Average Cost of a new baby??

when i first found out we were pregnant i wouldnt buy anything as id had a previous mc and was being quite careful, i was also in a very good position job and finance wise but as we all know things can change at any minute!!

We bought our first item when i was 17 + 3 (after the sexing scan)
6 outfits from next, bay grows, sleep suits, jacket, coming home oufit, hat, mittens shoes£150
bedroom furniture (cot, matress, wardrobe, chest of drawers, next stage bed, matress, 2 shelves all from ikea) £400
cot mobile £20
steraliser £30
bottles £20
dummies £5
matalan clothes £30 *again baby grows, sleep suits etc*
blankets x 3 £30
pirate money box £15 (oh's first buy lol)
wooden carved coloured pull along train *bargain reduced from £40 to £5!!! (oh's second buy lol)
angel sounds heart monitor £65
baby bath set £20
hooded towels £15
thermometer set, room, bath etc £10
moses basket and stand £50
bedding bales *safari friends* £50
LOADS OF NAPPIES AND BABY WIPES LOTIONS + POTIONS £100??
then we were really lucky as a friend of my moms works at a baby warehouse o she got us 50% off the pram, car seat, changing bag, paraso, rain cover, chair, play station and high chair should have been £570
but we paid £275
so all in all so far we have spent £1290...my mom has given me £150 and oh's grand parents have given us £200

iv still got to get curtains, lamp shade, black out blinds and a coupke more baby grows etc..

my mom has got us quite a lot of stuff as she goes, bibs, grows, suits, sudacrem, signs for car, moses basket beding, breast pads, maternity pads etc so next month we are going through everything to see exacty what iv got and if i need anythig else which i doubt!! I also got a load of clothes fre from a lady by my mom from freecycle website and they are fab!!

my main piece of advice is: if you have the money then get it whilst you can, if i hadnt ,the situation im in now with my work and oh's work would mean wed have had nothing, i always advise to think ahead and have 3 months money saved just incase but also live for today if you can, you never know whats round the corner!!

ROLL ON OUR BABIES!!

h x

I am going to try not to spend too much on the baby even though it is my first.

My family will help out a lot which will take off some of the cost but at the end of the day im thinking even further ahead, if i had £3000 saved id rather keep as much aside as i could incase things got tight

Havent set a budget but am getting most of my stuff second hand....

have got a brand new cot for free and my moses basket is borrowed from a friend... (her LO has grown out of it so im borrowing it for a few months and will give it back to her for number 2!)...buggy is £150 second hand with car seat and accessories and i have loads of free stuff from friends with babies, clothes, nappy bin, bouncer, etc

some stuff i'll give back but some stuff i will keep....

im trying not to spend too much as i know that they grow so quick...im stocking up on nappies, toiletries, etc also im looking out for the sale and deals on items to get things a bit cheaper...

i cheated got my cot crib and moses basket of freecycle and a few bits like baby carriers but buy breast pumps and a few clothes mil buying pushchair so cozt is about 150

well, ive bought loads quite simply because OH has a LOT of bills and the majority of his weekly wage gets swallowed up by them. I'm still at home so ive still got expendable income... which wont be there once we get our own house as my wages will be eaten up by bills too :cry:
so at the moment im buying what big bits i can, Ive already ordered and paid for the nursery furniture including cot just got to arrange a date for delivery. my dad is buying us the pram. just hope we dont get offered somewhere by the council too soon or too late :muaha:
so far i look at things and think bloody hell i have loads... maybe too much :blush: but at the end of the day what doesnt get used can be sold on ebay lol.

:shock: I think my few hundred quid is reasonable, hell If I had £3000 to spend on the baby I'd book a holiday or do up the house :D

well i spent about £700 on pram and cot and everything and then my mum has spend another £200 on baby clothes, but i have only spent around £700 you can do it with less money but becuase its my 1st i went crazy

I thought I was mad for spending £520 on a quinny buzz 4 in strawberry, but I feel ok after this thread lol.

:blush: Im like that when i spend it on me but for baba i dont mind.

As for working 60 hr its not by choice just that i work a very busy stressful job and if i didn't the work would just pile up and up lol. Its what I get for trying to be young and successfull lol. Bar my crash not had a full day off since April 2007 :shock: And the last time i finished before 7 is a long time ago lol maybe its time to slow down soon lol xxx

woweee......you do work a lot! I just cant get that motivated, i think i'm more of a homely type. or lazy:rofl::rofl:

We've spent about $1,500 and it was mainly on the cot, bedding and the mattress. Luckily, my family and friends bought a stroller, a jogger, the basinette, a high chair and some other odds and ends..

Wow you girls are really organised!

We held off buying anything until I had my anomaly scan. it sounds totally paranoid but I was so scared of getting bad news and having to face all of the baby things in the house.

Between about 25-30 weeks we got everything we needed and now Im so BORED! Im off work today and I want to go shopping but theres nothing to buy.

Except a new hoover, but thats boring.

xxx

I went out in the Jan sales and got most of what I needed, so I saved loads of money, my pram was reduced from £300, to £90 in Mothercare :happydance:

Got cot and blankets and sheets from Ikea spent about £150 on the lot.

The most I have spent so far is on cloth nappies, although even then I got good bargains as Tommee Tippee having a massive sale on their cloth nappies as they have stopped making them, I think I have spent about £150 on nappies, and I have enough to see me through to potty stage :happydance:

I reckon if I added it all up I will have spent about £750.....so not too bad :cloud9:

for me to be honest we bought bed,coat,bedding,carriage with car seat,closet,drawers, decoration o toys also clothes as much as i full my shopping obssession,creams so so far 2500$ so i think we had enough.. the baby needs too much things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->