Average NTNP length until BFP?

Court28

Reaction score
Pretty much as the title asks, I was wondering what an average length of time NTNP would be before getting BFP?
Any personal advice would be great as well :flower:

I would think it varies person by person, but in my personal experience it wasn't long. Im trying to hold out this time, but it's soo damn hard. ;)

Not sure of the average but it took us 2 months of NTNP to conceive our first.

2 months for us too. It really varies though.

1 month the first time, 5 months the second. TTC failed for me majorly. (Over 2 years of nothingness)

First try for us too, I think the stress free nature of it helped. We also knew when around I O bc my cycles are rather predictable!

*STALKING*:thumbup:
am keen to find out more currently I am coming up to month 7 of NTNP #1. Before we started ntnp I was on the depo provera injection for 6 years & cerazette pill for 11 month so altogether 7 years of no periods. My first period after stopping was 33 days and my cycles have been pretty regular but long 30-35days. am 24-25 in march & hubby is 25-26 june so younge healthy ppl, dont really drink, not over weight so goodness no`s
good luck ladies

i think it depends on your body. I know the normal time period for people who actively know there cycle is 80% within a year will conceive if there healthy. They say if you haven't conceived after a year you should go get some checks done but i dont know what counts as actively ttc . I like ntnp because everyone seems a little less stressed and laid back in this part of the forum and i'm not doing temp etc but i do know when i ovulate and i try to plan around the day. I reckon it takes a bit longer if you have been on long term contraception i came off dianette and i am on month 4 of trying fingers crossed for the 25th xxxxxx

9 months for me with dd and currently on month 8 ntnp 2ND ( not to but a downer on it don't take me as,an example lol )

1st month first time around, currently on 2nd month this time around.

3yr ... then 11mth but mc another 12mth got preg 2nd time , not ttc at the moment now tho ... having injection lol

I don't have any personal experience, but from what I've read I think it all depends on the amount of bd'ing you are doing.

I read a research study that looked at a few hundred women trying to conceive, they found in the average cycle there is a 40% chance of conception. Only 50% of those conceptions will go to full-term (25% chemical, 25% mc). This was only for women who were having regular sex.

So I think if you bd every other day or 3/week it shouldn't really make too much of a difference whether you are "ttc" or "ntnp". Maybe a few percent on either side of the 40%.

I don't know if it's true of course!

I believe I had a chemical after about 3 months of NTNP our first, but we are still continuing :sex: so fingers crossed!

I NTNP with all three of my kids. With my son, I got pregnant the first month, first cycle. With my second I got pregnant the second month, but still during my first cycle. With my third, I got pregnant after 13 months, which turned out to be my 8th cycle. I think it really depends on the woman and how often you DTD.

*just for the record, I'm still WTT...just stopped by while I was wishfully thinking about getting pregnant. :blush::haha: *

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->