Awful dry skin on face

pinklightbulb

Single Mummy
Reaction score
This is the third pregnancy I have suffered this and it drives me crazy!! Anyone else in the same boat? It started about week 9, same as the other two pregnancies. Arghhhhhhh

This is my second pregnancy and the dry skin is driving me nuts xx

I suffer with dry / sore skin all the time but I highly recommend aveeno cream xx it's suitable for eczema etc x

It is very common. I had it and it is related to hormonal changes. It should go back to normal postpartum but in my case it only got worse at 1 year pp. It looked like severe acne under a layer of dry skin.
Anti fungal cream cleared it up within weeks. I had to continue using it for years after. Only in this pregnancy my hormones are magically corrected (for now...).
I used Clotrimazole based creams and solutions since it is considered safest during breastfeeding and pregnancy.
Funny thing is with treating the fungus I had the best skin ever in my life. I wrote many articles about the causes and treatments.
Here is one and it links to others. Page 2 has a lot of info about tackling the problem with diet.
https://longhairedatheart.blogspot....omment=1442566486367&m=1#c2133254121200868851

It can actually cause some pretty bad damage to the skin because it clogs pores causing acne and blackheads. When pores are always clogged they expand and even after being cleaned out stay permanently enlarged, which results in a less fine and even complexion. Fungus also breaks down Collagen and can cause additional aging. The skin will be less plump and can lose collagen unevenly resulting in a cellulite effect. It also creates additional toxins in your body.

Sadly it can be hard to get help. It is a fairly unknown problem and 90% of dermatologists won't even be able to properly diagnose it. I only found one that worked with black light.

Fortunately if the dry skin responds to anti fungal creams and eventually disappears after getting a bit dryer at first you can be certain it was a fungus.

Both dry skin and wrinkle is a more common problem in older problem. Good moisturizer can be the best solution for both dry skin and wrinkle, regardless of the cause. One can try this advanced moisturizer can also act as anti-aging, which will help to rebuild and strengthen skin.

I had this with all of my sons. My skin has been beautiful with my girl pregnancies! I get a THICK overnight cream to use after showering, and as long as I use it most every other day, I don't have to worry about dry skin on my face. I would recommend checking them out. There are several awesome options. Do your research, based on your needs. I like chemical/junk-free, so that takes priority, but if other things are important to you, there is something for everybody out there!

My forehead looks like I got sunburn and it's peeling.. it has since early on! Marvellous..! My skin has completely flipped in pregnancy, I normal have fairly oily skin but in pregnancy, it's mega dry! The best moisturiser I've found for mine in the UK is Palmers Coco Butter. I use it on my bump as well. It does help a lot if not totally cure! But I'm not brilliant at remembering to do it everyday as I hate moisturiser/creams haha, can't stand the sticky feeling!

I also use a CC cream as foundation these days as it's more moisturising and doesn't dry my skin out so much! I use Cliniques CC Moisture Surge. Keeps it under control mostly in the day time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->