aurora's Losin Pounds & Gettin Healthy Journal

aurora

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

This is it, no more tomorrows... as the signature says... Failure is NOT an Option!

Long story short, in my early twenties I was around 300 pounds, a few years later got down to 236, years of truck driving and eating later, back up to 295!

Heres my motivational pic.... I had to dig through an old laptop to find this. I was 242 pounds in the bottom pictures... being 5'11 means I can look that good at 242 pounds. lol

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/tammyw/The_Difference.jpg

My goal as always is to eat 100% REAL food. I follow this fairly closely with meals, I tend to fail at eating in betwen meals. Trucking also screws up my meals but I am working wayyy less than I used to. :happydance:

In a week or so I will be doing a USANA RESET to kick start my loss and get rid of sugar cravings. It goes against my real food, no packages belief but I just wanted to try it. I figure since I'm starting now in a light fashion it'll be even more effective.

I am trying to ditch milk products and wheat. I have mild endo and eliminating these foods seems to help symptoms.

So basically my diet is less about dieting and more about eating REAL food in proper portions.

Also plan to exercise as much as possible to rev up my metabolism so treats don't add to my hips immediately.

I'm fortunate in that even though I'm technically morbidly obese, and have hypothyroidism, I am a fairly high energy, active person.

Reasons to do this:

1. Look GOOD
2. Ride my horses comfortably!
3. Get a real baby bump
4. Buy nice clothes
5. Enjoy no more knee and back pain

:happydance:

Todays Deal!

Still sick... first day of justtt starting to feel better though.

B: oatmeal/almond milk
S: pear/ginger scone (wheat free) small latte made w/ almond milk
L: big bowl of my homemade minestrone, no starches
S: peanut butter brownie (wheat free) OOPS!
D: sweet and sour meatballs/rice (beef grass fed from friends farm)

Copius amounts of green tea

30 minute trail walking w/ dogs (wheezing from being sick the whole way, grr)

I am 100% here for you all the way! To find someone else who is morbidly obese makes me feel like I am not in it alone. I realize you are a lot taller than me but at my starting weight I has a 41.4 BMI which is morbidly obese. I am now 39.2 but that is only .8 away from being there again. If you need ANYTHING you let me know.

I really admire you for staying the all real food rout. I fall into the super fake diet foods a lot just to curb the hunger, so your journey is going to be harder than mine. I admire the hell out of you for it. I can't imagine trucking and staying on a diet. Every time I got on a rode trip I gain 10lbs. :blush:

Good luck! you can do it!:thumbup:

PS. I have hashimotos hypothyroid, which has mostly the same effects as regular hypothyroid. (basically the only difference is regular hypothyroid, the thyroid is under active, where as hashimotos the body attacks the normal thyroid and is an auto immune disease)

I know how hard it can be to keep weight under control with a thyroid condition. I also fractured my back in two places from a horseback riding accident when In was 16 so I totally get the back pain. I deal with it every day.

I know what you mean about what the food industry is doing to us. The make everything pre digested and so processed that you eat it and you are hungry an hour later and it was 1,000 calories. It makes me sick how they take a bottle of soda and say it only has 100 calories, but then you find there is 2.5 "servings" in one bottle (that's just an example I don't actually drink soda.) They are making everyone fat and killing them and they don't give a crap!

Growing up my mom cooked everything from scratch. This doesn't mean it wasn't fattening. She used the old school recipes that required 2 cups of butter and a pound of bacon (I'm exaggerating but you know what I am talking about)

What is interesting is I am fat but I have friends who are my size and some even smaller who grew up on processed food. They have diabetus and hypertension and high blood pressure. I have had my blood checked every year (because my mom is a nurse and she worries) and I am always as healthy as a a person of normal weight. Also, when I exercise with my friends I can usually go twice as long as they can. I really chalk it up to growing up on good (albeit fattening food)

I still cook a lot, but I do eat some of the processed diet foods. What is nice about diet foods though is it usually doesn't have a lot of the horrible stuff regular processed food has. It still has some of it and it would be better if I just cooked everything but it is a LOT of work. I admire you for it.

I understand about your back. Even if you didn't fracture it you can really hurt your back on a horse. I hurt L1 and T12 which are the last vertibre in the middle back and the first virtabre in the lower back so I hurt it right on the lower curve of my back. I know the best thing for it to stop hurting is losing weight.

I sure hear you cooney about being overweight but healthy. I always have been too. And active, more active than most thin people!

Ok todays lookin good!

b: steel cut oats/almond milk/a few maple flakes
s: small latte made w/ almond milk/wheat free 3berry scone
l: big bowl of my minestrone
s: 2 bananas and about 3 tbsp natural peanut nutter
d: braised short ribs (my friends grass fed beef) a couple red new potatoes, brocolli

Exercise! This is good too...

1 hour aqua fit class at the pool
10 minutes upstream in the 'lazy river' (this aint easy)
30 minutes dog walkin on the trail

I sure hear you cooney about being overweight but healthy. I always have been too. And active, more active than most thin people!

Ok todays lookin good!

b: steel cut oats/almond milk/a few maple flakes
s: small latte made w/ almond milk/wheat free 3berry scone
l: big bowl of my minestrone
s: not sure yet but I'm a bit hungry!
d: braised short ribs (my friends grass fed beef) a couple red new potatoes, brocolli

Exercise! This is good too...

1 hour aqua fit class at the pool
10 minutes upstream in the 'lazy river' (this aint easy)
30 minutes dog walkin on the trail

Wow! good job! That's almost 2 hours of exercise. I love swimming. I wish I had somewhere to swim. The food also sounds yummy and healthy.

I'm sure glad I dug out that before/after pic. I'm kinda hungry atm but dinner is gonna be good so I don't really want to eat now. Looking at that pic smartened me right up!

I'm sure glad I dug out that before/after pic. I'm kinda hungry atm but dinner is gonna be good so I don't really want to eat now. Looking at that pic smartened me right up!

Haha I want to hang my before picture on the fridge, but I am afraid my friends will see it and I am embarrassed. Not sure why I would be embarrassed considering they look at me every day. :shrug:

I think thought I also like to pretend like my weight doesn't bother me. I don't tell a lot of people about my diet. When in reality the way I look bothers the crap out of me.

Same here! I have a friend who I did tell and she wants to lose a few pounds before a Mexico trip. She had a 6 pack in the summer, so it might be what, a 4 pack now? ugh lol She thinks shes huge.

Same here! I have a friend who I did tell and she wants to lose a few pounds before a Mexico trip. She had a 6 pack in the summer, so it might be what, a 4 pack now? ugh lol She thinks shes huge.

I find people who are skinny and say they are fat, or act like they think they are fat are just fishing for compliments. (unless of corse they have an eating disorder)

It goes like this
"Oh! I'm so fat!"
"No you are not! you are beautiful!"
"Really?"
"Really!"
"Awww thanks!" :dohh:

If I have a friend who is obviously thin and they say "Oh! I'm so fat" I will usually say nothing, or if I am in a bad mood I will say "Well then you should do something about it." :dohh: I'm such a B****

Obviously I would never say that to someone who had an eating disorder. I really don't have a lot of friends like that anymore though. It was mostly in High School. I mean who the hell do they think they are coming up to ME and saying they are fat? It's like how is that supposed to make ME feel? Haha sorry for the rant. I just hate people like that.

God me too... I'm not nice I won't give compliments when they are fished for.. I'll say something like... uh ok.. or why would you say that? lol

Only a so-so day.

b: steel cut oats and banana
l: chicken breast on a bun with fries :(
s: wheat free scone
d: leftovers

Exercise:

30 minute walk dogs on the trail

Thats about it except for climbing up and down ladders on my truck and trailer while loading jet fuel. =\

Wont be able to update tomorrow, have to haul the load North!

It looks to me like you have done just fine! Keep up the good work, and I hope your load goes well tomorrow! :thumbup:

293.6 today, down from 295.3 on Tuesday

I know all too well the feeling of skinny people telling me about how they need to lose weight. My sisters and my mom are all a size 2. I am around a 6/8. I am not big by any means (although I could do with some toning), but I am definitely not as small as they are. I find it crazy when I am the one that they complain to. It makes me feel just awful.
Good luck on your journey!!!

Yep, fishing for comments is such a sign of insecurity. I'm no longer overweight, but when I was (about 40lbs more than now), I used to be "friends" with a girl who was a size 2 with perky D cups, all she did was complain about how fat she was??? :nope: No need for people like that - they just want to make themselves feel better by putting you down. So sad to be like that. :hugs:

Cupcake, your doggie is sooo cute, I can't believe you were able to get a shirt on her! LOL

Hi :hi:

Congrats on your journey, the both of you :happydance:. I know its not going to be an easy process. But it WILL pay off :thumbup:. I have a ways to go too.

:flower:

I'm ok hun! I'm gonna go for a walk...will update my food tonight, thanks for checking. :flower:

I'm ok hun! I'm gonna go for a walk...will update my food tonight, thanks for checking. :flower:

No problem. I don't mean to be nosy, Sometimes I just wonder what you other girls are up to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->