****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Philly glad you're feeling better hun, I've had a rougher time this time round too, but things starting to get better - still feel like Bridget is someone's else child though about 30% of the time... most of the time it's pretty good bonding wise now. But it is such a big upheavel isn't it :hugs: Are you going to try the rice again? 3 months seems early!! I felt bad weaning C at 5 months, can't imagine trying that with B in a few weeks!! some babies just seem to need it though!!
Hope your christening all goes well :) devil costume :haha:
Lou, fab weight loss!! Well done! I've lost 11lb since going back to slimming world, but I don't know how much since giving birth as I didn't weigh myself then. I was about 99kg just before giving birth and now about 84kg, so that's about 33lb :) darnit should have weighed myself when I was in labour!!
How's Emma's weight doing? B is being weighed far less often than C was, but was just 2oz off a stone at 8 weeks...
Kelly what's hot yoga? I've not started to do any exercise other than walking yet, I really need to though - I've lost weight but my belly isn't changin size, shape or 'texture' at all :(
Jas, hope the jabs go ok! Over here they get 2 needles at 8 weeks, 2 at 12 weeks and 3 at 16 weeks... B was OK with it...

As for us, after C having chicken pox, HV reckons B's had it and we didn't even notice - she only got 5 spots!! Talk about a mild dose! Dear love her, C wasn't exactly miserable with it, pretty much her usual self, but she had prophylactic calpol for a good few days, poor old Bridget got nothing, I thought she was just being a bit cranky!!
Off too meet our May 08 mummy chums today :)

Hey all

My sincere apologies for not dragging my butt on here. Been busy at home, nothing in particular but just lots of things to do. Trying to shifta few of the kids clothes and make room ready for E's birthday and then Christmas.

Been sorting her party and then have a little project up my sleeve. Shall reveal more of that though at a later date.

Kids are great Henry is just gorgeous and growing so fast. Need to get him weighed and E is just fabulous. She starts playschool in 3 weeks :cry: Been to order her uniform and everything! :0(

Love to all and hope everyone is well xxxx

ooo and my little man is 3 months old today!

:happydance: they do grow so fast my fil is in hospital this week and amazingly i've managed to stick to sw got 1 and half lb to get my stone award so am tryin started the mini pil tho and feel bloated so we'll see :shrug:

taking joel to see grandad today i will admit it's more because i miss being with him all day than so fil gets to see him :blush:

i really wanted a few pj days as kids are off half term and all but gotta do my part for him has he is poorly blood clots etc .....can you believe fil had nothing and his wife left him i had to sort him a bag out so he could shower and change he didn't even have a pj set i had to get him one i mean no razor toothbrush deo nothing wtf and the only thing mil brang him was 1 pair of boxers argh i could scream

Philly glad you're feeling better hun, I've had a rougher time this time round too, but things starting to get better - still feel like Bridget is someone's else child though about 30% of the time... most of the time it's pretty good bonding wise now. But it is such a big upheavel isn't it :hugs: Are you going to try the rice again? 3 months seems early!! I felt bad weaning C at 5 months, can't imagine trying that with B in a few weeks!! some babies just seem to need it though!!
Hope your christening all goes well :) devil costume :haha:
Lou, fab weight loss!! Well done! I've lost 11lb since going back to slimming world, but I don't know how much since giving birth as I didn't weigh myself then. I was about 99kg just before giving birth and now about 84kg, so that's about 33lb :) darnit should have weighed myself when I was in labour!!
How's Emma's weight doing? B is being weighed far less often than C was, but was just 2oz off a stone at 8 weeks...
Kelly what's hot yoga? I've not started to do any exercise other than walking yet, I really need to though - I've lost weight but my belly isn't changin size, shape or 'texture' at all :(
Jas, hope the jabs go ok! Over here they get 2 needles at 8 weeks, 2 at 12 weeks and 3 at 16 weeks... B was OK with it...

As for us, after C having chicken pox, HV reckons B's had it and we didn't even notice - she only got 5 spots!! Talk about a mild dose! Dear love her, C wasn't exactly miserable with it, pretty much her usual self, but she had prophylactic calpol for a good few days, poor old Bridget got nothing, I thought she was just being a bit cranky!!
Off too meet our May 08 mummy chums today :)

I thought it was too young to wean him but hv said it's not really weaning him properly just yet. I'm just adding a little baby rice once a day so it fills him up a little. He's been on hungry baby milk for weeks now and it doesn't seem to be doing much anymore.

I'm glad you too are starting to feel better. I know what you mean about not feeling their mummy. It makes you feel so guilty which makes you feel even worse.

We'll get there soon and as my mum keeps saying they wont remember any of this when they are older! xxx

Its oh so quiet...its oh so still!!

Hey everyone! Hope you're all ok and babies are well too!! Three months MrsP how fast has it gone - doesn't seem that long ago we were all wishing labour dust on one another!!

AFM Kev and I went for our first night out this Saturday and Emma slept out! Kev got blind drunk - while I just couldn't! And the little tinker slept through again! She's back up again once in the night though!

She's got some gorgeous smiles and keeps yabbering away to Jacob, she's obsessed with him and doesn't stop watching him!

Hope to hear from you soon, Lou x

I thought it was too young to wean him but hv said it's not really weaning him properly just yet. I'm just adding a little baby rice once a day so it fills him up a little. He's been on hungry baby milk for weeks now and it doesn't seem to be doing much anymore.

I'm glad you too are starting to feel better. I know what you mean about not feeling their mummy. It makes you feel so guilty which makes you feel even worse.

We'll get there soon and as my mum keeps saying they wont remember any of this when they are older! xxx

they'd better not remember it!! it scares me how much Charlotte remembers (like when I've got lost driving!!) but she's two, but I don't know when the rememberable memories start to form... she doesn't remember things like that the bumbo or bouncey chair were hers anyway, so safe to say she doesn't remember being 3 months old!!

:happydance: they do grow so fast my fil is in hospital this week and amazingly i've managed to stick to sw got 1 and half lb to get my stone award so am tryin started the mini pil tho and feel bloated so we'll see :shrug:

taking joel to see grandad today i will admit it's more because i miss being with him all day than so fil gets to see him :blush:

i really wanted a few pj days as kids are off half term and all but gotta do my part for him has he is poorly blood clots etc .....can you believe fil had nothing and his wife left him i had to sort him a bag out so he could shower and change he didn't even have a pj set i had to get him one i mean no razor toothbrush deo nothing wtf and the only thing mil brang him was 1 pair of boxers argh i could scream

Hope your FIL ok! He's lucky to have you around!!

Its oh so quiet...its oh so still!!

Hey everyone! Hope you're all ok and babies are well too!! Three months MrsP how fast has it gone - doesn't seem that long ago we were all wishing labour dust on one another!!

AFM Kev and I went for our first night out this Saturday and Emma slept out! Kev got blind drunk - while I just couldn't! And the little tinker slept through again! She's back up again once in the night though!

She's got some gorgeous smiles and keeps yabbering away to Jacob, she's obsessed with him and doesn't stop watching him!

Hope to hear from you soon, Lou x

Lou, it's eerily un-busy isn't it!! Sounds like you had a good night :p and a lie in if nothing else!! I've not had a real pissed up night yet, even on SIL hen weekend I was very moderate!

Had a naughty lunch today :blush: as we were out, it was late and I was starving... everthing on the menu was 'bad' so I just decided to choose what i wanted most!! I've been good all week, so hopefully with another 2 good days I'll still be OK :)

Very proud of Charlotte today, we went to Carrick-a-rede, which is a huge rope bridge to an island off the north coast of ireland, and she crossed it without hesitation (holding my mum's hand, I had Bridget in the sling...) looking down all the way, no fear!!
Here's a pic of what it looks like... just off google, i haven't uploaded ours yet.
https://www.earth-photography.com/photos/Countries/Ireland/Ireland_Ballintoy_Rope_Bridge.jpg

https://www.keadyviewfarm.com/Carrick-A-Rede%20Rope%20Bridge.jpg

https://www.planetware.com/i/photo/carrick-a-rede-island-rope-bridge-ballycastle-irl257.jpg

OMG Lucy - C just has NO fear!!

Personally I love things like that and would have been soo excited - the nearest thing to us is bloody Blackpool...everything else like that is a proper 2/3 hour trek and Jacob ALWAYS falls asleep so I end up carrying/pushing to sleeping babies lol!

It is uneerily quiet! Where is everyone?

I've seen people posting in Baby... maybe they've forgotten about us :(

Hey Ladies xxxxxxxxxx

So sorry I have not been about.I have a hell of a lot on at home.

My 2 year old,my princess isnt well at all and life is so bloody hard at the moment.She has been referred to the hospital and I hope to get some answers.She has lost over 2kg in weight and is slowly but surely going backwards in life.I have had to go down a size in clothes and nappies.I am running here there and everywhere with her.She start s speech thearapy this week which i'm looking foward to.

Ashton is amazing huggggeee but amazing.I love all my kids but he really is my special little man.He eats me out of house and home though lol

AFM I am waiting to have an op.My fibroid has split in to 3 and the cyst i have is blood filled and causing pain.I am trying losing weight but this week i have gave up and pigged out for comfort so i feel like kicking myself now.My car is off the road thanks to the MOT ripping me off.My kitten has been beaten up by a dog but is on the mend at last!Add to that its half term and im slowly going round the bend!

Hope you are all ok and sorry im not about I do miss you ladies and think of you often xxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hugs: zoe :hug:
it never rains but it pours, ey?
Hope the speech therapy goes well, and your op too!!

OMG Zoe you've been dealt with some pretty crapp shit there! :hugs: to you and all your family! Hope everyone is feeling better soon. You've got enough to deal with at the minute - I certainly wouldn't worry about a pig out!!!!!!

Lucy NOoooooooo I hope they come back..I know I've posted in there too but I hope people come back to talk.

You guys helped me through my pregnancy :cry: don't disappear!

hey im ok life is good all be it the hiccups we encounter along the way.I how ever do have a huge worry on my mind.I have a thread in GS if you wanna look.

Im not going to bang on about me I'm boring and life goes on.Glad to know you all are ok.How are those yummy babas xxxxxxxxx

Im still around here too ladies I just forget to post after reading sometimes! Sorry for not being better at being around! Life gets in the way sometimes doesnt it?

Avalon is doing sooo well now and smiles and laughs at everything, I love seeing her face change from confusion into a massive smile when she realises its me looking at her :D :cloud9:

:hugs: zoe

My mum's started having H once a week so I can get a good sleep :) chose Sat night, even tho that's ment to be Mike's night!! but I end up having to wake up with him anyway so it's not really a brake for me even when it's Mike's night! I'm starting to feel better now we have sorted a few prob's out at home, mainly the money one, Mike's starting to realise I need abit more support with things and relised he's taking the P using my car all the time and leaving me with no car.
H is getting weighed again tomorrow, he was 9lb12 2week's ago!

I'm still here!! I still read everyday I just don't post very often because usually by the time I post in my journal and in my friends' journals, I run out of time!! Such a big difference in this thread from when we were all pregnant to now... babies do take up a lot of time, don't they :dohh:

:flower:

Im still here!! you would be far too lucky to have got rid of me :D i even have real home broadband again now :happydance:

Im here too - been away househunting and no access to BnB whilst away although new laptop due to be delivered today so that should mean can keep up even when away :thumbup: Its hard with little people wanting your time in the day and then house wanting attention in the evening I just dont get a chance to post here esp as a couple of my old ttc crew are dropping babies currently or imminently! I wont go anywhere just might not post so often :hugs:

Zoe am thinking of you and your princess - glad you found your ring :flower:

Hey George Darling.HOuse hunting is no fun i do not envy you.Glad yoor ok though.

Yes my ring finally turned up so i guess i have to get married now lol As for Abi I am worried sick.We think there is something underlying and she now refuses some lumpy foods.God it sucks.But on the plus she finally said Daddy last night :happydance:

Morning ladies xxxxxxxxx

make some yummy veggie soup with her, she can help put the pretty coloured veg in and she can eat it easily and you know its got good stuff in it, its not much but its a distraction and it has some goodness in it that she can eat with everyone else hopefully with none of the mealitime drama we are currently experieincing - Mogster has decided he doesnt want to chew meat so he doesnt want to eat it and wants fish fingers EVERY MEAL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->