• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Awesome things you can do while babywearing

SarahBear

Reaction score
Learn self-defense:

11694093_499217616911986_115831239_n.jpg

This is a picture of me getting ready to practice a snap kick while holding Leo in my carrier.

(OK, now for your examples)

Thats cool :)

My ds went up 24 mountains before he was 6 months old :)

(My examples are really boring!)

Play Lego with 4 year old creature.
Ride busy buses and trams.

Today I breastfed whilst walking around tesco, normally I'd stop in the cafe to do it, so this is an achievement :happydance:

My LO never liked being worn, so this isn't my example, but in my area they have ballet classes for babywearers. Thought that was kind of cool.

Successfuly get your sleep fighting baby to sleep! 👼

That's as exciting as it gets right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20150708_103043.jpg
    IMG_20150708_103043.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 6
Unfortunately these classes are not in my local area but I saw ballroom and Latin dance classes for baby wearers advertised in a sling Facebook group! I wish it was near to where I live, it would be awesome!

Babywearing helps me get work done :)

https://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w654/mindy_russell1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150711_195114_zpsi1k3caxy.jpg

I wore my poorly DD2 swimming at Centre Parcs every day so DD1 didn't miss out! She slept in the water ring sling each time. Admittedly, I didn't actually swim with her in it, but I did wade around the shallow end and went aground the lazy river in a ring. It was great!

I wore my poorly DD2 swimming at Centre Parcs every day so DD1 didn't miss out! She slept in the water ring sling each time. Admittedly, I didn't actually swim with her in it, but I did wade around the shallow end and went aground the lazy river in a ring. It was great!

That's such a good idea!

I only got my sling yesterday and I'm so excited. He seems to like it to. I've done boring house work wearing him and today we are off on the bus. Unable to drive still the kids are driving me crazy. Can't take double pushchair on bus so hopefully wearing him will work out

I breastfed my 7 month old whilst walking the dog and throwing the ball yesterday :)

Breastfed my baby whilst enjoying a day out at a theme park chasing my toddler around.

Love it now she is happy to breastfeed whilst in the carrier.

Today I did parachute games with my 3 year old in the rain while holding an umbrella and babywearing.

Couple of weeks ago went on the train to central London. No way was I doing that with a pushchair!

And today went to the shops in the rain, which doesn't sound like a big deal, but it meant I could hold an umbrella and keep us both dry!

It's the little conviencies I love!

Just being able to go out was a big deal when she was born. We live in a block of flats and aren't allowed to keep pushchairs down stairs so I had anxiety about going out cos it was so much effort. Then I got a carrier and life was so much better!

Day trip to London with an 18 month old

Attachments

• IMG_20150724_081406.jpg
    IMG_20150724_081406.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 4
Everything!

Babywearing has kept me sane for the last 21 months. Besides shopping (groceries or for fun) I've gardened, cross country skied, hiked, had dinners out and have made some great friends (online via brand chatter pages and in real life from our local BW'ing group). I also love the fact that I wasn't chained to home because of nap schedules. My baby has taken so many wrap naps..... Being 34 weeks pregnant and having a 21 mo, our wearing time has decreased but I'm so looking forward to snuggling the new baby :)

Babywearing has also given me a fun mommy hobby (collecting - buying, selling and trading wraps). I definitely have more than I need but they all make me so happy and I will be able to recoup funds by selling when I'm done babywearing. A win, win.

Take the stairs, rather than the lift! Help shift this stubborn baby weight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->