****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

see im one of them that have a moan when I see someone parked in parent and child when they don't have kid's. But I did say to mike the other day that i am "with child" he's just not been born yet!

I moan as well but not if preggy lady.i also did it as my back couldn't take walking miles!

i am a moaner at people with no kids but have a pop and my mother if she tries it my mom is of the opinion that if you have a car seat it intitails you to use them lol err no mom they are at bloody school she's just lazy tho we're in aug now :happydance: pains have stopped but my man is trying bless him we've been doing it every 5 hours :blush: but it will have tro stretch to 8 as of tomorrow as he has work lol but i can hope things will get moving my 7 year old is counting the days and said so next sundat we'll have a baby then i tried to explain it could be later or a little sooner but didn't think it was fair we have to wait as it's been ages already lol ....and i must agree

See Mike's SIL as that attitude "if car seat's in I can park there" but 95% of the time, she doesn't have her daughter with her.
It just annoy's me how people have not got the brain's to not park so other people can't get in there car. It's just rude and ignorent. If i had my old car i'd have made sure I hit the other car with my door. If there car is 2big to fit in the space with out causing diffaculty to other people then park somewhere where you have more room. It's not like I parked close to the shop either :/ I parked further away so I would be able to get in and out easy.
My reg must be on a system somewhere telling people to make it difficult for me to get in and out.
Rant over :D

My nursery floor is paint free now! :D Got Mike on it :) told him if he helped me he could put the cot up after, and he shot upstair's!! F1's on aswel so I expected having to do abit of nagging.
Rant over :)

OOOOO I am excited, We're taking Riley swimming now, Goin to the Lisburn pool HWM, Mat likes the idea of the slides so u were right hahaha!

I havent been swimming since first trimester so am looking forward to seeing how it feels to be so bouyant (not sure If that how you spell it lol).
Then I think I feel a little lunch and coffee out is in order too haha!

M&S cafe at Sprucefield!! Excecpt I guess it mightn't be open yet... Hope you had fun!

see im one of them that have a moan when I see someone parked in parent and child when they don't have kid's. But I did say to mike the other day that i am "with child" he's just not been born yet!

I moan as well but not if preggy lady.i also did it as my back couldn't take walking miles!

i am a moaner at people with no kids but have a pop and my mother if she tries it my mom is of the opinion that if you have a car seat it intitails you to use them lol err no mom they are at bloody school she's just lazy tho we're in aug now :happydance: pains have stopped but my man is trying bless him we've been doing it every 5 hours :blush: but it will have tro stretch to 8 as of tomorrow as he has work lol but i can hope things will get moving my 7 year old is counting the days and said so next sundat we'll have a baby then i tried to explain it could be later or a little sooner but didn't think it was fair we have to wait as it's been ages already lol ....and i must agree

Our sainsburys has some extra wide spaces for you to use as well if no kids/disabled - my mum parks there cos she doesn't want anyone to bash her car!

I think I'm going to start a 'who can go most overdue' thread! I'm quite tempted to not take the induction at 14 days, would realy like to see if I can go on my won, and right now I'm feeling ifne, but in a fortnight it might be a different story!

can't believe you're DTD every 5 hours, we were doing well to manage once last weekend! DH not well now though so that kinda rules it out a bit...

We've been to the park this morning then took Charlotte to the cinema :) We used to go all the time to Newbies (where they show grown up films) but this was the first time for her sake - think she quite enjoyed Shrek!

Im aiming for my previous due date for my first he was EDD 12/13 August so would happily join the overdue thread!

Im aiming for my previous due date for my first he was EDD 12/13 August so would happily join the overdue thread!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/382840-can-go-most-overdue.html#post6340475

Happy Due Date August 1st ladies!!! :D

I haven't had the guts to park in the "with children" parking spots while pregnant, but around here we have a lot of "expectant mothers" parking spots which I take full advantage of!!!

Flutterbaby -every 5 hours?!? wow!!! My DH would be more than happy to oblige if I wanted to go at it that often, but I can barely manage every other night haha

Eoz - great birth story!! I love the really long ones...now off to read Philly's :)

Mumma your daughter is beautiful!! Such a cutie, I cant wait to meet my lil girl :)

Congrats to all the other new mummies too :D

Mercy if you go next after all this sex, I am definitely going to start that over the next week haha!! And thanks for that info about the bras, Im usually a 36 G so dread to think what I will be measiring when I go for my nursing bra!!! :rofl: about the sleep bra!!!

Baby france, my DH gets it in the neck if he goes anywhere without his phone, it drives me mad !!!

Tigger I hope the induction went well today cant wait to hear any news :D

Phily, glad to hear you are doing well, you lil man is sooo gorgeous! and Im glad you have a helpful OH :)

I think we should park in the child spaces, coz we are all with child! Im lucky coz we park there with my son anyway!

AFM, my weekend with the in laws is nearly at an end! I have managed not to go insane or go into labour (I was convinced baba would come early just to be awkward lol) Will be happy to sleep in my own bed tonight!! Just not looking forward to the 2hour car journey home later!

I ordered my pushchair last night so that should come over the next 2 weeks :D, my crib sheets I ordered from mothercare are ready for me to pick up and so are the things I ordered from ASDA baby event so I think once they are all here I will be pretty much ready. As soon as I hit full term on Wednesday, Ill be serving baba with her eviction notice. Im thinking I went a week overdue with DS so in theory I am owed a week back :D wonder if it will work like that?!

I had not realised it was friday 13th this month! Dont want her born on that date lol!!

So as far as we know we dont have an august 1st baba yet? Tigger is bound to have her little one today though Im sure, wonder if she will take the title?

I haven't had the guts to park in the "with children" parking spots while pregnant, but around here we have a lot of "expectant mothers" parking spots which I take full advantage of!!!

That's great that spaces are provided, I've never seen that in the UK...

Im thinking I went a week overdue with DS so in theory I am owed a week back :D wonder if it will work like that?!

I had not realised it was friday 13th this month! Dont want her born on that date lol!!

So as far as we know we dont have an august 1st baba yet? Tigger is bound to have her little one today though Im sure, wonder if she will take the title?

DD was 13 days late, and I got nothing by way of payback... the waiting has started!

Hayzeb posted to say tigger's waters have gone...

I think Lia's just missed being 1 Aug, from what I could tell her son was born yesterday morning...

Happy August, Mummies!!!

I get annoyed when I see people who are clearly not pregnant and don't have children with them using the "Expectant & New Mums" spots around here! Or sometimes you see people parked but only the driver got out, so the mum & child are still in the car!!! As far as I am concerned if you plan on staying in the car then DH can park anywhere else, the point of the spot is to help you & your child get in and out of the store.... Also hate seeing people use those spots with their 10 year olds, in what way do you need help getting a 10 year old out of a car and to the shop?

SIL had a rant about the "mother" spots saying it isn't fair that almost all of the spots close to the door are for disabled or preggo/mums, she had sprained her ankle and wanted to whine about it....to me and her dad... the 7 months preggo lady and the man that just had quadruple bypass! Suck it up or get a temporary disabled pass. She went on and on about it too, of course she doesn't have any kids and the sprained ankle is pretty much the worst of her injuries.

Anyway! YAY FOR AUGUST!!!

GL Tigger! :hugs:

Oh yea! My birthday is August 13th and this will only be the 3rd (I am pretty sure) time it has fallen on a Friday. I also share my birthday with 3 other people I know and none of them have complained about the occasional Friday the 13th either. So don't fret ladies it will all be great! FYI I was also the easiest of 4 births for my mum (I was 2nd). ;)

HAPPY DUE DATE MOGGY AND HWM!!!

and yes me posting means im still here and im still pregnant... no more contractions since 3am fri morning!! so frustrating!! i will be back at somepoint to catch up properly but for now im heading for a nap...lol....

hope mums, tums and babies are all fine :D

AFM: to sum up how i feel ....

:dohh::dohh::shrug::sad2::sad2::devil::help::help::help::sick::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::saywhat::grr::grr:

Had a fantastic Time swimming with riley and Mat, even tho some stupid inconsiderate man shoved me in the bump to get past me, and refused to appologise! thankfully mat didnt see him or I imagine he'd have been on the recieving end of a smack lol!

Anyways, swimming was fab, I felt a bit like a floatation device but it was a good giggle.
Then we went to Pizza hut and had a shamefully huge lunch! yumyumyum!

I think all this walking I am doing is starting to take its toll on my poor pelvis tho, as it kinda feels like its grinding together and is really painful this afternoon! OUCH!
Baby is feeling lower than ever and is headbutting me a lot in the cervix.

just waiting on rileys bedtime now so i can sneak in a bubble bath and a snooze haha!
Hope we've all had good days x

HAPPY DUE DATE MOGGY AND HWM!!!

and yes me posting means im still here and im still pregnant... no more contractions since 3am fri morning!! so frustrating!! i will be back at somepoint to catch up properly but for now im heading for a nap...lol....

hope mums, tums and babies are all fine :D

AFM: to sum up how i feel ....

:dohh::dohh::shrug::sad2::sad2::devil::help::help::help::sick::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::saywhat::grr::grr:

:hugs: Sorry it is being so frustrating for you, i have a new focus and am waiting for mother nature, have already been preggers an extra month compared to last time so whats another fortnight :shrug:

Had a fantastic Time swimming with riley and Mat, even tho some stupid inconsiderate man shoved me in the bump to get past me, and refused to appologise! thankfully mat didnt see him or I imagine he'd have been on the recieving end of a smack lol!

Anyways, swimming was fab, I felt a bit like a floatation device but it was a good giggle.
Then we went to Pizza hut and had a shamefully huge lunch! yumyumyum!

I think all this walking I am doing is starting to take its toll on my poor pelvis tho, as it kinda feels like its grinding together and is really painful this afternoon! OUCH!
Baby is feeling lower than ever and is headbutting me a lot in the cervix.

just waiting on rileys bedtime now so i can sneak in a bubble bath and a snooze haha!
Hope we've all had good days x

How do you do it hun?so full of energy! grrrr to the rude twat!sounds like a lovely day! yay to floating x

wooohooo my son will be born this month. im so excited!!!!1

Distance to the store isnt the issue, I would quite happily walk a bit further if there was a safe path, the thing we needis space to get in/out and with child seats that you have to strap the child into you need that. TBH as soon as the child can strap themselves in safely then IMO you dont need to park there any more! Im guessing that is when the child uses the adult seatbelt with the child seat so maybe 4-5 years old,

It is so annoying to find you cannot park in a P&C spot when you need it only to find some lazy person with an empty child seat has parked there or worse a person with teenagers has because they dont want to dink their car.

not sure who said earlier but we have a note we put on the car door my side when we are out and about without Mogster - it says pregnant person needing to get in/out please leave me some space! It seems to work but more often than not we aim to find an end space or park a little further away.

Another thing to rant over....disabled spaces are deemed that by law, there are always plenty of them in the car parks as they have to have the same percentage of spcaes for diabled folks as there are disabled folks in the population so WHY do they feel it is ok to use P&C ones if all the disabled ones are full? I know technically there is no law to stop them but its just not nice! There are too few already without having to fight the disabled and the lazy for them!

RANT OVER!

Overdue thread is already on p2 HWM!

I think if the baby is born in august or later they are only entitled to £50, but if before august 2010, they are entitled to the full amount of £250, please correct me if i am wrong.

Me and oh dtd earlier, no pains no nothing, how long does it take to kick in if its gonna work? I also had a mcdonalds earlier too on the basis of what zoe (i think) said the other day. That hasnt kicked in yet either...........

It's August ladies!!!

I'm due August 27th, and it feels like getting to August is a huge deal! I know it's still another month, but at least the end is somewhat near!!! :)

Come on August babies!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->