she doesn't have to do as much!

Even now I'm on mat leave I can't keep up with this thread :haha:

Evening ladies, hope you are all doing well - loving the nursery pics everyone they are lovely!!!! :flower:

We have mega rain and thunder here tonight which is quite nice as it is cooler for the hot fat pregno lady :haha:

Had a lovely day off with DH today and he has bought me a lovely charm bracelet, and his parents got me some vouchers for passing my test hooray for shopping!

Lucy - I don't know what car I'm getting!!! Any suggestions ladies????

Any more babies on the horizon? It is scaring me silly :haha:

Hi girls! :wave:
Had our birth center tour last night. It was better than I expected! :)

Can someone set me straight on two things?

1.) RRLT - when do you start? How much do you drink? How often? I've read mixed reviews and I'm just not sure. :shrug: everyone starts at different weeks and I just dint know when to :shrug:

2.) TMI- but is anyone else going to attempt to stretch your "area" with oils and whatnot to prevent tearing during delivery? How do you do this? What do you use? And how often?

You would be ok to start RRLT now with one cup and build it up each week till your on 4-5 a day :)

Afm had another melt down earlier, cant seem to stop crying this week sure James is fed up of me cos im sure as hell fed up of myself! In good news though we went to dunelm mill and managed to get a pink blackout blind in the sale for £7 for babies room and a pink lampshade for £5 which means I now have everything for the nursery yey! :happydance:

Hey everyone!
If I had the balls to write this as my facebook status i would but thought I'd share whats pee'd me off today with you guys!

NIKKI- Is TIRED.....yes thats why I look tired! STOP TELLING ME I DO! I am fully aware! I look tired becasue I AM GROWING A PERSON!!!! OK!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!!

LOL I got told I looked "ROUGH" and "TIRED" a lot today.... Can you tell lmao!

Ok ladies, don't know what is happening with page 715 but for some reason I can't get it to open for more then a couple of seconds...it's probably a work computer issue...we do use IE 6. :shrug:

I will catch up on the posts after, sorry. I wanted to finally get my nursery pics up. I love love LOVE our bedding, it's made of bamboo (with some cotton) so it is SUPER soft and I think it is very cute. Anyway here is our nursery, do you think we should stain the crib to match the other stuff?

EDITED TO REMOVE tiny PICTURES :haha:

damn, don't know what happened there....let's try again :blush:

Much better, sorry. :blush:

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 4
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 4
Danielle, body aches suck, glad your hip has loosened up!!
Shmoo I went from constipated to diarrhea for a week a few weeks back - I'm bunged up again now... No apparent reason!
Philly, could you get out to watch a matinee at the cinema? That's something I really enjoyed on maternity leave last time :) (doesn't work now that I have Charlotte in tow!)
Lliena, love your nursery! I'm going shopping for curtain fabric with my mum tomorrow and she's doing the curtains :) I love the big bear stickers on the nappy wrapper and everything!
NeyNey, icecream sounds good!!
Jasmak, come and chat, I like reading your posts on other threads :)
Lou, nice one on DH's hours!!
MrsP, I couldn't cope with someone elses child as well at the minute, fair play to you!! Glad your TENS is here,
Lovin_it, get your bag packed!! Although remember babies can pop in and out of being engaged...
Guppy, I've been taking RLT capsules (400mg) since 32 weeks, started one a day, adding another one daily, so I'm up to 6 a day now at 37 weeks... although MW today said not to start them before 36 weeks - oops! Also did perineal massage last time - haven't started it yet this time, but probably should - google it, there's lots of good advice :)

As for me, Charlotte free day today, so had active birth workshop at the hospital which was really good, treated myself to lunch out, then went to view our photos from session last week - they were of course all gorgeous, but SO expensive - £325 was the cheapest package she offered me, but I got 2 5x7s with my voucher plus £25, so quite chuffed with that - won't get them for 8 weeks though!

Random question now, well sort of, at the active birth workshop they were talking about optimum fetal positioning - eg, upright, forwards, not lying back on sofa (my normal pose when on laptop) knees lower than hips etc... so just wondering how you're all sitting when you're online!? I've tried on the ball tonight with laptop on a pillow on my knee, sort of OK for 10 mins, then with laptop on sofa and me leaning over the edge of that kneeling on floor - nothing quite comfy, but don't want to be encouraging baby back to back for the sake of being online!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->