****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

I cant believe 9 august babies have been born already!! I want mine *cry cry*
xx

midwife jst left, all fun n games in this householldd...

blood pressure was 145/90 she said its been getting higher the past 3/4 weeks now.... babys heart rate is still 155 which is the ((higher end of normal)) but better than low as previous....

she could feel the new tear in my stomach.... SHE COULD FEEL IT.... that hurt i can tell ya that !!

she said the amount of stress she hears about from me im a definate candidate for an early induction.... if the pain in my stomach isnt feeling any better, my blood pressure remains high with the swellings i get in my feet n my dodgy blood results plus the dizzy / absentness ive experienced more often lately... if im not more 'normal' by next weeks appointment she'll book me to be induced at 39weeks. she said its probly the pain from the stomach tear mixed with blood pressure n low levels of pretty much everything in my blood lol thats causing me to have the black outs....... anyway, she said giving me the peace of mind of a definite date and to take the pressure and the pain away from muscles shes willing to book it in for july 31st.

i didnt know they could do this ! she must like me lol havnt told olly yet....... scary eh !! x

aaaaanndddd my best ffriend Leah had her bubba.... taliah lily leanne 11:11am weighing 7lb 14oz........ baby on antibiotics coz her waters broke over 24 hours before she had her tho... shes a right lickle chubba

Excellent hon that they are sorting you out and booking an induction, I was booked in on EDD with E for the same reason. Tell me again you at Queens or King Georges. Either way I think they are brilliant and the reviews are harsh considering.

Lliena - Mumma and I are under the same care unit between 2 hospitals, they are obviously much softer here or not prepared to take the chance. You go girl and give your mw what for!! xxx

Hello ladies!

Just giving news from the very first august baby to join us... 13 weeks early :dohh:

holywoodmum sorry didn`t see your post in the preemie section before - so I thought I would answer here :)

We`re doing ok... like any preemie it`s been a crazy rollercoaster of ups and downs. Some days he`s doing great and I feel bliss - others I feel like I`m stuck in some hellish nightmare that I can`t wake up from... some days we get only good news and I feel really depressed, in tears. Others I only get bad news and feel a strange peace and serenity. It`s like my mind just doesn`t know what to feel anymore heh.

Just thought I would share a few more recent pics - these are about a week ago. He`s 36 weeks in these. Or 9 weeks old depending how you count ;)

Overall he`s doing ok, still has cute blondish hair, and how has short awake periods every day where he just stares at the world around him in wonder. Of course for now this consists of the glass incubator and the beeps of machines but it`s nice to see him awake, looking about.

he can already turn his head, which is odd to see on a baby so small. he LOVES his soother, his sucks it so intensely it makes all the nurses laugh ;) He`s starting to have baby fat rolls and of course is the most adorable baby in the NICU, so the staff insist (haha as if they didn`t say that to all the parents ;)

He`s still way under size for his age, in the 3rd percentile, just under 2kg. That seems small until you recall how tiny he was at birth, 570g - he`s already tripled in size in two months :wacko:

His oxygen needs have dropped to 25% - that`s very good! Ambient air has 21% so we`re almost there. They`ve started weaning him off the breathing machine- scary! He`s now breathing on his own for 4 hours out of every 8. Of course during these weaning periods he still gets oxygen (you can see the tube going to his nose in the pics) but he`s breathing on his own yaay. But he`s been desaturating a lot more, and had two apnee/bradies today, after having none for over a week (preemie lingo for he`s getting tired and having difficulty breathing, his oxygen levels and heart rate drop) :( So he still needs a bit of help from the ventilator. And today they suspect he has yet another bladder infection. And of course he`s still yellow, jaundice these little guys often get as a reaction from being fed by iv for so long.

daddy holding him
https://nova.polymtl.ca/~miadel/vincent/36wdada.jpg

fully awake after his bath
https://nova.polymtl.ca/~miadel/vincent/36whee.png

aaand well the original pictures showing how far he`s come - for those who didn`t see them. Yep, believe it or not ladies this is the SAME baby. No really, I check his bracelet every day because I can`t believe it myself ;)

https://www.babyandbump.com/prematu...ip-very-important-preemie-25.html#post5821261

Wow hon, he sounds like he is coming on in leaps and bounds and looks amazing from your pics.

Thanks for sharing xx

OMG he is so cute! Glad to hear our first august baby is doing well!

Such a trooper hun! I'm glad you told us it was your hubby on the pic else i would of thought you had a very hairy chest!!! lol. He is gorgeous though hun x

shmoo, hope things are well with your dad. What is he playing at giving you a scare like that this late into your pregnancy. When he is better i would tell him off!!! x

Well me and Mart have been talking (as you do). I brought up the subject of having a c-section and wanted to know what he thought. Let me put in the pros and cons for me but tell me what you guys think please.

PRO
Book the actual date,
bubs is born within minutes,
Mart will defo be there so no chance of a crash c-section,
no messing about. In and out within the hour.

CON
it's an operation,
can do much afterwards,
Mart has to take over from me doing things,
can't drive,
may harm my chances to have a vbac for the next one...?

I don't know whether i'm just reaching the end and just want him out. I do want a natural birth but i'm so scared they will refuse to induce me due to not being ready. Plus what if it doesn't work???
I think i need a slap!!! Is this just normal fear???? HELP!!!!!

xxx

Lliena - Mumma and I are under the same care unit between 2 hospitals, they are obviously much softer here or not prepared to take the chance. You go girl and give your mw what for!! xxx

I have an appointment with her on Mon afternoon so Im gonna bring everything up then and see what she says.

Philly I think its normal to be feeling like that now, im sure they wont refuse your induction hun especilly based on your diabetes. Also personally id much rather give birth normally than have to go through the pain of healing from what actually is a pretty big op!

Philly - why do you want a c-section? Is it just fear of going into labour or, is there a medical reason? Personally for me, I am not scared of the labour and giving birth I know its going to hurt its the not knowing when it will all start that is the worst part for me.

Vermil - I am so glad your little boy is doing so well after being born 13wks early.

Well, my Dad has now been transferred from Basildon to Southend hospital and may be discharged home as early as tomorrow or, maybe Saturday.

My MW appointment went well my BP and wee is fine and I am measuring 38wks so only 2-3days ahead of my dates and, I am 4/5 engaged:happydance::happydance: so any day now all exciting and scary times ahead.

mrsp - im down at queens altho all my appointments are at king georges which is really annoying, i just hate that place lol.... but i spose its more convenient for appointments as the bus from right outside my house goes there and i wont go into romford for any other reason than the to give birth so i wont be bumping into the evil ex at any time lol x

queens has had some seriously harsh reviews !! i had ella jst after they're 1st yr open and thats when all the bad reviews were in. but in such a big hospital surely it must take some getting used to. plus it covers such a big area !! i never had any problems there apart from some moody staff in triage in the middle of the night the night before i had ella.... who jst didnt wanna seem to be at work lol but whatever i soon forgot that !

ill be more than happy to give birth at queens !!!! x

Philly I can understand where you are coming from, I watched to vaginal births yesterday at the hospital and after seeing that am thinking would a c section be so bad? lol. I guess if you don't tear or need to be cut it's not really that bad, well that was what bothered me at least. Watching the vaginal births was quiet the awesome experience though and those women were so proud and happy. I think you and I can do it and I do hope they let you have your induction!

Shmoo glad the dad is doing ok!

Don't get me wrong, i would love a natural birth. However i'm a high risk for stillbirth. Something which is really scaring the crap out of me. I keep thinking that a natural birth will put bub more at risk than a c-section.

I dunno, the closer i get the more frightened i become :-(.

xxx

woo hooo photo editing group on facebook now done...... join for me girls and invite all your friends :)

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=137868119571657&v=info

Philly - What has your consultant advised you? Will they induce you or, are they willing to do a c-section at your request?

I am having my baby at Basildon&Thurrock Hospital as, I live about 15mins away from there. My OH is now getting abit more scared since I told him baby is 4/5 engaged.:haha:

Philly: Why is it that you are at a higher risk for stillbirth? What does diabetes do to baby to cause that?

Philly - What has your consultant advised you? Will they induce you or, are they willing to do a c-section at your request?

I am having my baby at Basildon&Thurrock Hospital as, I live about 15mins away from there. My OH is now getting abit more scared since I told him baby is 4/5 engaged.:haha:

I will find out what they think is best on wednesday. They have said that i have the option of choosing if everything is ok with bubs. I guess i gotta stop worrying till i see what they say. I think they will be doing an internal to see if i'm ok to be induced as well.

xxx

Philly: Why is it that you are at a higher risk for stillbirth? What does diabetes do to baby to cause that?

The placenta is at risk of not working due to the increased sugars being passed through. Also because my amnio fluid is increased i am feeling bub move less and less as he gets bigger. This means if there was a problem i may not notice it till it's too late.

xxx

:hugs: Shmoo

Philly hope all goes well and they say they will induce you!:thumbup:

Mum I would be so miffed and not let them get away with that! I would lodge a complaint!

Oh goodness you all are so busy whilst I sleep here across the pond. So much I've read so sorry if I missed you it was not intentional!

I had a vaginal deliver prior and the doctor gave me an episiotomy, I didn't watch that but I'm sure if I had it would have been worse but I didn't see it so really didn't mind being cut at the time :nope:

Hope your all doing well!

Vie love the pictures of our 1st August baby and I must say WOW how much he has grown and oh so very handsome as well!:hugs: thanks for sharing!

Melissa love the nursery, dark furniture all looks fab together!

Mrs P yay for 37 weeks! that kinda passed for me on Sunday without me noticing! Hope that the carpet men came back and got the job done properly! Good stuff on talking to your friend again too :)

Danielle, hope MW didn't keep you hanging around too long this afternoon...

Shmoo, how scary. Sounds like your dad's a fighter though, he'll be home in no time! Did you get to speak to the breastfeeding lady in the end!?
Mumma, hope you gave tesco some shit!! Have they been tonight yet?! FX all goes well for 39 weeks!
Youngling, not long to go, hang in there!!
Vermeil, Vincent is gorgeous, and he's changed so much already!!

Philly, try not to stress about the section/induction thing until you've spoken to them next week :)
Csun, hi!! how's tricks?!

As for me, another charlotte free day, so back to bed for me after I dropped her at the childminders... to see a mouse scuttling round our bedroom :cry: we had so many just over a year ago, for a week or so we killed 3 or 4 a day, and after a mouse free year they're back... trap is laid, could only find one... so hopefully nip it in the bud this time...

Went with my mum to buy curtain fabric, couldn't find anything neutral we like so decided that this bump can have Charlotte's curtains (which mum made last time :)) as they're lovely and suitably gender non-specific... and we picked a gorgeous white seersucker for Charlotte with pink, blue and yellow flowers and butterflies line drawings on :)

Had planned to see Eclipse this afternoon with a friend but she couldn't make it, and I didn't have the car, and couldn't face the train so I napped instead.

I'm feeling pretty OK really, apart from the pubic bone pain... it was this stage last time that my back went out again, so I'm kinda nervous about that, but so far so good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->