Autism and now possibly Sensory processing disorder

Eoz, I'm soooo pleased that you now have a clear direction to focus Abi's path down iykwim. Plus if it found to be that for sure, that'll be one in the eye for your head-in-the-sand family..... :growlmad: I'm lucky in that since I've aired my concerns, anyone that knows Lauren fairly well knows there's "something not quite right" (apart from my own mother, but she's been oblivious all her life that woman!)

Thanks for the links, it always amazes me that even when ladies are going through so much emotionlly, they always have time to reach out and try to help others at the same time! :hugs: xxxx

This is a whole new thing to me and it's certainly educating me.The people I have chatted to have all said how clued up I am on it all.not really just trial and error and having 5 kids you learn how to have a peaceful life.

If i can help someone else who is also going through then thats another parent and child getting the care they need and deserve.

Congrats on your pink bundle and I'm pleased your family are a help.your mum will wake up soon i hope lol then again my mothers a pain in the arse and im glad she's so oblivious to it all.

hugs hun xx

oo thanks for link to book. I am sure my son has SPD so will give it a read.

Everyone thought it was all in my head too :( Dont worry I dont doubt you and they will feel silly in the end.

Bit of a mini update from me. M had a bad start to the week but by the end of the week he was made class superstar :) This is a great achievement as he goes mainstream and does struggle at times xx

Oh wow thats bloody great!!!! Well done little man.just goes to show they can lead normal lifes in normal settings xxx

Abi's small achievement is she said the word milk and signed for her dinner x

wow bless her!!

My son has to go up to the junior school next year and I am soo worried for him but cant show it! All I can do is check the resources are in place and hope for the best. He is not statemented (I wish he was) but its so hard to get :(

He is doing ok mainstream because academic wise he is fine and above average with maths and reading but socially he struggles. His teacher admits he does need alot of one to one so maybe the statement thing will be easier to get as he gets older? I dont know.

But yeah he is trying so hard bless him!!

Well done to your daughter, I bet your over the moon x

Yes I was but I had to go in the kitchen to jump for joy as she hates a fuss lol

Its sad you need him to be statemented to get the bloody help he needs.My eldest is statemented for Dyslexia and it took me 3 yrs to get that.In the mean time she fell back 3 yrs in her education and now has the reading age of a 10 yr old.She is almost 13.it has a knock on affect in her life as she likes younger toys has no clue how to use a mobile like most girls her age do.I'd never trust her out on her own.

If you are determined to get him that help.i'll dig out my links.I started off with a school pyscologist and went from there x

it is indeed.

This week has been so bloody hard all i have done is cry.Abi has been having huge meltdowns,slapping the baby,wont let us touch her etc.

.I showed Abi's dr some videos I have filmed of her when she is in one and bloody hell I now have an urgent referral to a special needs team at the hospital and he will back me up for anything i need be it referrals,help with DLA,support team etc.And he also said he feels she is autistic and maybe aspergers.

I have the videos on my facebook to show people as i received comments that i was over reacting.They soon apologised.

Add me if you like Zoe Clark prof pic is Abi on a bike x

That is one bloody good idea. I'm going to dig out my camcorder.

I'm sure that's why i got a call so soon back from the gp's surgery about a hosp appointment for Lauren, because she just didn't cope well at all in his office - sod's law she'll be having a "good day" when we see the bigwigs, but a video would show them what they need to see ... xxx

Yes everywhere I went it was like 'aww shes angelic what are you like she cant be that bad'.I was like oh yeah i'll bloody show you .....

Its heartbreaking hun.I and 2 friends cried watching the vids but my god it scores results x

What I'm noticing more and more with Lolly at the moment is how bewildered she looks when she's in a rage, like she's really confused and scared at the same time, and it's heartbreaking because i can see that she just doesn't understand where it's coming from, why I'm taking her from one room to another for instance, why she has to stop what she's doing to put her shoes on, etc etc. But nobody else can see it like that, they see a "little sod's tantrum". It's not, because she can sometimes read what's happening, e.g. I get my coat on, put Emily's coat on, then go to her, and she's fine. She's actually a very good girl deep down :cry: But sometimes it just doesn't work like that and she can't handle it. :nope: I HATE it when MIL says "she's getting all the attention because she's naughty and she knows it" :growlmad: NO, she's NOT, she just doesn't like being round your house and i have to reassure her, if MIL doesn't want a full-on paddy and ornaments smashed that is!!

Oh gee hun xxxx That is abi to a t my heart aches for you xx go add me if you have fb see the vids then tell me if its similar xx

AS for mil daft cow she should bloody help you x

It's so easy for some people to judge and not so easy to help, it seems!! xx

I HATE other peoples opinions. You can add me on Fb just PM me if you want. I am always taking about autism lol other people can like it or lump it xx

whats your facebook hun?

i have just added a new thread about trying to find a nursery suitable for Ab's needs x

oo yeah you added me a while ago :dohh:

I applied for Disability Living Allowance for Abigail back in October.Well today i recieved a letter.DLA have decided she is eligible for middle rate.I am over the moon as it opens many doors now.We will be getting her a new bed,some sensory aids and special lights for her room.

great news hun, congratulations, it really does make a big difference to LOs lifes, sensory toys are not cheap and she will really benefit from the extra help. Well done :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->