August 2011 mummies! Our babies are here!

Sequeena. My daughter was born at 11.55pm and at 12am I remember the nurses saying that she was a day old already. It really got me down lol!

Hello to all the newbies!

Love all the pics. :)

Here's my little cutie at 14 weeks.

Attachments

• joshymain2.jpg
    joshymain2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1
Oh and I am still losing tons of hair... When will it end?! I'm going to be bald at this rate :haha:

Awwww how cute is he!!! My hair is still coming out loads :( And LO is starting to lose hers round the sides because of how she sleeps. She was born with loads so we are both starting to look tufty. I'll have to get a picture of her on here. I've got loads on fb but none on here.

afternoon girlies hope u and ur babies are all well

jaycob has a stinking cold so hes been waking nealry every hour all nite bless him were both shattered,

quick question (due to a thread i saw on babyclub) have all ur babies got eyebrows cos jaycob hasnt n hes 16 weeks old tomoro, think its cos hes blond and im hoping they will cum through soon

Alexis has eyebrows but she has quite thick dark hair. I'm sure his will come through when he gets older :)

afternoon girlies hope u and ur babies are all well

jaycob has a stinking cold so hes been waking nealry every hour all nite bless him were both shattered,

quick question (due to a thread i saw on babyclub) have all ur babies got eyebrows cos jaycob hasnt n hes 16 weeks old tomoro, think its cos hes blond and im hoping they will cum through soon

J has eyebrows, but not much of them and they are blonde too. So you can't really see them.

Little question. When do you all plan on introducing food? I've gone out and bought some baby rice as he is still hungry after having his milk. But not giving it to him till he is 4 months exactly (which he will be a week on Saturday) Feel like he's ready for it now though.

jaycob has been on baby rice for breakfast for over a week now but that was advised because of his reflux, he loves it, and sometimes in the evening he will have a spoon of mash or blended veg just to try it but only a spoon, he will be 4 months next tuesday but am not going to up him to anything else for at least a couple of weeks

I weaned last time at 5 months. I reckon ill be going for the 5-6 months mark this time too.

Isla has eyebrows, the hair on them is very light though, but her hair on her head isnt dark either, she's like my 1st was and her hair has only just started to grow and she turns 4 in 1 months time. Bless her. She was bald for ages :rofl:

Despite Islas reflux shes still putting weight on, had her weighed last week when she was 13 weeks old and she was 12lb 5oz.

xx

Evening everyone :) ugh that sucks about only having a 'newborn' for 5 minutes. GRR! :(

Thomas has no hair to lose hahahah!!!

He does have eyebrows but they're very light so you wouldn't notice unless you looked for them.

As for weaning I think I'll get to the 6 month mark and beyond! Thomas is still only drinking 6oz per feed. He's been drinking this for almost 2 months I think. Sometimes he surprises us but 99% of the time he just wants his 6oz. Sometimes he only wants 4!

I'm lucky. He's small (fitting newborn stll, some 0-3 but they're big on him) so doesn't cost me lots in clothes and he's not very hungry either so I don't have to bother with food for another few months haha!

Thomas is having his operation tomorrow morning. :( I'm still finding it hard to come to terms with. Why did I consent to the op?? He's perfect as he is :( I know the thumb shouldn't have developed but it did and it's a part of him and once it's gone it'll just be medical waste :cry:

Thomas is 15+1 weeks
https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/387900_2729485961520_1388356992_3076645_1654974479_n.jpg

Oh! I didn't know this was here!!! Late, but hope I can join in! X

This is a question I've been thinking about for ages. I gave birth at 07:42am so had almost an entire day with Thomas when he was born. for those who gave birth in the evening or just before midnight did you have to say your babies were 1 day old once it was midnight even though they'd not been born not long before midnight?

Just wondered how that worked... because if they were born at say 11:52pm on the 6th they'd only be 0 days old for 8 minutes :wacko: seems unfair!

Thanks! & that's a funny question.. I never thought of that. Isaac was born at 11.57pm via emergency c-section. I didn't get to meet him until 5am when I got out of recovery, so technically he was a day old before I met him!

I counted 11.57pm the next night to be 1 day old... :shrug:
AND. Thank-god I'm not the only one losing my hair! is it normal? I've been starting to freak out. :dohh:

Best of luck for Thomas' operation tomorrow! Will be thinking of him. :]

:hugs:

hi to the new peeps!
sequeena i hope thomas is doing well after his op?

cleo is dark haired but still barely has eyebrows, they are there but blonde and fluffy!

ive caught a cold from OH and im really dreading LO catching it, do you think she might somehow not get it....shes ok so far?

cleo rolled over from her belly to her back the other day 4 times, she was ona roll, literally haha!! shes trying so hard to do it the other way she gets really angry!

shes developed an interest for the remote control too and also really been watching what we eat!

hows everyone doing?

Thomas is fine girls, he was a brave boy and hasn't complained once :) I'll share pics later as I'm on my phone.

hi to the new peeps!
sequeena i hope thomas is doing well after his op?

cleo is dark haired but still barely has eyebrows, they are there but blonde and fluffy!

ive caught a cold from OH and im really dreading LO catching it, do you think she might somehow not get it....shes ok so far?

cleo rolled over from her belly to her back the other day 4 times, she was ona roll, literally haha!! shes trying so hard to do it the other way she gets really angry!

shes developed an interest for the remote control too and also really been watching what we eat!

hows everyone doing?

What a busy girl! Ryker is one of those babies that hates belly time and he sleeps in his bouncer so he is rarely flat. I am not to worried as he has great head/neck contol. He sits/props up in his exersaucer and I use a big exercise ball to roll him on (long after eating of course) to get him to hold his head up. It is supposed to develop core muscles well too for them :shrug:

He will happily watch me do anything, including eating. I let him "smell" the food and tell him about it. I am sure it is just curiousiry in whatever I am doing at this point.

We were out to eat with my uncle a couple weeks ago. He has no idea about
babies and kept insisting LO should be eating "food" by now :dohh: to be a smartass I stuck a cracker breadstick thing in his hand. I said if he wants it he can have it. LO held onto it and stared at it, then accidentally dropped it on the floor and cried! Of course this fired my uncle up to insist that the kid really does want to eat! Of course LO would have reacted the same way to anything in his hand :dohh:

Hard to say if LO will get sick or not. I didn't notice if you were breastfeeding but if u are that will decrease the chances. If you are in a cold climate a humidifier in the house helps keep the mucous membranes moist to help fight infections. Hopefully LO fights it off!

Squeena how is Thomas?

glad thomas is doing well :)

that sounds cool darling me. Cleo used to hate tummy time, shes still not a big fan but now she can hold her head a lot better she is enjoying it more.

I do that too! get cleo to smell all the foods and tell her what it is. im not planning on weaning until 5 or 6months and hoping to do BLW so i think showing her the foods is the first step

haha re the bread stick! Cleo would have put it in her mouth tbh, she puts everything in her mouth!

yes shes ebf so hopefully she will be ok. thanks for the tip :)

this might not be everyones cup of tea but i found this today and cleo was loving it! you could tell she actually realised that bashing the keyboard made things happen on the screen as when i show her videos from you tube she just stares mesmorised but still, but with this she was going crazy bashing the buttons!! amazing!
https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2601&e=gamesByAge&mcat=game_infant&site=us

Attachments

• Imagen 431.jpg
    Imagen 431.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 0
Lol & Cleo & the computer, Isla is mesmorised by the TV. Its serious, infact the laptop too... any thing with a screen and colours! Lol.

Going to get Isla weighed today, I had her weighed last Thursday too and she was 12lb 5oz but ive had to switch milk again so just want to make sure we are going in the right direction and dare I say it the reflux is calming down a little on the new meds.

I have also been invited to an interview at my 1st choice uni for pediatric nursing. I cant beleive it. Its in 2 weeks 6 days and i feel very unprepared at the moment. arghh!

Oooh forgot to say, isla bloody hates tummy time, she tries to lick0 the carpet on the blanket or what ever i have laid her on her tummy on and then after a minute or two she screams til i pick her up again, little scamp

xx

I am telling you the exercise ball is great! You know the one sitting in a corner that you bought while pregnant to help ur back and help labor? I hold him and roll him back and forth from me. He loves the stupid faces/noises I make and has no choice but to hold his head up if he wants to see me. We do some side to side and bouncing too just to mix things up.

corey loves tummy time, hes had a strong kneck since birth so he enjoys looking around. hes teething badly so he keeps biting while feeding....ouch lol

my hair comes out in handfulls, and has ever since i had zane but ive got loads of hair so i dont really notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->