Average Cost of a new baby??

fifi83

Reaction score
Hi girls

Bit of advise for all those who dont mind to answer, how much have you budget for your baby? or how much have you spent all in all? and all new mums how much did they cost you?

I didn't have a budget. I over-spent and feel SO bad. I wouldn't like to add up what we've spent but I'd say it was highhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It's individual as you can buy alot second hand, cots etc.

I only need about £500 to finish off because the buggy I want isn't cheap.

We didn't budget, but we were quite sensible about buying. I think we got everything we needed for about.. £300 max.

I was pregnant over christmas but only 16 wks, so I didnt want anything for the baby so we just asked for vouchers and most of our stuff we got with that.

The only thing we've forked out for are:

Buggy and car seat (together, £140 second hand)
Carrier thingy, like the backpacks you wear on your front (£17 after discount from asda)
Moses basket stand (£15)
Toiletries and that sort of thing
Nappies (270 for £15 - promotional thing at OHs work)

Everything else we got with vouchers. We've been very lucky :) To be honest Im really pleased Matt works for asda because with our staff discout we have saved a hell of a lot of money.

xxx

This thread is going to make me feel so bad.......

oh im sorry, dont feel bad jesus if i could over spend high i bloody would :rofl:, ive spend about 400 quid so far and the rest of the stuff i feel i need is about 600 and 300 for pram :dohh: this includes things for decorating a nursery. ill write me list out shortly see what you all think.

I already had a cot which was (need new mattress)
Crib cost be £30 second hand
Steriliser £2 off a mate
3 packs of 2 x Tomme Tippee bottles £2 off a mate never used
Already had moses basket

to get:

Bedding
clothes
Buggy
bouncy chair

Like I said toriaaaaa, it's individual!! And it's your first. I been there and done that last time lol.

I've spent so much already which is bad seeing as im only 20 weeks on friday....But i couldnt help it and we moving into a much bigger house in july and mortage going to cost me an arm and a leg so gotta get it all before then. So far its well into the late 100's early 1000. And pram we want is going to cost me £700 and still gotta decorate etc and so much more things. but He is well worth it. All the money i've spent is my normal going out money. I used to spend 100-200 a weekend easy and with clothes on top. So i find i have so much extra nowadays lol xxx

we havnt done a budget but the cotbed,mattress and the bedding and the bath came to about £300-£400

still got loads to get.

We didn't really budget but I always had a set idea in my mind of what I wanted (the big things at least) and we tried to purchase those throughout the pregnancy, so we didn't get hit all at once with several big ticket items. We were also very very lucky to have a lot of things given to us (first grandchild on DH's side of the family). I'd say of our own finances we've probably only spent a few hundred dollars--would be closer to $1200 if people hadn't been so generous :D

If I could be bothered to find all my reciepts I'd make a list but it'd be about 10 pages long.. :rofl: I'll do a list of everything when I'm really bored and overdue!

... And pram we want is going to cost me £700

..wowser. I "want" lots of things but I wont get them - I just want to make sure we have money available when baby is here in person.

I've been very sensible and opted for either slightly cheaper or second hadn items (apart from teh car seat which I refuse to compromise on) or I bought items that baby wont grow out of in 5 minutes.. probably spent about £500 in total. This includes all furniture, cotbed and car seat which will both last till he's 4, and all the other bits - carriers, stroller, steraliser, bottles, breast pump etc etc and room decoration (Paint, light fittings, mobiles etc). I may spend another £200 when we decode on the washable nappies that we want (I've bought one of a few and will see how LO gets on with each make). I also still need a bouncy chair and matress.

My best buy was probably the cotbed I got new off ebay and saved (according to the seller!) about €60 on comapred to if I bought it in the shops, or £5 for a breast pump off ebay.

Things I need

Room Thermometer
Changing Mat
Bath Box
Bath
Cot Mobile
Moses Basket
Moses basket bedding set
Towels 2 pack
Nappies (5 packs)
3 More newborn babygrows
9+ babygrows age 0-3
9+ Vest 0-3
Scratch Mitts
Bottles
3 Blankets
3 Cardigans
Pram sheets and Blankets
Bibs
3 Newborn alfits
Things from boots :) such as baby lotions dummys blah blah blah

Things for the nursery

Wall Boarder x 3
Uplighter
Cot Mobile
Curtains
Cot Bedding

Things I would like

Loads and Loads of clothes headbands ect :)
Changing mat liners
Nappy stacker
Top and Tail Bowl
Bouncer
Swing
Bath Support
0-3 Clothes

And so much more i want and need im sure!

Most of all i thinK I NEED a bank loan. lol

..wowser. I "want" lots of things but I wont get them - I just want to make sure we have money available when baby is here in person.

I know its a bit much but like i say i can afford to do it with this baby i prob wont with the next lol I work 52-60 hr weeks. We been putting savings into bank to for when baby here. :blush: I also think to myself this is my first baby and i work really hard so why not. lol thats my way of making it feel acceptable to spend that on a pram when i could buy a second hand car cheaper lol. xxx

I've spent so much already which is bad seeing as im only 20 weeks on friday....But i couldnt help it and we moving into a much bigger house in july and mortage going to cost me an arm and a leg so gotta get it all before then. So far its well into the late 100's early 1000. And pram we want is going to cost me £700 and still gotta decorate etc and so much more things. but He is well worth it. All the money i've spent is my normal going out money. I used to spend 100-200 a weekend easy and with clothes on top. So i find i have so much extra nowadays lol xxx

Yup, i no that feeling :( Im only 16weeks and i have nearly everything needed :blush: Im the most organised person i know and i just want everything to be ready for when the baby arrived. We are in the middle of getting our house built and i dont want to ba paniking buying for baby and house at the same time. All thats left for me to buy is pram, cot, car seat and bouncer. All of which other family members and friend sare kindly buying for us. Iv spent a fortune but i am enjoying it, i dont feel guilty :happydance:

fifi,

i got my top 'n' tail bowl from wilkinsons for 98p

just thought i would let you know as you should have a wilkinsons near you as your in yorkshire.

fifi,

i got my top 'n' tail bowl from wilkinsons for 98p

just thought i would let you know as you should have a wilkinsons near you as your in yorkshire.

Oh yes we do, thanks :)

I know its a bit much but like i say i can afford to do it with this baby i prob wont with the next lol I work 52-60 hr weeks. We been putting savings into bank to for when baby here. :blush: I also think to myself this is my first baby and i work really hard so why not. lol thats my way of making it feel acceptable to spend that on a pram when i could buy a second hand car cheaper lol. xxx

I feel the same. People always moan at me for buying so much clothes (before i fell pregnant) and now my friend is telling me to slow down on baby. I work my not so little anymore, bum off 6 days a weeks and like u have put alot of savings away since i started working, so i will spend it on what i enjoy, afterall its what i enjoy doing. better than wasting it on drink and drugs :)

What are changing mat liners... :blush:

these are the ones i want to match the range i want for her.

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.a...ryranges/brunurseryrangeshugsandkisses/339652

Stops there little bottom getting cold on the changing mat :) i no just prob a money making thing but i like em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->