****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

no nursery corner pics yet

but here me right now.. minus the head haha... 36 weeks 4 days x

Attachments

• Photo 614.jpg
    Photo 614.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2
Random question now, well sort of, at the active birth workshop they were talking about optimum fetal positioning - eg, upright, forwards, not lying back on sofa (my normal pose when on laptop) knees lower than hips etc... so just wondering how you're all sitting when you're online!? I've tried on the ball tonight with laptop on a pillow on my knee, sort of OK for 10 mins, then with laptop on sofa and me leaning over the edge of that kneeling on floor - nothing quite comfy, but don't want to be encouraging baby back to back for the sake of being online!!

I normally sit on my ball and rock and have my laptop on a little table in front of me or to side of me so I can use it, as I dont feel comfy sitting on couch anymore as my ribs are so sore from bean :)

Ooh lliena, I love dunelm mill we got a blue blackout blind from there for ours! :thumbup:

Aww mercy I hate when ppl say that - do they not realise?????? I am doing well with it at the mo, since I finished for mat leave last week ppl are telling me I don't look 'as rough as I did before' :rofl:

Foosh lovely nursery! I probably wouldn't stain it either :thumbup:

Lucy now you are worrying me about being online :rofl: I sit on the sofa....with my feet not under me now I'm a fatty but sort of up and bent :dohh:

Mumma - very nice please stop looking so glam :haha: :flower: :flower:

Blatently need to go and think of a good way to sit on the laptop now...........:haha:

Random question now, well sort of, at the active birth workshop they were talking about optimum fetal positioning - eg, upright, forwards, not lying back on sofa (my normal pose when on laptop) knees lower than hips etc... so just wondering how you're all sitting when you're online!? I've tried on the ball tonight with laptop on a pillow on my knee, sort of OK for 10 mins, then with laptop on sofa and me leaning over the edge of that kneeling on floor - nothing quite comfy, but don't want to be encouraging baby back to back for the sake of being online!!

I normally sit on my ball and rock and have my laptop on a little table in front of me or to side of me so I can use it, as I dont feel comfy sitting on couch anymore as my ribs are so sore from bean :)

yeah i think i need a table of some sort as with it on my knee really wasn't do-able for any length of time... will have to see what's in the attic - we stashed a load of furniture up there that was here when we moved in and I remember some small tables :) thanks!

tesco made me cry :cry:

i went to lakeside with my friend, got home for my tesco delivery due 7-9 i was all of 5 whole minutes late..... waited til 9... had to put ella to bed in a new born nappy as i didnt see the point in spending more money at lakeside than i already spent on tesco this morning £60....... poor ella has nappy rash from being in the emergencys all day :( so is covered in sudocream with a newborn nappy !!! done up at one side !!!!!!! and vest holding it on.... its poor...... i called tesco to see what happened n she said i was 1st on the drivers list and he arrived to my house at 6.40 !!!

thats not fair :'( she cant book me in til 7-9pm tomoro night ......

im so angry, my poor ella... im really pissed off..... i called my mum tryin to see if shed go n get nappies for us n shes painting her ceiling which is a crap excuse ! if i drove id have both kids in the car by now !!! its actually really upset me :'(

mum just blamed it on my friend for wanting to go lakeside at such an inconvenient time !!!!!! the girl was tryin to take her mind off the fact that shes in labour !!

urgh... im not happy now ... at alll :cry:

Are you kidding?! Call them back up and go fricking BARMY. You booked it for 7-9 so arriving before 7 isn't your problem!! xx

the delivery driver obviously wanted to be home coz by the time i called n complained 9pm on the dot... hed already dropped the shopping back to the store n gone home !! that shouldnt be allowed !! he should have still been out delivering... and the last delivery van had already left by 9 so they couldnt put my shopping on there..... so not impressed :(

Evening ladies, been a while since I posted in here, I do pop in for a nosey every now and then tho! lol :blush:
Had a growth scan today and the sonographer was just finishing his training so was very thorough. Everything is great with bubs, he is very low although not engaged, he is number 4 tho so I am not surprised. All measurements were either side of the "average" line so according to my hubby he is going to be short and fat with a big head! (just like his daddy!), to be fair he has feet the size of a TRex so I am glad his head is coming first :haha:
Estimated weight was 6lb 9 oz so hopefully he will think about moving out very soon! My eldest was 6lb 7 at 41 weeks so they will probably hear me from the next town! And the other 2 were 3 lb and 3 lb 2, prem tho so not really much to compare with there!
Anyway off to see if hubby has finished watching the Ateam movie, what is it with men and explosions? lol
Sorry for the essay ladies!

Mercy I bet you just want to murder people when they say that....:gun: you should tell them that whilst pregnant you can get away with it!! And :wohoo:
for being on the final box!

Lucy, the last time I moved faster was about 8 months ago and minus the baby weight! I'm currently sat on my ball with the laptop on the couch and intend on doing anything computer related like this from now on...thank you :thumbup: No back to back baby for me thank you very much!!

Danielle you need to slow down! I know your friend might need some help, but you've got enough DIY at home to contend with by the sound of things! Be careful!

We've had thunder and lightening here tonight, love a good storm but it just didn't seem to last long enough! Had some sharp pulsing like pains in my stomach before which took my breath away but its all settled down now.

Had big row with my mum, isn't it that you usually end up being at battleheads with your MIL? My MIL is like my mum and my mum is like my MIL...I even had to ask Kev to give me support against my mum. She's such an interfering busy body at times and makes me sooooooo mad! ARGH!!!

Hope everyone and bumps are fine

Lou x

i went to lakeside with my friend, got home for my tesco delivery due 7-9 i was all of 5 whole minutes late..... waited til 9... had to put ella to bed in a new born nappy as i didnt see the point in spending more money at lakeside than i already spent on tesco this morning £60....... poor ella has nappy rash from being in the emergencys all day :( so is covered in sudocream with a newborn nappy !!! done up at one side !!!!!!! and vest holding it on.... its poor...... i called tesco to see what happened n she said i was 1st on the drivers list and he arrived to my house at 6.40 !!!

im so angry, my poor ella... im really pissed off..... i called my mum tryin to see if shed go n get nappies for us n shes painting her ceiling which is a crap excuse ! if i drove id have both kids in the car by now !!! its actually really upset me :'(

mum just blamed it on my friend for wanting to go lakeside at such an inconvenient time !!!!!! the girl was tryin to take her mind off the fact that shes in labour !!

I'd put a complaint in! and try get a refund for your delivery at least!

Danielle you need to slow down! I know your friend might need some help, but you've got enough DIY at home to contend with by the sound of things! Be careful!

I can't do anything at home until the nursery is wall papered :( unless I re paint the living room, as the paint seem's to be going funny in there :( I can't just sit all day and once i'v done cleaning in the morning I have nothing else to do :(

Oh BOOOOOO to Tesco! I would kick off hun, or at leats E mail their customer services! it might be worth your while, maybe some vouchers at least! I think its off when the delivery guys come before they're supposed to!
I have had it happen a lot but have always luckily been home! you picked that slot for a reason! STOOPID TESCO!!!!!

Thought I would also share my nursery pics as it's finally complete and I'm very proud!!! :D

Attachments

• IMGP1315.jpg
    IMGP1315.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMGP1316.jpg
    IMGP1316.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP1323.jpg
    IMGP1323.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP1324.jpg
    IMGP1324.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMGP1326.jpg
    IMGP1326.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 4
Love your bedding foosh foosh! So cute

Melissa i love your nursery to! I kept meaning to ask you what brand and colour did you get the stain mix in for your change table? I am thinking of staining my rocking chair so it matches.

Hi everyone else! SOrry to much to catch up on! I am shattered from hospital shift today. Ultra sound tomorrow morning!

Morning all, I have been up since 5.30am cleaning, James came down at 7am and just looked at me perplexed :haha:

Nice nurseries ladies and Mumma you should def ring/email them and complain, silly tescos!

just woke up, my friend still isnt havin contractions./.... her waters broke a day n a half ago now n shes in the hospital..... bless her x

anyway, woke up late so missed my mum to take hj to nursery :( dammit. now hav to tidy up b4 midwife arrives........ grrrrreeeeeeaaaaaatttttttt x

here another pic from yesterday... to cheer me up lol x

Attachments

• 36wks4dys.jpg
    36wks4dys.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
OH my goodness! ANOTHER shattered morning then lol! I woke up at 5am Ish, and went for my ususal pee trip! then couldnt manage to get back off to sleep! It took me about 2 hours to fall asleep in the first place so I reckon I have had maybe 3 hours sleep max!
Grrrr! I dont function on this little sleep without about 10 cans of Red bull haha! and I am thinking thats not the best idea unless I want Baby B rocketting out as High as a kite hahaha!

So I am thinking treat myself to ONE bottle of Lucozade maybe, and hopefully I will manage a snooze SOMEWHERE in the day before bed time!

I have a quick ????? for you ladies?
I noticed yesterday that I have a point at the top of my bump that is really painful, it feels like a pinprick or being stabbed!
When I had a prod, I can feel a little whole in my abdominal wall, like as if the muscle has ripped???? It feels like an extra belly button under the skin! (best way I could think to describe it). Has anyone else experienced this???

It feels really odd, its like a little circle and when I press into it I can feel its quite a deep gap?

Just spotted I hit the final box on my ticker! :happydance:

:yipee:

I'd so get on the phone and complain merry hell, it you wanted it before 7pm then you would have booked an earlier delivery slot. I have tbh they have always been very good when I've complained.

Although a pain in the bum you maybe able tog et some money off for a free delivery or something.

I hate sudocream, it blocks the poors have you tried bepathan? Its much more expensive but super fantastic and works so quickly.

Mercy I bet you just want to murder people when they say that....:gun: you should tell them that whilst pregnant you can get away with it!! And :wohoo:
for being on the final box!

Lucy, the last time I moved faster was about 8 months ago and minus the baby weight! I'm currently sat on my ball with the laptop on the couch and intend on doing anything computer related like this from now on...thank you :thumbup: No back to back baby for me thank you very much!!

We've had thunder and lightening here tonight, love a good storm but it just didn't seem to last long enough! Had some sharp pulsing like pains in my stomach before which took my breath away but its all settled down now.

Had big row with my mum, isn't it that you usually end up being at battleheads with your MIL? My MIL is like my mum and my mum is like my MIL...I even had to ask Kev to give me support against my mum. She's such an interfering busy body at times and makes me sooooooo mad! ARGH!!!

Hope everyone and bumps are fine

Lou x

Boo to mum Lou, thats crappy. Not the time you need to have added stress is it? Can it be sorted? xxx

Thought I would also share my nursery pics as it's finally complete and I'm very proud!!! :D

:thumbup::thumbup:

just woke up, my friend still isnt havin contractions./.... her waters broke a day n a half ago now n shes in the hospital..... bless her x

anyway, woke up late so missed my mum to take hj to nursery :( dammit. now hav to tidy up b4 midwife arrives........ grrrrreeeeeeaaaaaatttttttt x

here another pic from yesterday... to cheer me up lol x

hope :baby: keep you all waiting too long xx

AFM - Just the norm. Waiting in this mroning for the carpet man to come and laid the new carpet for the landing and stairs and then baby group this afternoon.

Can you believe no hw to do!! Just need to stay on top of it all so all good for me. I litterally have no cupboard left to unturn, oh what to do now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->