Average Cost of a new baby??

Yup, i no that feeling :( Im only 16weeks and i have nearly everything needed :blush: Im the most organised person i know and i just want everything to be ready for when the baby arrived. We are in the middle of getting our house built and i dont want to ba paniking buying for baby and house at the same time. All thats left for me to buy is pram, cot, car seat and bouncer. All of which other family members and friend sare kindly buying for us. Iv spent a fortune but i am enjoying it, i dont feel guilty :happydance:

Im the exact same everything has to be done now so im very organised ive bought all my clothes, Newborn, 0-3, 3-6 and put them all in sperate plastic boxs with a list on top of what in. (only basics as i know ill get presents) and one box with all blankets etc and same again on top is a note of everything in the box. I think all in all i have about 6 plastic boxes in my spare room full of things. And my cot already built along with nursery furniture as i didnt want to get into new house go to build it and parts missing etc. My OH hates im so organised but i tell him we wouldnt get anything done if it weren't for me lol xx

Im the exact same everything has to be done now so im very organised ive bought all my clothes, Newborn, 0-3, 3-6 and put them all in sperate plastic boxs with a list on top of what in. (only basics as i know ill get presents) and one box with all blankets etc and same again on top is a note of everything in the box. I think all in all i have about 6 plastic boxes in my spare room full of things. And my cot already built along with nursery furniture as i didnt want to get into new house go to build it and parts missing etc. My OH hates im so organised but i tell him we wouldnt get anything done if it weren't for me lol xx

Ok, maybe you are TOOOO organised with the plastic box situation :rofl:
I havent gone that far yet.. Just mothercare bags filling up my cupboards at the mo.
But you have just given me and idea... Bring on the plastic boxes :rofl: lol

Wow. We haven't really bought anything besides the crib bedding, mobile, lamp and wall decorations - only because we got a really really good deal. My girlfriend is giving me a crib, so we just need, well, everything else. :) We are trying to only buy what we need, and when we register for the baby shower, we'll register for only the stuff that is necessary. I'll have everything done early as well, as I am super organized. :hugs:

Ok, maybe you are TOOOO organised with the plastic box situation :rofl:
I havent gone that far yet.. Just mothercare bags filling up my cupboards at the mo.
But you have just given me and idea... Bring on the plastic boxes :rofl: lol

:rofl: Go Ikea lol :rofl:

I know its a bit much but like i say i can afford to do it with this baby i prob wont with the next lol I work 52-60 hr weeks. We been putting savings into bank to for when baby here. :blush: I also think to myself this is my first baby and i work really hard so why not. lol thats my way of making it feel acceptable to spend that on a pram when i could buy a second hand car cheaper lol. xxx

oh i wasnt saying "want" in a bad way. I'd be plagued with guilt thats all..i've always suffered that when i buy expensive things! It drives me OH nuts I think.

60 hours a week. wowee - well done you. I manage 40 and no more. Come 40 i'm right out the door!

oh i wasnt saying "want" in a bad way. I'd be plagued with guilt thats all..i've always suffered that when i buy expensive things! It drives me OH nuts I think.

60 hours a week. wowee - well done you. I manage 40 and no more. Come 40 i'm right out the door!

:blush: Im like that when i spend it on me but for baba i dont mind.

As for working 60 hr its not by choice just that i work a very busy stressful job and if i didn't the work would just pile up and up lol. Its what I get for trying to be young and successfull lol. Bar my crash not had a full day off since April 2007 :shock: And the last time i finished before 7 is a long time ago lol maybe its time to slow down soon lol xxx

Well I haven't got a cot, matress, cot bedding or changing unit yet & I've spent about £400 or £500 so far I think. Thats not including the pram which my sister bought, the car seat we got as a freebie by mistake from the shop & the bouncy chair which my Uncle gave me.

I have budgeted £1000 to spend on the baby. And that was the start of my wedding savings.

oh my god ive only got baby clothes (little dresses- nothing practicle like vests, babygros ect) and 2 dummies!!!! i think i need to start buying things quick!!:wohoo::wohoo:

Didn't have a budget. Just bought. And bought. And bought.... =/

OMG i think i have got £2000 saved up and by the time im going to buy will have £3000 (not including OH part) oh dear i think iv gone slightly over bored ha ha ha ha!! Well i will just have to get what i want and put the rest into wedding fund. How on earth do i have this much money to spare not sure this is normal student behaviour ha ha ha!! Dont feel guilty though cos its not for me ha ha ha!! Baby uggs woop wooop!! ha ha ha!

I think it is pretty normal for people to go "overboard". Almost everyone I know who already has children (which is most of my friends) bought way, way more then they needed - I keep being told what I WON'T need. LOL - what is interesting is that every person has a different list of won't need.

I already have a playpen & swing that was given to us (but we're going to give them some money for it anyway since the stuff wasn't even used!). And another acquaintance is lending us the cradle. I also have a highchair already (which about over a year ago on a whim when I saw it in an "antique" shop - it's a wooden one like the one my mom had for us & I love it!) - dh thought I was crazy when I brought it home.

The only big ticket items we're planning to buy are: crib, change table & carseat. We don't plan to buy a pram 'cause where we live it is much too steep to use it. Oh yeah, we're using cloth so the initial investment on diapers will be a good chunk - but I am planning on making a lot of it.

We have no budget :blush:
Were being quite sensible though, I have a good idea of what we do and dont need! ( been around babies and children forever!!)

I dont really know anyone who is pregnant, my neighbours have just had theirs but they are having more...boo hoo!! Nah wait not really complaining, if i was given too much would take all the fun out of shopping ha ha ha!!

Blimey I'm scared to add up how much we've spent on this little man already..

We've brought most of his large items with our wedding present money so that was kinda handy.. Other than that we've just been buying bits here and there and haven't really noticed it..

Matalan and wilkinsons are really good for baby stuff, you can get alot for your money!!

we've done not too badly to be honest. Not exactly on a budget but not wanting to over do it.
this is what we've spent so far...

travel system with car seta £140
second hand moses basket & stand £20
steriliser £30
8x tommee tippee bottles (new from ebay) £10
tommee tippee breast pump (new ebay £5)
bouncer/rocker chair £50
graco travel cot £60
cot bedding set £65 (bumper/quilt etc)
other bedding (blankets/sheets) £20 (matalan)

the only real biggie we still have to get is the cot, which we're not planning on getting till baby 3-6 months old. We have basically everything else, we've been given a bit of money from family already which we used for things we wouldn't normally have bought - I got a skip hop change bag that I loved but I would NEVER have spent £49 of my money on a bag but since it was with gift money it was ok lol

I'm shopping on a budget, this isn't my first baby and I am doing a lot of clothes shopping on ebay. If I can save money, I will!

The clothes bundles you can get off ebay are amazing.

I wouldn't like to add up whats been spent :blush:
I am guessing around 800/900 pounds so far but i've been buying bits and bats since i was 4 weeks, So probably more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->