August 2011 mummies! Our babies are here!

I love her to bits but this is so hard :( I'm going by her lead but she gets herself so exhausted that she SCREAMS herself to sleep and it's not CC. That's what i can't cope with. The screaming! Is it possible to get pnd at 5 months because i feel like i'm cracking up :(

:hugs: pond can show at any time but can also be confused for just being over tired n stressed. We all feel like we are going to crack now and again.

Would u be able to take her for a walk at night when u see she's starting to get over tired?
Does she have a dummy?

I'm here if u ever need to vent x

I'm just over stressed about a lot of things at the moment. She is such a light sleeper that i can't transfer her from pushchair to cot without her waking up and having to start all over again. She is hit and miss with a dummy but she definetly doesn't take it when she is screaming. I know it's going to stop soon but i'm at the stage where i can't see the light at the end.

Leave her to sleep in the pram! Long as she's lying down it will be fine.

With Zane and my mum did this too, when he'd scream n scream I'd put a drop of calpol on his dummy n he'd take it. Obviously don't do it too much n only use a small bit, but it kept me sane sometimes.

Also don't be afraid to just put her in her cot and leave her to cry for a min when u feel ur self about to burst.

so..... drumroll please.......

Jaycob slept through the night!!

i dont no why we tryed a few new things last night so it could be any of them, we had the usual 8-9 like a nap then 9.30pm till 6am! heaven to sleep thatmuch

i read a few posts back that i read about not feeding after 6 cos it lies on there stomach, i usually give him his dinner bout 7 ish, so last night he had it bout half 5, and a bottle at 6, had a bath at 5 to 8, drank 3oz and fell asleep

he woke up at 9 as usual, i had dimmed light on, gave him the rest of the bottle, but he kept waking evrytime i put him down so i took my shirt off and he cudled it, fell asleep and didnt wake till 6am! i had sleep :cloud9:

sequeena thomas is gawgus. hugs to all the teethers xxx

I
HATE
TEETH!

...........that is all :lol:

We have no teeth here yet, thankfully.

I hear Thomas stirring. Best run x

Hello! i havent posted in ages! Hope evryone is well. My little monster is getting so big, he was 22lbs last week when he was weighed! he still wakes up about 4 times in the night and still refuses to drink from a bottle :-(
i started weaning him this week and he seems to be enjoying having his proper food :)
still feeling so tired but things are getting better by the day!

Corey's going to be full of teeth soon lol.
He gets up loads in the night, although only once last night but he didn't go sleep till 12.
Corey's lovin food

yay jacob well done emzee that sounds amazing :) has he carried on sttn?

eandc I was going to post something very similar this week, have been wondering if PND can start now. been having a terrible time and have nealry got on a plane to england a few times ive felt so alone! I dont know for sure whats wrong but I feel realy picked on here at MIL's, she and everywon else doesnt have anything positive to say I feel like im a terrible mum, Cleo has been called a brat, not normal, hpyeractive and all I hear is she is dressed wrong, too hot, too cold, wet clothes, I was too old to have her, I dont sing to her enough :( I feel like I cant do anything right so ive just been letting them keep taking cleo then I feel worse and worse and OH just says he wishes she would hurry up and learn to walk and talk :(

does it always mean feeling badly towards LO, as I dont, or can it just be feeling helpless, sometimes I just look at her crying thinkng I dunno what to do

To me Jodie that doesnt sound like pnd, it just sounds like ur living in a awful environment that's not good for u n cleo :(
Won't ur oh stand up for u?

I don't know hun, I only know my experience of PND. I wouldn't be surprised if you do have it what with everything you deal with :( :hugs:

Jodie, please dont take this the wrong way but wether its PND or not, i'd be depressed in the environment you have described. Sounds awful. I dont know if its just your Oh being excited for the 'big' milestones with the walking and talking but the time with them at this age is so precious and should be embraced, you MIL on the other hand though sounds vile. I cant believe the comments she has made, too old etc. Who the hell does she think she is? You're incredibly strong standing by all of that, i think i'd have got on than plane by now. As I have stated before a member of my family critises but i let it go over my head but what she is doing is emotionally bullying you. Have you spoke to your family?

Wont your OH say something to his mother, its completely out of order. Im so sorry you're going through that :hugs:

Jayde :hi: Glad to hear your wee man is doing alright. Have fun with the weaning!

As for me, Isla turns 5 months tomorrow, where the hell has time gone I just can't believe it. Going to start weaning in the next week.

xx

It's crazy how fast it's all gone! Soon we will all be planning their first bday parties

thanks ladies! you would think OH would help but if anything he just gets angry with me for "moaning" he says I have nothing good to say about MIL which isnt true! it came to a head the other day as I strapped cleo into her chair to feed her and turned around to get her food and when I turned back MIL had taken her out and was feeding her water again?? so my face must have been a picture as OH stormed out saying he is sick of me making faces about his mum!! he said dont worry I will tell her never to touch cleo again! in the end he spoke to her and we all decided its a huge culture difference, he told her to ask before doing things with cleo, but she hasnt done anything differently since
the other night i found her preparing food for cleo with cows milk and sugar in it so I said she coudlnt have it then had to spend 10 minutes trying to justify in spanish why she couldnt so I just kept saying no no no because I say no!!
then the next morning she assured me she had added nothing to her food which i later found out had sugar in it
then yesterday when i got up in the morning MIL had already made cleos squash for the day which i gave her throughout the day until I tasted the last bit and all I could taste was salt, this morning found her cooking courgette for her with salt! and had to again tell her i dont want salt in her food. am i over sensitive or is it normal that i want to make cleos food myself?
I dont tell my family or friends as im so far away they would just get upset

That's awful and disgusting that neither of them respect you enough! :hugs: :(

Wow Jodie that woman is a twat! And i can't believe ur oh is having ago at u!
I'd seriously think about moving if I had to live with that

thanks ladies! we are only here on vacation until 5th of feb. things have been better now but not really getting on with OH that well!

how are all the bubbas? cleo is getting so round. I really want to post some pics but left all the wires at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->