Ava Olivia finally here :-)

slrayner

Reaction score
Well feels like I have been pregnant forever but Ava Olivia was born 00:55 on Sunday the 9th Oct (3 days overdue) weighing a small 6lbs 7oz.

I was having mild contractions that began the morning of my due date. It took me from then until saturday to dilate to 4cm! I was in pain and barely slept. When the hosp finally decided to keep me in. I had diamorphine which did nothing apart from space me out. Got checked later and was 5cm and decided I wanted an epidural.

I had to wait half an hour for anesthetist to arrive to give the epi. My contractions were really bad now and gas and air wasn't doing anything. When he had nearly finished the epi I felt the urge to push! The midwife said I couldn't be as I was only 5cm not long before. She checked me and I was 9cm, no wonder I was in pain!! I had to wait an hour until I could push.

However, my contractions were irregular and not as close as they should be. Baby was showing signs of distress so had to use ventuse to help get her out. Cord was wrapped around her neck 2 times but she was ok. Apart from a few marks on her head she is doing well and we love her more than anything.

I had a second degree tear that was very nearly a third and would have meant theatre. But we r all good and doing well!

Congratulations! Love the name, and little Ava has the same birthday as me :thumbup: Hope your well :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->