August 2013 Rainbow Babies!!

Hi ladies,sorry for being AWOL again, I keep avoiding stuff co im getting close to the day my last loss was discovered, 11w5d but i have seen the baby since 8weeks, we last saw the little monkey at 10weeks 2 days :)

Is anyone else less sicky but more tired?

I just went to my first MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers)meeting at my church. It was a lot of fun! I told them I was expecting, and that is the first group of people other than my family that I have told.

Hi everyone! Hope youre all well sounds like you are mostly, sorry you have been sick again ambiguos i really hope it stops for you soon. Im pleased we are getting some doppla action here it so exciting.

Afm dh and me just celebrated our 9 year anniversary we had a great trip to prague for 3 days it was so beautiful. It was great to eat out 3x day! Back to normality now. Been up and down lately my symptoms come and go so do cramps but still ravenous. Only 3 weeks until scan!

Hey ladies. Good day or good night to you!!

I am sitting here trying to keep myself from eating more brownies. I baked some last night for my husband's birthday. I am afraid the pan will be gone by the time he gets back.

:blush:

Thank you everyone. I'm feeling much better today. I woke up with a 99.0 temp but I've kept everything down (minus my routine morning sickness during the brushing of my teeth). I was clearly still dehydrated but I forced myself to drink quite a bit and now I feel almost back to normal.

Pray, thank you! I'm surprised at my level of confidence today. I even started looking online at new vehicles. I'm a nanny of three and drive a 2 door accord. There is no way I will be able to take the baby to work with this car. Not to mention, I really don't want to deal with an infant in a two door car ever again. So I'm going to need a pretty large vehicle to fit 4 carseats.

Mama, that's so sweet that he kisses your belly. My husband was pretty affectionate with our last pregnancy but this one we both have been pretty reserved. I know it's half me but I wish he was a little more affectionate. I think it would help me loosen up. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Doppler. Hang in there though. I know I had the doctor controlling it and I still couldn't hear it. I think it takes not only a trained hand but I trained ear when you're earlier than 12 weeks. Like you, I have a little extra padding around my midsection and I'm afraid that is probably half my problem. I'm glad your husband is able to join you at your app. I'm sure your baby is ok. Just keep confident and spoil yourself. I know it's easier said than done. ;) I've been craving brownies terribly. I even tried that kind on Pinterest where you make a single serving in a coffee mug. It was awful. Don't get me wrong, I ate half of it, but I couldn't finish it.

Leffy, did you get a good HB at your last app? My OB said if you get a good HB after 8 weeks then your chances go down dramatically. If you can't hear the HB though it may just be too early. It's when you get one but it's slow. I've actually been feeling less tired but more sickly. That could be from the bug I had but even now I still feel pretty nauseous.

Pray, that is so exciting. I love telling new people. I heard through the grapevine that a friend of mine is pregnant after TTC. I think she is a tad farther than me but I should see her tomorrow. I'm so excited to tell her that I am pregnant too.

Merri, thank you. Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a great trip. DH and I are taking about going to Nashville in the spring to see a rock concert. The problem is (fingers crossed) I will be 27 weeks pregnant at that time. I don't know how I will feel since I've never been that far before. I know they do have sections with seating but he is pushing for the standing area because its closer to the stage.

Aw Ambiguous A trip to Nashville sounds great have you ever been there before? How far is it from you? My friend who just had twins went to a 3 day music festival when she was 5 months! Don't get me wrong she strggled to keep up with us all but she managed to have a good dance and enjoyed it, she was deffinately ready to go home though, I think if it was one day you would be fine.
Mama you always make me so jelous with you food habits! I love brownies I made beetroot and chocolate brownies and they were amazing!
Is anyones tummys popping yet? I may have a small bump now, cant suck it all in anymore!
So after saying how I had no symptoms yesterday I was really sick this am and felt sick most of today, I think im dehydrated my pee smells strong ? Has anyone else had or have pain below there belly button from time to time? I get a kind of pulling feeling a bit sort of tight like my navel is pulling toward my back?? Very Weird!

hi ladies....my scan is tomorrow and the day could not go any slower! I pray everything is ok.

Do any of you ladies suffer from acid reflex? I never have in the past but i know its a common symptom in pregnancy. The last few days have been so bad I don't know what to do to ease it. Any suggestions ladies?

Hi hope, good luck for your scan fx for you. On the reflux, its really common you could try changing eating habits such as avoiding fizzy drinks, chocolate, coffee,fatty foods, spicy foods. Also it says asprin can cause it too. Sit up straight! If its really bad check at pharmacy for safe antacids.

I just heard the loveliest sound! I found the babies heartbeat with my Doppler! I could only pinpoint it for like 30 sec and then the baby would move!

Hope- I had acid reflux a lot for the first few weeks, it has eased off a bit now. Tums were my friend for a while!

My scan went amazing today! Our little walnut was moving around so much it was unbelievable! Dh was able to capture it on video so that is all I have been doing since we got home. I can't stop watching!

Thanks on the reflux tips. Tums doesn't do much for me but I asked my doc today and he suggests Maalox so it coats the throat. Gona go and get some and see if that helps.

Merri, I've been once as a child. I've always wanted to go back. It's about a 5 hour drive from where I live. I'll be one week shy of 7 months pregnant. If he goes, I'll go with him but if given the choice I think I'd go at three to five months or after the baby is born. My husband has commented on my belly already. I've been wearing flowy tops because I'm at the phase where if you didn't know you would think I had a gut. It weird, it's not just the front. I feel like I've lost my curves too. Like I'm filling out on the sides too. Perhaps I'm just paranoid. I get that pain too though. Especially when I stretch or roll over. Your uterus is expanding as well as the ligaments that hold it in place.

Hope, that's great news! I am so eager to see our LO but we are going to have to wait until our 20 week scan. Bah!

Pray, I'm so glad you finally got it! Now you're making me want to order mine.

Well, we closed on our house. DH started moving today while I was at work. We picked out some paint colors for him to paint our bedroom and bath before I start moving in. Although its his idea to paint in the first place, I'm fine with waiting till after the baby, he is dragging his feet. I told him I refuse to wait any longer than Friday to move in.

Thank you everyone. I'm feeling much better today. I woke up with a 99.0 temp but I've kept everything down (minus my routine morning sickness during the brushing of my teeth). I was clearly still dehydrated but I forced myself to drink quite a bit and now I feel almost back to normal.

Leffy, did you get a good HB at your last app? My OB said if you get a good HB after 8 weeks then your chances go down dramatically. If you can't hear the HB though it may just be too early. It's when you get one but it's slow. I've actually been feeling less tired but more sickly. That could be from the bug I had but even now I still feel pretty nauseous.
Hiya! We saw the HB on the scan and baby was wriggling nicely, We don't hear the HB on a doppler until 16w here, and that tooth brushing sickness is all i have left, Im OK as long as i brush them before i eat or drink.

So after saying how I had no symptoms yesterday I was really sick this am and felt sick most of today, I think im dehydrated my pee smells strong ? Has anyone else had or have pain below there belly button from time to time? I get a kind of pulling feeling a bit sort of tight like my navel is pulling toward my back?? Very Weird!
Thats how my wee is, its orangey too :sick: the pullingpain is your ligaments stretcing nd pulling I get it on and off x
hi ladies....my scan is tomorrow and the day could not go any slower! I pray everything is ok.

Do any of you ladies suffer from acid reflex? I never have in the past but i know its a common symptom in pregnancy. The last few days have been so bad I don't know what to do to ease it. Any suggestions ladies?

Ooh good luck honey! yes reflux is MING, try lots of milk and or dairy, i also take gaviscon tablets (I asked my doc and they are OK)

I just heard the loveliest sound! I found the babies heartbeat with my Doppler! I could only pinpoint it for like 30 sec and then the baby would move!
:happydance::happydance: nothing better is there? Im not sure if i can hear my babies HB i can catch the placenta and the movements i think but i dont know if the fast beat is the baby or not?

:happydance::happydance: nothing better is there? Im not sure if i can hear my babies HB i can catch the placenta and the movements i think but i dont know if the fast beat is the baby or not?[/QUOTE]

I watched a couple of videos on YouTube to help me figure out what to look for. Once I heard it, I knew that was it! It was between 160-170bpm.

I tried to find it again last night for DH, but baby didn't want to make an appearance! Lol!

Well today I'm 10w, and I think I'm going to make the big announcement on fb. It's been so hard keeping it in when I have dozens of friends on fb that are pg! I'm not having a 12 week scan, so there's no waiting till that like a lot of women are. Plus I've made it past the point of all my MCs!

Leffy im so happy your scan went well and your sickness is improving.
Ambiguous congrats on your new home, so exciting but i bet youre glad it is happening now not a few months down the line!
Pray im 10 wks tomorrow! It seems to be creeping up to when i found out i mc last time, im still nervous about telling people, i will tell close friends at 12wks and others later!

My hips are so sore. I have a really physical job and i walk miles a day, today i can barely stand without painful joints. I hope i dont get rlp. As for belly button pain, none today but i read up and agree that its stretching, much more of that to come! I got my scan date its 1st feb. Really excited, but also nervous to get to 11 wks safely as thats when i mc last pg.

:happydance::happydance: nothing better is there? Im not sure if i can hear my babies HB i can catch the placenta and the movements i think but i dont know if the fast beat is the baby or not?

I watched a couple of videos on YouTube to help me figure out what to look for. Once I heard it, I knew that was it! It was between 160-170bpm.

I tried to find it again last night for DH, but baby didn't want to make an appearance! Lol!

Well today I'm 10w, and I think I'm going to make the big announcement on fb. It's been so hard keeping it in when I have dozens of friends on fb that are pg! I'm not having a 12 week scan, so there's no waiting till that like a lot of women are. Plus I've made it past the point of all my MCs!

I have watched a few videos but i dont know if my doppler distorts the sound maybe? there is no screen on mine so you cant see the speed and there is a sound that could be it but im just not sure it seems to almost be one continous burble IYKWIM?

Leffy im so happy your scan went well and your sickness is improving.
Ambiguous congrats on your new home, so exciting but i bet youre glad it is happening now not a few months down the line!
Pray im 10 wks tomorrow! It seems to be creeping up to when i found out i mc last time, im still nervous about telling people, i will tell close friends at 12wks and others later!

My hips are so sore. I have a really physical job and i walk miles a day, today i can barely stand without painful joints. I hope i dont get rlp. As for belly button pain, none today but i read up and agree that its stretching, much more of that to come! I got my scan date its 1st feb. Really excited, but also nervous to get to 11 wks safely as thats when i mc last pg.
thanks! but um I spoke too soon I was sick loads yesterday! :dohh: also congrats Ambiguous! i missed that! :happydance: you must be so exited!

Leffy - You can try counting the heartbeat by yourself. Count the beats for 15 seconds then multiply by 4. I should be in the range of 155 - 195.

Pray, thanks i will try that!

I was SO ill yesterday my MS was dreadfull, I dont feel much better today either! I hope its not just a bug though, im counting on it meaning baby is OK my scan is on the 24th :)

I used to work in a vets so got really good a taking heart rates, i assume the babies hb will sound more distant as its tiny, your own will be louder and slower and clearer, remember lo heart is tiny thats why mw dont like looking for it early as missing it is a pretty high statistic!
Hope you feel better Leffy, i read somewhere that ms is psychological! In theory you can think yourself well. Stress is a huge contributory factor, it suggests removing yourself from normal daily routines to trick yourself into feeling less stressed!,!:haha: oh well worth a go!

My hunger needs seem to have settled down im not feeling so giddy when i eat later than normal. My bbs grew overnight very weird!

hmmmm. Im not sure about that I have been ignoring what i could but this is being violently sick out of no-where I was crocheting my scarf and i said ooh i feel sick then i had to RUN to the loo it is definitely worse than i have ever had it before,I have been OK so far today though :thumbup:

I tried listening and counting today but i kept getting distracted! Meg is very interested in the baby at the minute

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->