~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

I feel for you hope and faith!!! I hope your bubba comes soon! I'm ready to get this show on the road and I'm not even 39 weeks yet so I can't imagine. I'm hoping Stella hurry's up because she is so low I feel like she is going to fall out. 3cm dilated and 60% effaced as of yesterday's appointment sO I've been doing everything I can to move it along... So far nothing but cramps and discomfort. Ugh.

39 weeks tomorrow and no sign!

Urgh! Especially after all the early labour warnings i had at 34 & 36 weeks.

Right girls.... heads up and lets not get down about it we obviously are just offering way too much comfort for LO's to come out!:hugs:

Right girls.... heads up and lets not get down about it we obviously are just offering way too much comfort for LO's to come out!:hugs:

yes thats were our mommy instincts start :)

well ladies i had my 38 week app today and im still at 2cm. i had a sweep done to see if perhaps things will get going. If not, i will be induced on monday!! I was really hoping for things to go on there own like it did with my DD but DH leaves to Taiwan on the 24th so we dont want him to miss the birth. Hard to believe that ill have my LO in 5 days... i hope the days dont drag out bc i know i will be very anxious :blush:

Um, here's my birth story if anyone is interested. I don't think I posted it? Apologies if I did.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...135741-colton-here-positive-labour-story.html

Hang in there, everyone! :)

An update from me - just had my 40-week midwife appt and unfortunately things aren't looking like baby will arrive anytime soon! Baby's head is only 2/5ths engaged. She offered me a sweep, which I accepted, but she coukdn't do it as cervix was posterior and closed!
I'm not surprised but still a little disappointed! She started talking about the next 2-3 sweeps they'd offer me & then an induction in 14-days if no luck before then! 😖
I hope everyone else is progressing better!

quick question to all you who have just been through it or have given birth before.

Do you always get a bloody show? I just read on an NCT pamphlet thingy that you often get an increase in clear or white discharge instead of your show. Has this been your experience?

I had an increase in discharge then mild spotting then lost my mucous plug over about four days and then no discharge our spouting for about another four days and then a slow leak in my amniotic sac and contractions started. I can't recall if I ever posted my birth story on here. It's in my journal on page 18...

quick question to all you who have just been through it or have given birth before.

Do you always get a bloody show? I just read on an NCT pamphlet thingy that you often get an increase in clear or white discharge instead of your show. Has this been your experience?

I've not been through it yet but I have read the same in many different places so I had stopped worrying about getting one. I've had a change in volume of CM, when I get up in the morning its running down my legs (sorry TMI! :blush:) which it never did before. Hoping thats a sign!

Oh really? Well that sounds promising then because I got increased discharge the last 2-3 days. :)

I didnt have a show in my last pregnancy until i was in labour and contracting every 2 minutes.

I am still pregnant and fed up ... but have had a lovely day with my lil girl. I have planned a trip to the safari park tomorrow to take my mind off things.

My friend Corrie had her baby yesterday evening at exactly 39 weeks, little dude was only 5 pounds 8 oz. But he is a strong little one. His mom is super athletic and tiny.

I ate a whole pineapple this morning! Haha I know it's not an accurate form of inducing labor but I really wanted some pineapple.

Kinda weird but other than that my appetite has been changing alot. I feel like I have to remind myself to eat. Especially at night I feel like I have to force myself to eat something. So weird..

I wish I could remind myself to eat. I am eating too much since about week 36. lol I ate a lot healthier before that and watch what I am eating so baby gets a lot of nutrients but now it is fast food and I dont cook as much anymore. I still eat a lot of fruit though.
39+5 today and getting a few twinges. But it is baby kicking. I just noticed it hurts more now. Must be getting tight in there. Time to come out. :)

My friend Corrie had her baby yesterday evening at exactly 39 weeks, little dude was only 5 pounds 8 oz. But he is a strong little one. His mom is super athletic and tiny.

I ate a whole pineapple this morning! Haha I know it's not an accurate form of inducing labor but I really wanted some pineapple.

Kinda weird but other than that my appetite has been changing alot. I feel like I have to remind myself to eat. Especially at night I feel like I have to force myself to eat something. So weird..

Same here - I believe it to be where the placenta doesn't need to pass on so much to the baby now its fully baked.....it's main job now is passing on antibodies and it starts to decline in week 39-40 hence you don't feel so hungry.

Im hoping that all this silence means that people are in labor. I wish I was. It's like 95 degrees here and I'm laying on my couch naked with the fan pointed at me praying that lo comes soon but I'm probably in for the long haul. I feel so ready to have my baby!!!! So sick of being pregnant in this awful heat. It's horrible! I just want to hold her in my arms now! Anyways, hope to hear some good news from someone soon!!!

No baby here yet! Also tired of the heat!! Im trying to prepare myself mentally for my induction on Monday. I'm excited but nervous. I just my baby here safe and healthy. Keep having dreams that I don't have any progress through labor that lead to emergency section :( ... On lighter note DH and I are going to enjoy our weekend as much as we can before the big day!

No labour here! I think people are also avoiding me now as I seem in such a bad mood all the time!

I have another sweep booked for tomorrow but I am doubting that it will work as nothing seems to be shifting this little madam.

Hope everyone is ok x x x

I'm in a foul mood everyday too - wonder if thats a sign for us?! More like a mixture of depression from going overdue and the heat!

I'm getting so fed up with people asking everyday - 'any signs', 'any twinges'........do they not realise that many signs of labour are actually personal, ie shows, poops etc.....I just say no and start talking about something else. If there is one thing I have learnt from my own pregnancy, its never to think its acceptable to touch a pregnant womans tummy and also never to ask the 'any signs' question to an overdue woman!

Candy Cane. What if you got someone with the same due date to send you the code from their signature?

Due date for me. Prob best it doesn't happen today. In laws on stand by to watch Holly while we are in hospital and Mil has a night out with her friends planned...

No LO for us yet either!

Although despite the weather and the continual visits to the hospital for BP checks I am in quite good spirits! I dont have loads of energy but I keep finding myself wanting to do stuff! Like last night at 9 oclock we decided to go to Soho and have coffee and cake and a wander round. It felt great to be impulsive knowing that we wont be able to do that again for a long time!

Today we are going for a walk to feed the ducks then cinema tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->