August Mummies 2011 - 28 baby boys, 14 baby girls, and 4 beautiful angels so far xxx

zanes been dying to use his buggy board so we went out into town today. i needed yet more breastpads :dohh: so we went to get those and then zane went to the toy shop and got yet another toy lol

corey needed feeding so we went into costa and got a drink and i fed corey....i had afew looks which pissed me off seen as i had my cover on so no one could see anything anyway lol
zane played up abit but it went well, im getting used to this feeding out and about lol

corey is now passed out in his chair...he settled himself which hes never done before so im impressed :D

DSCF2223.jpg

You can get washable breast pads, I've found them much more absorbent than the disposable ones, and I don't feel so bad going through 3 sets a day!
I feed Louis anywhere, I don't think I've had any dodgy looks, but then I don't usually pay any attention to other people when feeding, just my baby, stuff em!

i will have a look at reusable pads seen as im going thru more then 3 sets a day lol

Congratulations Zoee and and Sarah!! :dance: Have updated first post :)

Stef: that's what happened with Harri too, so know exactly how you feel :hugs: they said he was 8lbs 13ozs but he was wrapped in huge wet towel they'd used to clean him up on. Now they guesstimate he was likely about 7lbs 3ozs based on his weight gains xx

Well ladies the last few days have been my hardest so far my nips are soooo sore due to cluster feeding. The lansinoh barely gets a chance to work... had one good night where Harri slept really well and went 6hrs between feeds and by then my nips felt almost normal when he fed... till he chose to cluster feed every hour for 5hrs in a row again which is what he does most of the time. Tried expressing a feed, got 3ozs which he took in a tommee tippee bottle, but 10 mins later he wanted to latch onto me for more and then cluster fed all night... seriously considering giving him a couple days of formula top ups just at night as well as an expressed feed, just to gain enough time for the lansinoh to take effect... I have got nipple sheilds but am worried about using them at each feed for a few days in case he then won't feed from me without them...

Ahhh Jodie that is too funny! I was so worried my DD was going to be a boy - the first thing my hubby said when she came out was "She's a girl...I checked!!" :)

Auntbug - I've been meaning to ask you: how are you guys holding up with Irene? Are you getting any bad weather? I hope you're all doing ok! Glad Taylor's home :)

Congrats misszoee on your little boy!

Thanks Abs. We're in Charlotte, a few hours from the coast, so we didn't even get any rain :)

Ohhh good!!! :)

hello all, hope were all well, well it looks like the boys have won this one!!!

Won't be long now Chris! Looks like your bubba just didn't want to have an August birthday! Keep us posted!

Finally got around to posting my birth story today!

Can't believe that my little lady is going to be a month old tomorrow :cry: time flies far to quickly xx

I breastfed in public for the first time today :) I'm chuffed to bits. No cover or anything. Just whapped it out. TBH LO kind of forced it on me. It was eother feed her or she would have screamed blue murder til i got her home so i went to a cafe and just got on with it. Got a couple of looks but just ignored them and concentrated on LO.

How is everyone else coping with the practicalities of parenting?

i never entered myself to this thread as our little boys were not due until November, i have told the story of our babies here https://www.babyandbump.com/premature-babies/722131-alfie-thomas-born-27-5-weeks.html#post12574383

our babies Alfie & Thomas were born 24th august @ 27+5 weeks

well you ladies all inspired me as I was being a wimp before but we have been out every day now, ive breastfed everywhere from a clinic to the registry office to sitting on a rock in a field! we went out to show my mum some of the sites trekking for a few hours and had a picnic and fed cleo al fresco then carried on!
also had her weighed and she is now 3.4 kilos, 7 lbs 5 oz, birth weight was 6lbs 8oz so I was really pleased as had been worrying i didnt have enough milk

I had my doctor's appointment today. I'm still 1 cm dilated if LO does not come this weekend my induction is scheduled for Tuesday.

:hugs: Thanks for sharing mummy to be. Sending you all the strength and prayers as your little boys grow stronger in the nicu. Sometimes it may feel like you'll never bring them home, but I'm sitting here holding my little girl after a month in the nicu. She was 2 lb 8 oz at birth and is already 4 lb 6 oz!

Along with August mummies, moms on the preemie forum have been a ton of support. There are quite a few with 27 weekers.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

Well... I can't believe August is over. :dust: to overdue mummies!

Do we have a parenting group?

Congratulations to all the new mommies :)

J was weighed today and he is a lovely 9 lb 11 oz. (7 lb 11 oz when he was born)

Still constantly feeding him. Sometimes he won't come off the breast but he can go from every 30 mins - 2 hours. Coping fine though, just so tired.

Hope you're all well :flower:

:wave: so the last official Aug baby has been born. Thinking of all u over due mummies, and hope those babies dont keep u waiting too long.

Congrats too all u new mummies I havent congratulated xxxxx

Cant belive how the boys have SO beat the girls this month xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->