August Mummies 2011 - 28 baby boys, 14 baby girls, and 4 beautiful angels so far xxx

I've been amazed at how difficult BF has been! I knew it would be a lot of work, but I didn't quite realise how all-consuming and painful it could be. I know I've stuggled with whether to continue on days. I in no way think FF is the easier road in terms of the work involved...but for my sanity of not feeling like a walking udder on those bad days!

A week ago today samuel was 10 minute old, I was getting my tummy stitched up and james was cradling our new bundle of joy. I feel all mmelon collie :(

Anyway he was 5 days late so born on 28th august instead of 23rd.I was booked in for an induction today.glad I didn't need it :)

It makes me feel better to see what everyone else is saying about BF. I tried and tried and Cullen just wouldn't do it. He latched poorly and hurt me, and then would fall asleep within about a minute. I am expressing milk and giving some formula now, but the expressing is a lot of work and makes it hard for me to care for him because I have to sit there hooked up to the pump. Honestly I am exhausted and never anticipated that BF would be such a challenge, as I just thought it would come naturally. The birth was much easier than trying to breastfeed and I have cried and cried over it. The only reason I am still expressing is because I feel bad about not BF and because my hubby is adamant about giving baby breastmilk. However, he is not very supportive in that he does not want to take the baby while I pump! I mean you can't have it both ways! I don't know what to do long term, because the current set up doesn't seem sustainable...

It makes me feel better to see what everyone else is saying about BF. I tried and tried and Cullen just wouldn't do it. He latched poorly and hurt me, and then would fall asleep within about a minute. I am expressing milk and giving some formula now, but the expressing is a lot of work and makes it hard for me to care for him because I have to sit there hooked up to the pump. Honestly I am exhausted and never anticipated that BF would be such a challenge, as I just thought it would come naturally. The birth was much easier than trying to breastfeed and I have cried and cried over it. The only reason I am still expressing is because I feel bad about not BF and because my hubby is adamant about giving baby breastmilk. However, he is not very supportive in that he does not want to take the baby while I pump! I mean you can't have it both ways! I don't know what to do long term, because the current set up doesn't seem sustainable...

ur oh needs a slap round the face!
how dare he push what he feels on u n then doesnt help, tell him to f off, follwed by saying stick a water melon up ur ass n then have a baby suck on u 24/7 n then tell me how easy it is.

god i bloody hate some men

tell him to f off, follwed by saying stick a water melon up ur ass n then have a baby suck on u 24/7 n then tell me how easy it is.

god i bloody hate some men

:rofl: Hilarious!

Sammygrace - sorry your OH is being a prat!

Hope every one is well?

I had Isla weighed on Thursday, dunno if I had already told you all or not but she was 7lb 13, shes doing really well :cloud9:

Having a hard time with Olivia as she hasnt taken to Isla very much, though today she has been much better with her, though im not expecting it to last.

OH is a pig and wont do night feeds, I could understand if he was back at work but nope. He's just being a complete ass. :nope: (should have expected it, it was the same with Olivia)

Xx

I'd get the bottle ready give him Isla and then go sleep on the sofa! Give him no choice!!

and Why isn't she taking well to her?? :(

I'm lucky - me and Steve have an agreement no matter what - He gets up and prepares the bottle and then I feed him and nappy change him. He even stays awake with me but then he'll annoy me in other ways like taking a two hour bath whilst the kids are both awake etc lol

Men!! Sometimes you just want to kill them all.

Magicbubble congrats on your baby!! :dance:

AFM OH and I had :sex: today :blush:

Hi all, have had a nightmare of it over the last few days... all of which been centred round my step daughter, her mother, and her grandmother. I won't go into full details but on Saturday morning I actually ended my relationship with Graeme over it and refused to have his daughter under my roof for another second... I'm so stressed out I haven't eaten for 3days.

A 2hr discussion with Grae that evening and we've made a compromise, but yet again I'm the one coming off worse as I do not ever want to be alone with his daughter now after this incident and the only way for that to happen is for him to give up his job... which means I have to go back to work instead and miss out on time with my babies 4days a week :cry:

I'm gutted, and am finding it hard to be normal around her. I barely said 5 words to her all day today. I'm going to miss my babies so much :cry::cry:

Hi all, have had a nightmare of it over the last few days... all of which been centred round my step daughter, her mother, and her grandmother. I won't go into full details but on Saturday morning I actually ended my relationship with Graeme over it and refused to have his daughter under my roof for another second... I'm so stressed out I haven't eaten for 3days.

A 2hr discussion with Grae that evening and we've made a compromise, but yet again I'm the one coming off worse as I do not ever want to be alone with his daughter now after this incident and the only way for that to happen is for him to give up his job... which means I have to go back to work instead and miss out on time with my babies 4days a week :cry:

I'm gutted, and am finding it hard to be normal around her. I barely said 5 words to her all day today. I'm going to miss my babies so much :cry::cry:

oh hun I'm so sorry xx pm me if you need to talk :( xx

Congrats magic bubble.
BF is so hard. There have been a couple of times where i've just wanted to give up. Mainly because of the pain in my nipples. But that is starting to subside now and it is getting easier.
Sammie grace, your oh is being a twat. To breastfeed you need ALOT of positive support and he needs to be put right.
TJW i saw on facebook that something had happened. I hope you're ok. So sorry about the return to work which is obviously something you don't want. If you need to talk/vent then just message me x

Men!! Sometimes you just want to kill them all.

Magicbubble congrats on your baby!! :dance:

AFM OH and I had :sex: today :blush:
We did the deed aswell today. I was so worried it would hurt after stitches but i found it to be quite enjoyable, lol :)

:hugs: So sorry tjw, I can't imagine dealing with all of that with your new little edition.

Aw, our boys share a birthday magicbubble!

Hope everything works out tjw xxx

:( after 4 weeks off OH has just gone back to work :( just me and LO eek! Scary stuff.

My dh goes back on Tuesday. I don't know what I'll do since we've been taking shifts with lo. Guess this will be my last night with any sleep :shrug:

My hubby only had a week off, and two of those days I was in hospital :-( Just me & the little man today.

with my first i made OH wait 12 weeks before we had sex, this time i dont have to worry about it lol

Me & OH haven't dtd yet. I had a second degree tear and am quite nervous about it hurting! Am just going to just go for it soon as am missing it a bit :blush:

Tjw so sorry you are having a rough time :hugs:

Me & OH haven't dtd yet. I had a second degree tear and am quite nervous about it hurting! Am just going to just go for it soon as am missing it a bit :blush:

Tjw so sorry you are having a rough time :hugs:
I had a 2nd degree tear but i've healed well and i've been gagging for a bit since i was 8 months pregnant :) :blush:

TJW :hugs: sorry to hear about your situation, we went through something similar 2 years ago with DH and his child from a previous relationship.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->