August 2011 mummies! Our babies are here!

corey was weighed today n is only 13lb 12 hes gone from a chunk to a skinny mini like his brother lol
hv also suggested i up his meals so from tomo im going to give him a bigger breakfast and lunch. hes dropped his breastfeeding time during the day again n then clusters at night n as hes only feedin from 1 side im running on emptyso feeling sore :/

Olivia was always a skinny minnie too. Infact the HVs used to impose stress all the time referring me to the drs because she was 'under weight' and the drs would say she wasnt.

Isla is a little fatty mind, especially in comparrison to Olivia's pics.

Little scamp only feeding from one side. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

xx

Olivia was always a skinny minnie too. Infact the HVs used to impose stress all the time referring me to the drs because she was 'under weight' and the drs would say she wasnt.

Isla is a little fatty mind, especially in comparrison to Olivia's pics.

Little scamp only feeding from one side. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

xx

my hv isnt very nice to me, she had a go because jaycob dropped down the centlile chart from 75th to inbetween 75th and 50th, apperently i wasnt feeding him properly even though he was drinking 9oz-15oz at 4 months old, i told her to measure his length as he was something like 72cm which is off the centile chart above 99.6% and she just huffed and sed i should be feeding him better,

how on earth can u feed a baby better, they eat what they want :dohh:

What a bitch :growlmad:

Thomas is a skinny minny too. He's over 1lb bigger than Corey but he still has newborn trousers and wears 0-3. 3-6 is huge on him.

coreys in 3-6. baby clothes are weird tho, it depends where u shop i think.

Thoma is mostly in next. I find ASDA to be especially huge on him.

I find ASDA baby clothes to be huge on Leo too! Most 3-6months fits him from other shops but the 3-6 month tops from ASDA are down to his knees!! lol xxx

im having big problems with jaycobs clothes, because hes soooo tall, all his vests and t-shirts and things for top halves are 3-6 months but things like sleep suits and trousers have to be 6-9 months, its funny wen i put a sleep suit on him because i have to roll the sleaves up,
im thinking about changing health visitors because shes always been not very nice, she makes me leave there feeling like a bad mother everytime i go, having pnd was worse enough but wen ur geting told ur doing everything wrong, just makes u feel bleugh

definalty change HVs and put in a complaint about her.

i love next sleepsuits and yeah asda sizes in general are just abit shite

Agree with moomin, I would put a complaint in too. She sounds like a cow bag! luckily the HV I used to have for Olivia has left and I just see a community nurse for Isla who is lovely. Infact, I think she comes for little chats with me instead of coming to see Isla because I once told her that im quite lonely alot of the time. Bless her. Or bless me if shes taken pity on me. :haha:

Isla still fits in some 0-3, ive just started putting her into some of her 3-6 months stuff and it is slightly big but I kinda expect it to be.

Olivia was a long baby and moved up through clothes sizes quickly too. All Islas stuff is next, apart from a few ted baker, jasper J and bluezoo items but again each of these vary really. Some of Islas 0-3 next fit and some dont. She deffo dosent fit in 0-3 sleep suits now but only because her feet are too big, My mam said I should cut the toes off... I said no fear I can ebay these she will just go in the next size. She has no idea! Lol.

x

Haven't been on this thread in an age, it's been lovely catching up on all your littlies.

I agree I would definitely change HVs and put in a complaint.

Hi weezle, how's george?

Omgoodness! Everyone's babies are getting sooo big!!! Glad everyone's doing great :)

got hv tomoro soooo dreading it :cry:

also not coping very well at the minute, itslike jaycob is a changed child, we had him kinda sleeping through at night for a few weeks we got 9-5 ish out of him and suddenly about 3 weeks ago hes been a struggle and is getting worse,

weve kept to the bedtime routine bath bottle bed, at 8pm but its like he knows and he just screams and screams and sumtimes for hours, weve tryed to keep him up longer, put him bed earlier, colic drops, teething gel, really dont want to try cc or cio, its a constant battle and last nite we finally got him sleep at 1.30am for only 5 hours,

im scared to ask the hv for help, i sit and cry most nights now and i dread bed time i really do, its not the lack of sleep thats getting me down its his crying constantly and nothing helping him, i speak to friends and they sey just ride it through, and uve still got the baby blues etc but im really not coping:cry:

If ur not coping then u need to talk to ur doctor n maybe ask if a family member can help u, maybe even have Jacob over night?
Most hv will tell u to CIO, my hv did with Zane n I kindly said no chance lol

The thing I find with routines at this age is that they don't stick as lo changes so much. And when a routine is started by the parents the more they seem to fight it.
I waited for Zane to make his own routine and he did at 5 months, so I stuck to what he had made....I'm also riding it out with Corey, although I can't see him making a routine anytime soon

I'm sorry hun, we're going through the same with thomas at the moment but it won't last forever I promise :hugs:

Sorry to hear you're not coping very well and the broken sleep probably dosent help and makes every thing feel worse. I agree with Moomin, is there a family member who can take care of LO for you over night just to give you a break, if you are not comfortable with over night, what about during the day just so you get some you time, or ask daddy to take him out for the day so you can catch up with some sleep etc. You probably should speak with your Dr also, we all know HVs can be a little patronising at the best of times and not always the best people to speak to.

I wanted everything into set routines when I had Olivia but ive found this time im alot more relaxed about routines etc, Isla goes upto bed when we go upto bed etc where as with Olivia I had her up in bed by 7pm every night and I found i was constantly up and down, they are still very young, ive taken myself by surprise by my parenting methods this time round at how relaxed ive been at the whole routine thing but there is still plenty of time to introduce routine and believe me I will be introducing it. It does get easier with time, promise.

x

ok so just got back from the hv and for the first time in the 5 months ive jaycob i feel positive :happydance:

i stood up to her and told her wat i thort, told her i was weaning him the way i wanted to as thats how he wants to be, told her how i was feeling about my mental health and how she has made me feel, and she was really nice about it, and even sed that she is so happy with me and that im doing a great job with jaycob, and how much ive grown stronger since the day jaycob was born wen i was first diognosed with pnd to how i am now.

:shock: i want wat eva she had in her breakfast cos she seemed happy for once lol, hope all u ladies are ok

still not getting anywhere with jaycobs sleeping we still have hours of screaming at night, i dread cuming up to 8pm, love the days though he is such a happy chappy, babbling laughing etc

Maybe just stop the routine and just go with the flow, so that way he's not fighting it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->