****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Lollipop I switched to aptamil yesterday from cow and gate and it already seems to be helping. I asked midwife what else can do an she said keep up with cool boiled water too as it will push things through :)

aiden james robert, was due 2nd of august. came on the 14th of august weighing 7lbs 8oz :cloud9:

xx

thanks eoz and lliena, how much boiled water are lo's allowed each day? I will try adding an extra half ounce of water to each feed, she is on 4ozs per feed at night time, but during the day she seems to want 2-3 ozs every 2-3 hours

Congrats sam, loving the pic :D

hey girlies...... x

i just read through the last three pages... bless all of you waiting to give birth! we all know how that feels... x

lolas now 3 weeks and 2 days and i havnt written my birth story yet lol... i wonder how long itll be til i feel like i make enough sense to write something longer than a few short sentances lol x

its not even lack of sleep its just that i am braindead x

me n olly have had talks and decided were just friends :( (he decided really not me) so i told him he needs to find somewhere to live. not fair on me him staying here yanno... sleeping in my bed...... but dosnt wanna be with me grrrr whatever.... x

anyway il be back later to stalk u all a little more...... x

Aww hun, big :hugs: if u ever need a chat you know where i am x x

Thank you flutterbaby!
Congrats to all the new mamas! :cloud9:

:dance::shock::yipee::happydance::wohoo:I AM DUE TODAY!!!!!!!!:dance::shock::yipee::happydance::wohoo:

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/smturdo/TTC%20or%20PG%20Blinkies/Wannabe%20Mommies/labour4btz.gifTO ALL THOSE DUE TODAY OR OVER DUE!https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/smturdo/TTC%20or%20PG%20Blinkies/Wannabe%20Mommies/labour4btz.gif

Happy due date hun x :happydance: x

Hope every one is doing great!

Guppy- happy due date..hope u get ur LO soon!

I have been to the doc and back with more sad news... baby has grown more big and she told me to come on saturday to discuss about induction but she is not happy to do one as chances are too low for vaginal delevery she is suggesting c section which i never wanted... i am very sad & angry with my self. she said if i am lucky enough i have to go in to natural labor with in this 5days!!

good night ladies!! sorry for the rant!

Fingers crossed for you hun x REALLY hope u get the birth you have hoped for, but either way, just think., within a very short time you will be having that first snuggle with your little one x And all the frustration of the past days will melt away x Not long now sweetie x

Lollipop I switched to aptamil yesterday from cow and gate and it already seems to be helping. I asked midwife what else can do an she said keep up with cool boiled water too as it will push things through :)

I always found Aptimil great! Hopefully will keep Breast feeding, but I think aptimil would be the one I go for. I know a few people who have had poop problems on other formulas x

Afm,
Well My little Chunky Monkey has been weighed again today. On monday she'd lost 6oz from her birth weight, and by this afternoon she's put 5 of them back on WOOPWOOP! SO that means she has very almost regained her birth weight! Good to know all this Boobie feeding is doing some good lol!

She is feeding better tho, and last night we only had one feed between midnight and 7 which was FAB! I felt brill for the sleep today too!
The midwife did confirm something I had noticed myself tho, that Georgia has a bit of a Tongue tie (or short tongue), DH has one, and so does Riley! So I wasnt supprised TBH. It doesnt seem to be effecting her tho, and she is still managing to feed ok. Although she doesnt latch on QUITE as far as Id like, which is a bit sore some days! but nothin too bad! :thumbup:

AM loving being a mummy of two, and am just hopign things continue to go this smoothly!
BIG hugs to all and labour dust to everyone that needs it x Almost there now guys x

thanks eoz and lliena, how much boiled water are lo's allowed each day? I will try adding an extra half ounce of water to each feed, she is on 4ozs per feed at night time, but during the day she seems to want 2-3 ozs every 2-3 hours

Congrats sam, loving the pic :D

I personally wouldnt add extra water to a feed as it's meant to be made the certain way so they get the right amount of nutrients from it and can digest it properly. Boiled water my little one has 2/3oz throught the day :)

Mercy glad to hear things are going well :D

Im loving being a mummy of two also cant believe how fast time is going though and how much she has changed within a week. She is so much more alert now and starting to look around at stuff. Its awesome! :cloud9:

well at this rate i might not end up being an august mammy, i have my induction at the weekend if she doesnt make her own way out but since my cervix is still waaaay back its not looking likely she'll come out herself :( x

Hey girls....

Well since switching to the Dr Brown bottles i seem to have a totally different baby! He seems so much more settled now. No crying with wind pains, just sleeps or plays on his mat. It's like a miracle!!!!

Still on the aptamil but have put half a tea spoon of oj in his water as the nursery nurse said that should work better than just normal boiled water. I'm not gona hold my breath but i'll try anything.

Have booked Peter's christening for the 31st october, i know halloween think i'll dress him up as a devil for the church! That should be funny....

Have fallen out with Mart's brother as well. Peter is 1 month old on wednesday and his brother has not even phoned to say congratulations or can we come see him. So have spoke my mind and told him not to bother coming round!

Mercy great news for the weight gain x

lollipop and Lliena i think we are in the same boat at the moment so if you find something that works let me know please!

xxx

well at this rate i might not end up being an august mammy, i have my induction at the weekend if she doesnt make her own way out but since my cervix is still waaaay back its not looking likely she'll come out herself :( x

Aww...hon, well, at least you have a final date that you will be pregnant and then if your baby comes early, then that will be great. :hugs:

the thread moved.............

thanks girls, i will let you know if i find out any ways of making kaiya go, and if i do i shall pass them onto you :)

Philly, how mucg does a christening cost? I am wanting to get Kaiya christening, but i am unsure of the cost, cant seem to find it online anywhere................ and are you like gaving a party afterwards? im just figuring out if i would need to hire a hall out or not.........

i dont blame you on the whole bil thing, i would feel the same, i just need to find my voice sometimes!

Morning :D

I officially only have 7day's to go now until due date!!! I'm like a zombie today, so may go back to bed :) I haven't read through any post's this morning, way to tired atm!!
Mike set a camera up in the nursery last night, so we can watch our little man sleeping while we are sat down stair's watching telly :)

Mercy, if the tongue tie does get in the way it's only a second to have the doc clip it. But hey if there are no issues thats even better! and I wish I only had one feed between 12 and 7!!!! I normally have 2 with the second being anywhere in the vicinity of 5-7.

Lliena thats a gorgeous pic of your girl!

Congrats sam!

Can't wait to hear how the weight in goes for all your hard work mrs p!

hi everyone!!

only read the last couple of pages!!

Guppy - any signs of a little one yet?

MrsP - Hi hun!! hope your well!! buggy is fine and yes ive made a big fat complaint and waiting for compensation and to have my flooring replaced! hehe :)

Mumma - sorry to hear about you and Olly hun!! massive hugs to you and your beautiful LO's!!!

AFM.... dont have time for an AFM just now as Abby has to be ready for nursery in 10mins haha... oh the joys!! xxx

Morning ladies, I thought we were in baby club not pregnancy glad I found us though :D

Avalon slept from 1am till 7.45am last night :thumbup: Pretty sure it was just a one off but if she keeps doing it I'll be well happy :haha: Switched her to aptamil and she has done a poop still not as soft as Id like but tis getting there so fingers crossed it's working with the cool boiled water too!

Off to register her birth in a minute :cloud9:

:dust: For all mummies in need :dust:

Just a quickie to let you lovely ladies that C.J Storey made his debut on 18th August @ 15.57 by c-section weighing in at 8lb 2oz. I had quite a traumatic time of it and have only been out of hospital a day, will get it all typed up soon, congrats to all the new mummies and fingers crossed for those still waiting to see their little ones x x x

Congratulations to samface and clarebo!! More babies please!!

I wonder why we're in Pregnancy then?

MrsP good luck with your weigh in, I did slmming world after C was born and lost 4 stone :)

As for me, don't know some of you saw my pst in GS, but I've been pretty down. Feeling a bit more positive now though. Partially helped by just letting bridget cry a little when going for a nap. She seemed to need to be held all the time, but as off the weekend we tried going in at 1 and half minute intervals of crying to cuddle her and put her back down,and touch wood it seems to be working. Feel more human for that. Not to everyone's taste to let them cry I know, but it seems to be working for us.
Had friends fromschool visiting yesterday, 3 of them, what they didn't tellme ws they were each bringing 2 kids wiht them - my god the house was mental, bridget distraught, luckily C notthere. was so glad when they went.
SOrry not sure what's up wiht my space bar, or my spelling.

Congratulations to samface and clarebo!! More babies please!!

I wonder why we're in Pregnancy then?

MrsP good luck with your weigh in, I did slmming world after C was born and lost 4 stone :)

As for me, don't know some of you saw my pst in GS, but I've been pretty down. Feeling a bit more positive now though. Partially helped by just letting bridget cry a little when going for a nap. She seemed to need to be held all the time, but as off the weekend we tried going in at 1 and half minute intervals of crying to cuddle her and put her back down,and touch wood it seems to be working. Feel more human for that. Not to everyone's taste to let them cry I know, but it seems to be working for us.
Had friends fromschool visiting yesterday, 3 of them, what they didn't tellme ws they were each bringing 2 kids wiht them - my god the house was mental, bridget distraught, luckily C notthere. was so glad when they went.
SOrry not sure what's up wiht my space bar, or my spelling.

Maybe they will move this thread to parenting at the end of August/begining of Sept?

I'v just been reading up on pain relief, and I still don't know what I want if any at all :/

I had just gas and air, i did ask for a epidural, but the anathtist (sp) was busy so he never got round to sorting me out, but i am so glad i didnt have one, and the way i was dilating, i couldnt have had one any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->