****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

hello ladies how have you all been my little man is ace gets his giggle on now and talks to me well not talks but you know what i mean lol

Danielle,

Not likely to have opened but if your worried please get a dr to check? Are you managing to wee

Please dont look lol, u might have a stronger stomch than me but i had a bad tear/swelling after abby and the mw told me not to look so curiosity got the better of me and i really wish i hadnt lol xx

i agree with carolyn, on the looking part.

Kaiya chats and smiles to me all the time, and I love it x

hello ladies how have you all been my little man is ace gets his giggle on now and talks to me well not talks but you know what i mean lol

Kelana giggled once and she is talking too. This morning she was telling me lots of stories. I just love it. She is so happy and animated. I love her so much!

I looked at mine but it didn't bother me, I was paranoid about getting an infection in my incision so I kept an eye on it.

Skyler coos and talks to now and lets out these adorable little high pitched squeals of delight it's awesome. He imitates me when I laugh to which is even cuter.

HV told me to look when I last spoke to her but not had the courage don't think I ever will tbh! My postnatal is on 28th so will just see how things go. The bleeding s not so bad now, it's slowed down again, it's abit sore when I wee, but nothing like those first few day's!

Mike's just gone to walk in centre :/ H is asleep so i'm just munching on a big bar of galaxy:)

we get lots of chat from bridget but still waiting on our first chuckle... don't think it'll be long, so close!

DH thinks Alia laughs like me :) probably because I laugh whenever she laughs

Hello ladies, I have been lurking around for a while and thought i'd pop in and say a big hi to you all. Congrats on all the winners to the awards! I hope mummyhood is being good to you all! I have had so many ups and downs should change my name to pogo! lol:wacko:
Take care everyone! x x x

:wave: Clarebo9 Its definately an emotional rollercoaster for the first couple of weeks!

Emma chats away, we put her in the over the door bouncer today and she was giggling and shouting at the door frame bless, those smiles definately make my world go round!

How is everyone feeling? Hope ladies and babies are well!!

Lou x

time for a moan...
ok for the past few day's i'v felt so down and fed up :( I don't even feel like I should H, people keep making comment's about me having him and it's really getting me down. One of OH's relative's had a dig about my age, i'm 20 so not the youngest to ever have kid's(OH's parent's had both there kids before 20!), someone else has had a dig at me because I quit my last job then got pregnant after when I wasn't in work and shouldn't have had H while I was out off work. My SIL turned around and said "poor thing" all because my dad said "his dummies come out" and H was making his little noise, and I said "he's fine if he was bothered he'd start crying, but he's not. I'm not going to jump up and go to him every slight noise he make's" then I heard SIL say poor thing :/ a friend of my mum's has commented on how my mum was feeding and changing him instead of me :s like i'm a bad mum just because my mum was giving me a brake...well in fact I don't get much choice, when I go to my mum's she takes H and see's to him, if we go out she push's him and if I go to get the pram she says "get off my baby" which is another whinge, but if I don't go to my mum and dad's everyday, i'm stuck in house which I don't like doing. Me and OH are constantly arguing lately....1. because he is using my car everyday meaning me and H are stuck at home or going to my mum's, he wont listen to the fact I want my own freedom. He has his motor bike, I bought a bigger car so I could get about better with H, if I knew Mike would take it all the time I wouldn't have bothed.
and 2. He only think's about himself :( he wont understand how much he is hurting me with the stuff he say's and does.
I'm starting to feel really down about everything and already told Mike to move out 3time's tonight because im sick of the stress he cause's me.

Sorry whinge over :(

:hugs: danielle :hug:

ah honey, it's hard enough with a new baby let alone when people are giving you grief. I think you are so right to not leap in with H just cos his dummy fell out - it's to soothe isn't it, so if they're happy, then they don't need it!! Even my 2 year old gets that and has stopped trying to plug Bridget all the time!
As for Mike and the car, that really sucks. When Charlotte was born we only had one car and DH drove it to work every other week - we just got used to buses and trains from a really early age (3 weeks onwards!) but then I don't know what public transport is like round you...
Are there any mum and baby groups near you, most churches run one, and you don't have to be going to the church if that makes sense - most people I know round here go to all of them one each day of the week (round us they're £1.50 and you get cake and tea/coffee...) Or Odeon and some other cinemas do a Newbies showing where you go and watch grown up films but with bubs in the pram (lights aren't as dark, volume turned down) - our local one does Tuesday, which is cheap day, so it's only £3... I just used to find that if I had a reason to be going out then it was more worth the effort of buses and trains! Or failing that get Mike taken off the car insurance :muaha:
Anyway, I'm prattling on, from what I can gather of you on here you've got your head screwed on right and are a fab mum, so try not to let the others get you down.

as for me, another 3lb off at slimming world!! 11lb now :) and I was slimmer of the week :)
in other news, I need my head read (literally, and in more senses than one) but that's a whole 'nother story.
tired, and my headaches really bad and they had to stop the medication they were trying cos of bad side effects

:hugs: Danielle completely agree with Lucy you will never get anyone who agrees entirely with what you do with your child. Whether it be disclipining them, giving them a dummy, weaning. It does get easier though to tell them to sod off!!!

Lucy Thats fantastic at your weight loss!! And some great ideas to about the cinema and that! I go out with friends every week ans always looking for things to do!

How is everyone? Hope MrsP is ok not heard from her in a while?

AFU just off out to meet a friend with her LO and 6 month bump! Going taking them to soft play then get my little elf weighed! Got weigh in tonight too so we'll see the damage of my holiday!

Lou x

Hello mummies!

Wow, feels like i haven't been on here for years!

Well... for the mummies who aren't on my fb Peter is 12 weeks yesterday and i'm really starting to enjoy being his mummy now. It's been a long time coming but i'm finally on tablets that make me feel normal. Still not sleeping but i don't think that is going to change for a while.

I never fully understood how hard it was going to be being Peter's mummy. Thank goodness i'm starting to turn the corner now. He really is such a loving little boy. Although he has got a very healthy appetite. He had baby rice for the first time yesterday and boy did i know about it 3 hours later! It was everywhere! Used about half a pack of baby wipes! lol.

Just putting the last touches to Peter's christening. Just gotta get the balloons and some champers and then we're done. It's on the 31st so i'm thinking of getting him a little devil costume for the church! lol.

How is everyone?

Hope all babies are doing grand?

xxx

Mums + babies = very quiet August mummies!!

Hope you're all ok?!

Just thought I'd pop on to let you know I've lost another 4lb!! Yeah - thats 35lb lost since having Emma!! Only another 32lb to go!

Hey all!

Congrats on the weight loss ladies! I am down 26 pounds and still falling although it's coming off A LOT slower now which sucks. Started back at the gym and hot yoga classes, first one was last night and boy am I sore!!!!

time for a moan...
ok for the past few day's i'v felt so down and fed up :( I don't even feel like I should H, people keep making comment's about me having him and it's really getting me down. One of OH's relative's had a dig about my age, i'm 20 so not the youngest to ever have kid's(OH's parent's had both there kids before 20!), someone else has had a dig at me because I quit my last job then got pregnant after when I wasn't in work and shouldn't have had H while I was out off work. My SIL turned around and said "poor thing" all because my dad said "his dummies come out" and H was making his little noise, and I said "he's fine if he was bothered he'd start crying, but he's not. I'm not going to jump up and go to him every slight noise he make's" then I heard SIL say poor thing :/ a friend of my mum's has commented on how my mum was feeding and changing him instead of me :s like i'm a bad mum just because my mum was giving me a brake...well in fact I don't get much choice, when I go to my mum's she takes H and see's to him, if we go out she push's him and if I go to get the pram she says "get off my baby" which is another whinge, but if I don't go to my mum and dad's everyday, i'm stuck in house which I don't like doing. Me and OH are constantly arguing lately....1. because he is using my car everyday meaning me and H are stuck at home or going to my mum's, he wont listen to the fact I want my own freedom. He has his motor bike, I bought a bigger car so I could get about better with H, if I knew Mike would take it all the time I wouldn't have bothed.
and 2. He only think's about himself :( he wont understand how much he is hurting me with the stuff he say's and does.
I'm starting to feel really down about everything and already told Mike to move out 3time's tonight because im sick of the stress he cause's me.

Sorry whinge over :(

Oh hon... :hugs: All this change is hard on the best relationships. It's almost like your roles change and you have to feel out the new relationship. It will sort out. Don't worry about your parenting...you are doing fine. I don't go to every fuss either. Most of the time, she settles on her own anyways.

as for me, another 3lb off at slimming world!! 11lb now :) and I was slimmer of the week :)
in other news, I need my head read (literally, and in more senses than one) but that's a whole 'nother story.
tired, and my headaches really bad and they had to stop the medication they were trying cos of bad side effects

Sorry to hear about your headaches. :hugs: Yay and GOOD JOB on the weight loss!:happydance:

Hello mummies!

Wow, feels like i haven't been on here for years!

Well... for the mummies who aren't on my fb Peter is 12 weeks yesterday and i'm really starting to enjoy being his mummy now. It's been a long time coming but i'm finally on tablets that make me feel normal. Still not sleeping but i don't think that is going to change for a while.

I never fully understood how hard it was going to be being Peter's mummy. Thank goodness i'm starting to turn the corner now. He really is such a loving little boy. Although he has got a very healthy appetite. He had baby rice for the first time yesterday and boy did i know about it 3 hours later! It was everywhere! Used about half a pack of baby wipes! lol.

Just putting the last touches to Peter's christening. Just gotta get the balloons and some champers and then we're done. It's on the 31st so i'm thinking of getting him a little devil costume for the church! lol.

How is everyone?

Hope all babies are doing grand?

xxx

12 weeks! Wow...can't believe how fast time is flying. I had quite a hard time with my daughter, Makena. I had some bonding issues and post partum depression. I never thought I was going to have such a rough go, but I did. Never this time though. Strange. Take care of yourself hon. :hugs:

Mums + babies = very quiet August mummies!!

Hope you're all ok?!

Just thought I'd pop on to let you know I've lost another 4lb!! Yeah - thats 35lb lost since having Emma!! Only another 32lb to go!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hey all!

Congrats on the weight loss ladies! I am down 26 pounds and still falling although it's coming off A LOT slower now which sucks. Started back at the gym and hot yoga classes, first one was last night and boy am I sore!!!!

Wow...everyone is losing and dieting...think I better get with the program myself!!!:blush:

AFM: Kelana is doing great. She is getting so chubby and her head is growing so much! I am getting her shots done on Monday. I am so sad about it. She will be 10 weeks old, so I am a bit late, but I need to go when my sister can be there too, for support. Apparently she gets FOUR needles! I hope not.:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->