August 2013 Rainbow Babies!!

I will be about 10 1/2 weeks and this is the first time they will attempt to hear it. They said they may not and if that's the case she'll do an ultrasound to confirm.

I wish I could have another ultrasound, I want to see my little bean again! Lol! I don't think my new OB has a machine in her office, but not positive. When I had my scan a little over a week ago, she had me go to the hospital outpatient testing facility.

Sadly I'm almost hoping she can't find it do I can get the US to see my healthy little bean :)

Then I'm doing the NT Down's syndrome screening ultrasound which happens like 12 weeks ish I think

Then I'm paying for a private scan at 15 weeks then ill have one at 18 weeks lol

I wont be getting another scan until 12wks buthey ho glad i saw littleun yesterday. I havent decided about the downs syndrom test what are everyones thoughts on it?

The one I am choosing to do is the US with a blood test. Im low risk but I figure why not. I would not have another scan until 18 weeks in the medical setting if I didn't do the NT downs scan.

yes i guess your right, they combine it here at the 12wk scan so you dont get another scan until 16-18wks. i only want whats right i guess i will have the test.

I think dh and I are deciding to do the Down syndrome test too. The us with bloodwork. I am not 100% sure I want to do it but dh thinks its best that we do whatever test we can that's not invasive and will provide us more info on our little one.

We are going to get us and bloodtests for downs syndrome too. I am the sort of person that likes to have as much info as possible and its non invasive.
The tricky decision would be what to do if results came back high risk.....

I need to have an idea up front ahead of time. More info the better you know?

We didn't do the DS testing with my son. Because I would still be having the baby either way, and if it would come back as high risk, it could make you worry about it for nothing, since there have been lots of false positives. So I don't think I'm going to have it done this time either. All I can do is pray for a healthy baby!

We have talked about it and not sure what we would do if got high risk rating. The amniocentesis has a risk of miscarriage so not sure if we would go ahead with that or not. It's such a tricky decision to make cos I know I would want to know.
My age puts me in the high risk bracket but could be lowered depending on results from ultrasound and blood tests

Sorry I have been MIA guys. I've been super sick and not feeling well enough to even turn on my computer. I did start back at work thursday. It was rough after having almost two weeks off to sleep and spoil myself. That is literally all I did. I even declined going out for new years because I felt so icky. This morning I woke up my poor husband to the sound of me puking in my bedside bucket. I've never seen the man jump up so quickly from a dead sleep.

Crystal, I LOVE the comment you made a little while back to your husband about "having a hand". I literally laughed out loud. My DH asked what I was laughing at and I told him. He didn't find the humor in it. Lol. I guess he relates to the situation too much. Love the scans too. I can't wait to hear about hwow your app went tomorrow. I feel the same way you do about hoping the doppler can't pick up the heartbeat. My next app is the 16th. I will be 11+2 and I am dying for an ultrasound.

My DH and I discussed having the testing down for down syndrome and stuff but we both agreed not to do it. Even if it came back positive, we wouldn't do anything. Why spend the money, add the risk, or cause extra worry (if we got a false positive). I understand why people would want it but it just doesn't seem like the right choice for us.

Love all the scan pictures ladies! I'm so excited to see more in the future.

Has anyone else's boobs been feeling.... normal? I was really worried because I can squeeze them really hard and they don't hurt. DH even had to get in on the action but nothing bothered them. I even slept without a bra. GASP! I read online that the second trimester they don't hurt as much but I'm only 9+6 weeks. Oh, also today we went to Target and my cervix really started to hurt. It was like I could feel my uterus bouncing on top of it as I walked on the hard surface and then once we got to the car I kept getting this stabbing pain. It lasted about an hour before it went away. It really had me scared.

Has anyone else's boobs been feeling.... normal? I was really worried because I can squeeze them really hard and they don't hurt. DH even had to get in on the action but nothing bothered them. I even slept without a bra. GASP! I read online that the second trimester they don't hurt as much but I'm only 9+6 weeks.

Mine don't hurt anymore either. Just a little bit every now and then.

Ambighope My boobs are sore on and off, they started out small so i guess thats why i notice them more! Weird about your cervix pain not come across that yet but maybe its uterous growing. I hope your ms clears up soon have you got something for it?

Afm had another hungry day yeterday, trouble was all we had was freezer food because we are going to Prague on thursday and havent been shopping in a while! I have been ill with different colds since i got pregnant and its getting me down, i worry all the coughing might hurt lil one. I've noticed a small bump begining, im usually skinny, when i breath in its deff there. Also i weighed myself for the first time since before my mc, i put on a stone!! This is unheard of for me i weigh more than i have ever weighed in my life! 10stone.4, which is about 65kg i normally weigh 9.5stone! If this keeps up i will be the size of a house!

Ambiguous .... Haha! No guy likes that response :)

Sorry to those of you are feeling poorly!!

Last night I used the doppler and I found the HB!!! Measuring 174! :) little big was just above my public bone and snack dab in the middle!

Crystal that's so awesome you found the heartbeat!

Im with you merri about gaining weight! DH made a comment yesterday gently trying to say that I am eating too much. He's right, but he didn't have to say it! Eating is the only thing that curbs my nausea, if only temporarily. He wants. Me to ask my OB about taking B6 for nausea. Has anyone done this? Does it work?

Scan tomorrow!

Edit: Ooooohhhhh I found my Sea Bands from my last pregnancy. I'm going to see if they work.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/Crystal5483/38AD6A99-0A3A-4472-9CEC-DE83E4A6BE39-3741-0000133BBF0717AE.jpg

She Didn't even bother trying the Doppler she just automatically gave me an ultrasound

Yay Crystal! Great scan!

I am so mad at DH! :growlmad: I had a doc appt this afternoon and he was supposed to be going with me. Well about 30 mins before my appt, he texts me to tell me he's not going to make it! I was like what? Are you kidding me? It's hard to control a 2 1/2 year old by myself at the doctors office! If I would have known ahead of time I could of asked my mom to watch my son! When I was pg with my son he went to every appt, this time he hasn't been to any, except the US, he hasn't even met my new OB!

Ok, I think I got my ranting out. Anyways, my OB tried to find the HB with the Doppler, but she told me ahead of time that she probably wouldn't be able to find it yet since I'm only 8w4d (which I already knew). She couldn't find it. So she is having me come back in 2 weeks and she said she should be able to find it then. I was hoping for another scan....oh well!

My coldness have come back with avengance lately but FX my sickness is going off a little now, i am so sure i can feel some teeny tiny movement ( like a bubble popping) but i dont think its possible yet really with DD i felt her wriggling really early and it felt like tiny worms wriggling but this is pops like the baby has flipped over

Pray so sorry! If it makes you feel any better DH only went for ultrasounds with DDZ Snd hasn't gone to one appointment yet this time around lol

Leffy I'm feeling the same! And I saw baby flip yesterday so I guess it's possible lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->