August Testers - Over 35

thankyou for your :hugs: im debating whether i should go to the docs or not. ive done an internet search and some people say it isnt necessary as it less than 5 weeks. i know they can't do anything about it but maybe they'll do some blood checks or something. dh is keen on taking me down there. i dont know if it is necessary or not, what do you think? also, this month im a bit lost on how to count to my ovulation now. because ive started bleeding today, do i start cd1 today or when it should have been earlier this week?

Sumat I don't know much about it but from what the other ladies have said they don't do any testing until 3mcs - so I would report this one just in case that happens to you (fx not of course) - because if it did and you hadn't let them know about this one then they may not count it :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Maybe someone else has some experience and advice.

thankyou for your :hugs: im debating whether i should go to the docs or not. ive done an internet search and some people say it isnt necessary as it less than 5 weeks. i know they can't do anything about it but maybe they'll do some blood checks or something. dh is keen on taking me down there. i dont know if it is necessary or not, what do you think? also, this month im a bit lost on how to count to my ovulation now. because ive started bleeding today, do i start cd1 today or when it should have been earlier this week?

I would recommend getting a blood test done just to have it on your records; not much will get done, but it's good for your doctor to be made aware. :hugs:

Oh hun, I am so sorry for your loss. A few of us here have had chemical pregnancies. I've had at least 3 myself and it is heartbreaking. But, I have also gotten pregnant the cycle right after a chemical pregnancy. I wish you the very best, hugs!

hi ladies im back, just arrived home about an hour ago, was ready to give you all some good news this month (been dying for internet) but arrived home to disappointment today. :cry: tested late last sunday evening 11dpo and got a very faint positive on frer, then flew to izmir the next morninig and tested on arrival 12dpo BFP!....totally shocked and excited. same again on a cheapy one day after and another stronger BFP on frer 14dpo. dh and i have been totally excited all week, and it's all weve been talking about. well today it's all gone so wrong, and i feel totally robbed. i don't know whats happened. the first thing i wanted to do was test when i got back here only to discover that ive bled through my white trousers ive been travelling in... so tested straight away frer negative and digi not pregnant. i am so upset. dh has been googling info and said it looks like a chemical. :nope: don't feel like doing sept, but im sure i'll change my mind in a few days. love to you all x

I am sorry to hear this :cry: sending you lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs:

hi ladies im back, just arrived home about an hour ago, was ready to give you all some good news this month (been dying for internet) but arrived home to disappointment today. :cry: tested late last sunday evening 11dpo and got a very faint positive on frer, then flew to izmir the next morninig and tested on arrival 12dpo BFP!....totally shocked and excited. same again on a cheapy one day after and another stronger BFP on frer 14dpo. dh and i have been totally excited all week, and it's all weve been talking about. well today it's all gone so wrong, and i feel totally robbed. i don't know whats happened. the first thing i wanted to do was test when i got back here only to discover that ive bled through my white trousers ive been travelling in... so tested straight away frer negative and digi not pregnant. i am so upset. dh has been googling info and said it looks like a chemical. :nope: don't feel like doing sept, but im sure i'll change my mind in a few days. love to you all x

I am so sorry for your loss! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey sumat, so sorry, that really is heartbreaking :hugs:

Sumat I don't know much about it but from what the other ladies have said they don't do any testing until 3mcs - so I would report this one just in case that happens to you (fx not of course) - because if it did and you hadn't let them know about this one then they may not count it :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Maybe someone else has some experience and advice.

Yeah it was me :cry::cry::cry::cry: so please go and see your doctor. keep strong kidda you have a really good chance of getting your BFP this cycle and i would go with yesterday being day 1 of your cycle. You know where i am if you need me :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss:

So sorry sumat :cry: I hope September brings you a sticky bean :hugs:

Here are the stats for August:

Testers: 61
Results: 48

:bfp: 10
:witch: 38
21% (excluding unknowns)

:bfp: 10
:witch: 38
unknown: 13
16%

Interesting that 16% was also the BFP rate for July including the unknowns :thumbup:

Junebug - thanks for doing the thread and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy

Sumat - I am so so sorry to hear your news. Please try to get to the doctor just for some peace of mind if nothing else. Look after yourself - sending lots of :hugs: your way

Interesting that 16% was also the BFP rate for July including the unknowns :thumbup:

I agree Butterfly, but what would be more interesting is to rate these pregnancies on age...It would be interesting to see how these age/fertility rates compare with national averages....(or international....vis-a-vis US/Can]...

Esp if we are seeing more 40+ preg rates, as compared nationally...

I agree Butterfly, but what would be more interesting is to rate these pregnancies on age...It would be interesting to see how these age/fertility rates compare with national averages....(or international....vis-a-vis US/Can]...

That would be interesting. It would be nice if we had Mod rights and we didn't have to worry about asking the members, just look at their stats and then summarize.

I agree Rashaa that would be interesting but I have a feeeling it would be difficult to find out as there wouldn't be a way of knowing how many people were really trying except on something like this kind of forum :nope:

I would also be interested in seeing the age profiles of those 16% to see if they were mostly in the 35-38 age group and how long they had all been trying for but then that is the mathematician in me coming out :haha::haha:

Butterfly - you could always start a thread in the over 35 pregnancy area asking month of conception, age, how long etc. Am sure the girls there would give you enought to compile stats. :thumbsup:

Oh Sumat, I am so sorry for what you are going through and for how you must be feeling. xoxo

Butterfly - you could always start a thread in the over 35 pregnancy area asking month of conception, age, how long etc. Am sure the girls there would give you enought to compile stats. :thumbsup:

Good idea Wendy, I'll start thinking about that and what questions I want to ask :thumbup:

Well Junebug - I wanted to post this here and it's never easy typing a message like this...

Well ladies it's official - I've miscarried and have scheduled my D&C for tomorrow at noon :nope:. In addition I've scheduled a tubal ligation as my TTC journey has come to an end. The stats for pregnancy and m/c for 41-42 are depressing to say the least. Since I fall in this range, this is the best choice for me. In all regards, I count myself extremely lucky to have 2 wonderful daughters. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and wish each of you the best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->