August 2013 Rainbow Babies!!

Pray mine did too but I don't even use it lol

So I met with the high risk doctor today and the only option would be lovenox. Which I assumed. But she said I really didn't meet the criteria for it. She said that I personally have not had a blood clot, that I don't have anti phospholipid syndrome, that the methyfolate reduces homocysteine levels (which is the main clotting factor about MTHFR that homocysteine gets out of control because of the lack of folic acid), etc. in the end she does not recommend it.

I asked for more blood work specifically regarding clotting issues. And she agreed. Once we get back the results I will make my decision then :)

But she said something that made me really happy. She said "this will be a successful pregnancy." :)

Crystal, that's awesome! In all my reproductive escapades, I have tried to adopt the mantra, "if the doctor's not worried, I'm not worried". But your doctor is so optimistic about your pregnancy. That has to be so reassuring for you.

On a side note, whenever I see the abbreviation for your diagnosis, I read it as "MOTHERF@$&ER". I'm sure it has been for you too!

Trust me I read it that was too!!

And it is reassuring. But I'm definitely going to wait to see what the results say.

Pray, I'm glad you like your pillow. I'm sure they all take some getting used to. My husband and going to die when he sees it. I don't know of he is aware of how large they are. I just hope it works. It does make me a bit worried to buys pillow online that I have never felt. Let me know how you like your Doppler. I've been contemplating buying an affordable one or renting a hospital one. Obviously, if rather pay a flat rate and keep it but there are sooo many brands. I feel overwhelmed.

Bunny, that is great need about your uterus. I'm so glad that tech was just a nut job. She shouldn't be making diagnosis anyway. She doesn't have a doctorate. Mine have always been very vague because they could get in trouble for saying too much. I literally laughed out loud at what you said about MTHFR because I've always thought the same thing. When I read it in my head I don't know how to pronounce it so I just say that instead. Glad it's not just me.

Crystal, I'm so happy your doctor is optimistic! It is such a relief. I've seen three OB's and all of them are so positive about this pregnancy. I am just over the moon. I'm so tempted to tell the world that I am pregnant but then the more sensible side of me has to calm myself down. Ideally we would like to wait until 20 weeks to announce it but I don't know how realistic that is. I'm not very patient when it comes to stuff like this especially when all my friends are happily and publicly pregnant. I think it makes it harder considering they got pregnant after my last due date and I'm still stuck in the closet stage of my pregnancy. After three tries I have yet to make it to the second trimester. Sorry for the ADD rant. Lol. I have so many emotions at once, I feel like I'm going crazy.

Ambiguous DEFINITELY recommend the Sonoline B ... Lots of women on here get it and I have found baby twice already!!!

We are announcing to DHs family and to the rest of mine on Saturday. Then it will be public knowledge. Hoping that the doctor was right. My doppler is my safety net :) I used it on days when I don't feel confident!

Pray, I'm glad you like your pillow. I'm sure they all take some getting used to. My husband and going to die when he sees it. I don't know of he is aware of how large they are. I just hope it works. It does make me a bit worried to buys pillow online that I have never felt. Let me know how you like your Doppler. I've been contemplating buying an affordable one or renting a hospital one. Obviously, if rather pay a flat rate and keep it but there are sooo many brands. I feel overwhelmed.

Bunny, that is great need about your uterus. I'm so glad that tech was just a nut job. She shouldn't be making diagnosis anyway. She doesn't have a doctorate. Mine have always been very vague because they could get in trouble for saying too much. I literally laughed out loud at what you said about MTHFR because I've always thought the same thing. When I read it in my head I don't know how to pronounce it so I just say that instead. Glad it's not just me.

Crystal, I'm so happy your doctor is optimistic! It is such a relief. I've seen three OB's and all of them are so positive about this pregnancy. I am just over the moon. I'm so tempted to tell the world that I am pregnant but then the more sensible side of me has to calm myself down. Ideally we would like to wait until 20 weeks to announce it but I don't know how realistic that is. I'm not very patient when it comes to stuff like this especially when all my friends are happily and publicly pregnant. I think it makes it harder considering they got pregnant after my last due date and I'm still stuck in the closet stage of my pregnancy. After three tries I have yet to make it to the second trimester. Sorry for the ADD rant. Lol. I have so many emotions at once, I feel like I'm going crazy.

I read a lot of reviews before I made the decision to buy it, and they were all very positive!

I got my Doppler and tried it this afternoon. I unfortionately couldn't find the heartbeat, but found the placenta! I thought I found it once, but whatever I found was only 125-130. Oh we'll, I will keep trying!

AmbiguousHope: I am glad you found out that the discharge was just from the meds. I too had a difficult time discerning the heart beat when I got an ultrasound last, but I hope to train my ear better once I get this Sonoline B doppler I ordered

Hope1409: It is not silly at all to be upset about names. Names mean a lot and when someone comes and steals the spotlight, it stings!!

Pray2bBlessed: Hope you get some comfort out of that pillow. I am thinking of taking some drastic measures so I can get some better sleep. I get more and more tired as the days go by. It doesn't help that my dreams leave me exhausted at times. I always have action=adventure like dreams and I wake up so tired from them!!

I also got the Sonoline B but am still waiting for mine. I expect it to arrive tomorrow as I tracked it and saw that it was in process at a nearby post office today. Can't wait to try it out!!

Bunnyslippers: Breakfast food is so good. Yum!! I have been wanting to go to IHOP to inhale pancakes since the All You can eat pancakes promo is back, but I don't think that would be a good idea for me if I want to maintain my weight. I have gotten bad about fast food. I like to think that my craving for fruit (esp watermelon) and green beans balances out the intake of fast food hehee

Sucks about the tech. Sounds like she is taking on more than she can chew!!

Crystal5483: Glad you got such a great, positive prognosis!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend ahead of them!! I plan to visit with friends and family. I really need to get out of the house. I feel better about the pregnancy, but still need to do more to keep my mind busy. For the last week or so, I have had increased cm. It is a little unnerving as it makes me rush to the bathroom, but my symptoms are remaining steady and I am still hungry as heck, so I am taking that as a good sign. My next appointment isn't for another week and a half or so, so I am on pins and needles. My husband will be joining me for that one. I am hoping for more good news. So far, so good...

Crystal and Pray, thanks. If everyone on here is confident in that brand then that is enough for me. Like you Crystal, I have confident days and not so confident days. I think a doppler will help boost my confidence. Good luck telling your family Saturday. That is so exciting. I'm sure they will be thrilled! Pray, the placenta is still a good sign. Keep me posted. When you find the HB, I think it will be the most amazing feeling.

Mama, I'm glad too. I used the Crinone again yesterday and I'm also noticing that in addition to the discharge it is irritating me on the inside. My DH and I did tried to DTD for the first time since the BFP earlier but I felt raw! We had to stop. :( I was so sad. I finally get him to agree and I'm the one who makes us stop. Don't feel bad for being so nervous about the CM. I think it's normal to have increased amounts. I know every time I go to the restroom I have to check the TP to make sure it's not blood. It's just now starting to become more of a habit then a conscious effort. The worry is still always there so I understand.

Pray if you got that reading near your hip it was most likely the artery that is there.

For me it was and still is legit right above the public bone just to the right of my belly button. The baby is a galloping sound. The placenta is a swoosh sound. I figured out that I had the artery after watching you tube videos :)

Mamatex- I just ate at iHop the other day and got the all you can eat pancakes! They sure were yummy! I could only finish one and a half stacks (of 2 each). I craved watermelon when I was pg with my son! I'm starting to again, but it sucks because you can't find any good ones around here right now!

Crystal- the placenta and what I heard was above my pelvic bone just left of below my belly button. I heard my hb in the artery by my hip bone too, but I knew that was just mine since it was too slow for the baby's.

Hi ladies, sounds like everyone is doing pretty good here at the moment aside from a few niggles here and there.
Was just thinking this thread is a pretty lucky one so far, looks like we are all on track for our rainbow babies.
Fingers crossed, we are getting closer every day

Oh my artery is in that range and the placenta doesn't really even register. Just a swoosh sound. Make sure to count heartbeats yourself as the display isn't very accurate.

You ladies are all very brave with your dopplers. I would use it to the point of obsessing over it. I'm better off without one.

Yesterday was a very light symptom day, so I was stressing things big time. Payback was today because I threw up this morning and my MS stayed with me all day. It's so weird because I've been feeling these strange bubble type twinges in my belly. Not gas, kind of like what it felt like when I started to feel DS moving and kicking. I realize its waaaaayyy to early for that, but thats the best way for me to describe it. I should point out that while feeling your baby move is reassuring and downright amazing, I always felt it more uncomfortable that anything else. Call me crazy.

Bunny, I'm not sure but I think I could have felt it twice last week. Once when I had my seat belt on and it was pressing into my abdomen and once, yesterday, when I was lying on my back. I've never felt this feeling before in my life so I know it wasn't gas or anything. It felt like there was a feather in my abdomen and it did two tiny brushing motions, once back and then fourth. Very quick and very faint. I'm not saying it was the baby but I honestly have no other explanation. It makes since to me though because it seems like both times I noticed it, my uterus had gentle pressure on it which could cause it to push up against the baby. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. Also my MS has been very moody. Friday I felt wonderful but Saturday I was miserable the entire day and even lost my dinner (I've only gotten sick on a full stomach one other time) very strange. I would always freak out when my symptoms were better but I've learned that they will come back so I better enjoy it while I can.

I'm thinking I may wait a least a week or two to get my Doppler, maybe more. I'm worried if I bought it now I won't be able to find anything when the doctor had so much trouble. She does this many times a day, every day. Anyway, next week I'm going to buy an exercise bike. We just built a house and we are due to move in to it next weekend. I'm going to take a week off work to get settled in and I would like to be able to work out. Plus with being pregnant I feel I should try to be fit for the babies health (I've been slacking majorly!).

Oooooo, congrats on the new house, Ambiguous! How exciting!

My sister had two kids before I had DS, and I remember asking her all these questions about being pregnant, and about babies after he was born. She always said it was a blur and that she couldn't remember. I would always say, "WHAT?!?!? How can you not remember?" Now I can't remember anything either. Too funny.

Yeah, I should probably exercise too. Maybe walk on my treadmill. I'm so afraid though! Maybe in the 2nd trimester.

I go to water aerobics and I love it....even if I'm the youngest in the class! Lol!

Bunny, thank you. We found a tenant for our condo pretty quickly but our house hadn't even started yet so we've been staying with my parents for about 9 months now. Needless to say we are more than ready to move! I have a special needs brother who lives here too and five adults in one house is feeling pretty cramped. Even worse was the TTC. Lol. DH is getting a treadmill for his workout but I'm not aloud to use it because I have hip problems.

Pray, I've always wanted to do water arobics!!! I swear I think I'm an 80 year old woman at heart. I knit and sew and love jigsaw puzzles. I also keep a throw blanket at every corner of the house because I am always cold. My husband teases me and says he is going to trade me in for a younger model. Actually my parents neighbor hires some tall dark and handsome guy to come to her house to teach her and all her friends water arobics.

Anyway, I think I'm finally getting better. I had a really rough weekend. Saturday night I went out with one of my girl friends for dinner. Thank god I cut the night short. As soon as I got home I lost my entire dinner. That's unusual for my morning sickness because usually I feel better after eating comfort food. I felt like total crap. I went to bed and barely chocked down my prenatals. Slept most of the night but woke up to more sickness. Ate some oyester crackers and lost those too. I was supposed to have lunch with the inlaws but thank goodness I didn't go. Went till 4pm and tried to eat again and lost that. I got really scared because I know I had to be dehydrated and its been almost 24 hours since I had anything. Got ahold of the OB on call and he gave me a suppository RX for naseau. He said if I take that and still can't keep anything down then I will have to stay in the hospital overnight for fluids and to keep an eye on the baby. It worked, thank goodness. Also DH bought me a thermometer from the pharmacy and my temp has been 99.3 all night. I didn't sleep well and I'm still dehydrated but I'm going to try really hard to drink today. My stomach is feeling a little uneasy atm so I may have to take another pill. I really hope this is a bug and not my morning sickness getting worse. I know a temperature is a sign of infection so I guess that's actually a good sign. Fingers crossed! I had to go to the ER for fluids less then a year ago when I miscarried and I really don't want to go back. :( On a lighter note, I'm 11 weeks today. If I make it trough this week then it is the furthest I've ever been!!!!

Oh ambiguous! I hope you start to feel better soon and don't have to go to the ER! Feeling sick like that is miserable!

I know your going to make it through the week!

AmbiguousHope, oh my goodness. I hope you get to feeling better too!! Congratulations on making it to 11 weeks. I have a little more than a week to go before I hit 11 weeks. I woke up pretty tired this morning. I barely woke up long enough to tell my husband good bye, but he managed to get a kiss on my tummy to the baby.

My weekend was calm, but also rather disappointing due to me not having success with my doppler. I got my doppler in the mail over the weekend and tried to find the baby's heart beat but only heard the sound of blood whooshing through the artery down there and my own heart beat!! I have a lot of padding and plus I am not quite 10 weeks so I will wait a few more days before I try again. I am hoping things go well at my next appointment when I will be 11 weeks. My husband is coming for the first time to my appointments so this is a really big deal. I am so scared of going and having him there only to find out that the baby passed. So far, I have had nothing but good appointments and scans so I am hoping the trend continues. It is just hard not to worry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->